Author Topic: I got to give Dre his props....Relapse is the best produced album last 6-7 years  (Read 2472 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
not really feeling the production on relapse a huge amount. this is a minority viewpoint, but i think its pretty flat sounding. if its even a small indicator of what detox will sound like, then that album will come in WAY, WAY below my expectations. at the moment i'm borderline thinking that dre has genuinely lost his touch, while still holding out hope that there will be some better sounds coming from his production camp.

hopefully relapse is just a one-off but at the moment i'm more interested in hearing an a-grade khalil production than a dre/dawaun parker/batson beat.

got a feeling that there's too many yes men, nobody to tell him that shit just isn't bumping compared to his previous work. but lol @ bishop lamont agreeing with that radio host that crack a bottle is 'horrible' :laugh: his album probably has some really good shit on it (dre wise) but at this rate we'll never get to hear it...

No disrespect Matty, you know I respect your opinion but lately your Dre comments have been real suspect. Like you have this alien, 3020 expectations from him but then you when Khalil or Quik drop really weak shit you're like "it's banging!". I feel like the direction you want from Dre is either unrealistic (those techno inspired songs you sent me via pm) or you have a wierd taste (caliming Shit Popped Off is what Detox should sound like, when the beat is mad boring).

And fuck what Bishop said, Crack A Bottle beat >> Grow Up or No Stopping Carson

Matty

fuck that :laugh:

best dre beats since 2001 = outta control rmx, get up, shit popped off (based on how it sounds in skeleton form)

they are the tracks that really got my head nodding 8)

and i never claimed no wack shit from quik or khalil was all that, although there's been some disagreements on a few khali tracks. 'hey playa' and 'fuck y'all' are fire!!! 8)

Digital Pimpin'

:o :o

Had to check the user-name.. twice.  :P

lol

It's true, Dre did his thang on this one. Medicine Ball & Bagpipes From Baghdad sound seriously bangin on the big speakers.

Triple OG Rapsodie

not really feeling the production on relapse a huge amount. this is a minority viewpoint, but i think its pretty flat sounding. if its even a small indicator of what detox will sound like, then that album will come in WAY, WAY below my expectations. at the moment i'm borderline thinking that dre has genuinely lost his touch, while still holding out hope that there will be some better sounds coming from his production camp.

hopefully relapse is just a one-off but at the moment i'm more interested in hearing an a-grade khalil production than a dre/dawaun parker/batson beat.

got a feeling that there's too many yes men, nobody to tell him that shit just isn't bumping compared to his previous work. but lol @ bishop lamont agreeing with that radio host that crack a bottle is 'horrible' :laugh: his album probably has some really good shit on it (dre wise) but at this rate we'll never get to hear it...

No disrespect Matty, you know I respect your opinion but lately your Dre comments have been real suspect. Like you have this alien, 3020 expectations from him but then you when Khalil or Quik drop really weak shit you're like "it's banging!". I feel like the direction you want from Dre is either unrealistic (those techno inspired songs you sent me via pm) or you have a wierd taste (caliming Shit Popped Off is what Detox should sound like, when the beat is mad boring).

And fuck what Bishop said, Crack A Bottle beat >> Grow Up or No Stopping Carson

I don't think Bishop was hating on the Crack A Bottle beat. It was a nice beat but the song overall sucked, mostly because of the terrible chorus.

No Stoppin Carson >> Crack A Bottle >> Grow Up

and that's rating the beat. Grow Up was a better song than Crack A Bottle

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Deja Vu on the speaker system =  :o 8)

dope song as well
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Triple OG Rapsodie

and you must not listen to a lot of hip hop albums if you think Relapse is the best produced album in years.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
There definately are some heaters on this but in general this is NOT the best produced cd since in the last 6 -7 years and is definately not the best cd top to bottom since 2001. There is music past dre for y'all just to inform you. I know the thread starter knows this through all the stuff he says about dre but the production on documentary is better and more original than this. This has some great moments but its not amazing in terms of production at all from top to bottom and alot of the beats are recycled.

Still some real heated beats.

Insane, bagpipes, stay wide awake, underground = Top beats, but dre has made better shit.

Last real detox moment from dre was start from scratch imo in alot of ways, the beat was a monster and dre and storch did there thing. They mix that super professional sound with banging beats. Problem is i doubt they work together at all now and his new team are starting to find some team but im not sure they're as gifted as he previous cats. Even on relapse, elizondo dre beats usually seem to bang the most but he was not even the best cat in dres team when dre was making fire on a regular. The production even on cheers is arguebaly better than this.

Definately not the best produced cd since 2001 but there are some nice moments on this.

I doubt detox will sound like this, dre will im sure have fresh shit beats wise on that with a big sound to it, this is alot of dre tracks where some bang but its shit we've heard from dre many times, nothing new mostly imo.

pz

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Nothing wrong with Grow Up at all, dope beat to spark a blunt to. It wasn't supposed to be a banger, and it wasn't, some dudes expect every Dre beat to be Outta Control though.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
At Matty >> if there's one thing we agree on is the Outta Control remix being the best Dre beat post 2001 so let's leave it at that  :)

At Rapsodie >> I must have misunderstood what Matty said about Biishop rating Crack A Bottle, I thought we were talking beat wise. Grow Up is definitely the best song out of those 3.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dre was recycling on Documentary too: Westside Story >> mix of In Da Club and Still Dre and Higher >> Outta Control. Start From Scratch was an amazing production though, no doubt.

And let's not forget while albums like GRODT, Doc, Massacre, Big Bang were all sick production wise they all had 10 different producers, which automatically looses the battle with cohesive vibe that Relapse has.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
 :o :yikes:
Whats today's date? April 1st? I thought we were in May already? LongBeach is giving Dre props?

:o Your hater pass is revoked til Detox drops.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:57:44 AM by PresidentUP »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
in todays day, having many producers on an album does not matter anymore because its become the norm. Aslong as there is an executive producer who can quality control (they dont come better than dre at this) it wont effect an album aslong as the production is heat. Even relapse production wise has moments of differences. I definately agree with the rapsodie cat that this is NOT the best production at all.

I agree about westside story having a similar sound to/influence to in da club in some ways but the production on that was better top to bottom than this, a bigger sound too imo. How we do/higher/start from scratch etc and some of the other shit on that album, i think the production on that was better. Cheers imo>>relapse in terms of production. Music outside of aftermath releases have better production than this too. I do like the production on relapse though, no hate!

pz!

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Dre was recycling on Documentary too: Westside Story >> mix of In Da Club and Still Dre and Higher >> Outta Control. Start From Scratch was an amazing production though, no doubt.

Westside Story = west coast In Da Club
Higher = west coast Outta Control
Hard Liquor = west coast If I Can't

At least to my ears anyway. All of them were still dope bangers though.

By the way, I think people were talking about Hard Liqour in a topic a while ago, I got the track on my phone if people were wanting it uploaded.

EnzoUK

personally i didnt think the production was all that great...it wasnt what it was hyped to be. He's had 5 years to sort this album and lets be honest its not that great..the beats and tracks are not all that memorable.

iv already stopped bumping it cause theirs better stuff out.
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
BTW I don't think that this is how Detox will sound. I mean it will but even bigger. He's giving us a taste with Em's and probably 50's new album, like he did with Snoop's before 2001 dropped. It's much better than the boring loops he's been dropping after Big Bang. Because you have to remember that back in 03-05 all those Dre beats were also superb because he scrapped Detox and was giving his artists tracks straight from the album. Right now he's dropping 70% finished joints. That's at least how I picture it.