Author Topic: I got to give Dre his props....Relapse is the best produced album last 6-7 years  (Read 2469 times)

MediumL

underground is insane to me. On some monster type shit. Dunno gonna give the album a couple more spins and buy it a bit later. The underground beat seems to switch speed during the verse and soo many dope affects, its exactly what i love from dre beats.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:18:03 PM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Yup, no denying that Dre did his thing. The beats bang on Relapse, from cover to cover.

But what I'm loving the most with the production on Relapse is the fact that there's a coherent and steady sound going on throughout the album. Like there were back in the days - the advantage of having one producer do the whole album,
I guess. I really wish that style of making records would come back - not get one beat from everybody who's hot, but just get one dude or team do the whole record. You'd get the effect that an album isn't just a collection of songs but those songs form a whole - not only thematically, but sonically also.

that's the main reason why the album flows so well, and it doesn't hurt that it's Dre doing the all the beats

not since chronic 2001 have I felt this type vibe
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

OG Hack Wilson

dre says he ain't ashamed of that pic - those were costumes the Wrecking Crew had

what a hater
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BiggBoogaBiff

Relapse is the shit tho

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Dre is a genius when it comes to doing whole albums.

What was surprising for me is that there a bunch of beats unexpectedly didn't sound like the usual Dre. but to me that show how good he is cause it was purposely done to conform to the album's concept/

This is avery conceptual album. I think that flew over a lot of people's head, which is why they asking for songs like Closet, The Way I Am etc.. It wasn't about that. I think Relapse 2 will have more songs like those.

Davis25

• Lil Geezy
You know, at first I was really kind of dissapointed, but after my 4th and 5th go through im starting to really get a better feel for the album.  Its not like a normal Em album at all, I think that is what really threw me from the get go!  Dre really makes the album, Ems lyrics are on point most of the time but Dre carries it with the beats I believe.  And you guys are right about Underground, that crazy shit in the background is just insane!  Classic production, its growing on me more with each listen!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
You know, at first I was really kind of dissapointed, but after my 4th and 5th go through im starting to really get a better feel for the album.  Its not like a normal Em album at all, I think that is what really threw me from the get go!  Dre really makes the album, Ems lyrics are on point most of the time but Dre carries it with the beats I believe.  And you guys are right about Underground, that crazy shit in the background is just insane!  Classic production, its growing on me more with each listen!

Dre did his thing on this, but if EM was rapping like he did on Encore album would be shit.

I wish Dre did entire albums again, his last one was 10 years ago and before that was Doggystyle (Aftermath Presents doesn't count)

westside159

yeah i think beat wise its eminems best album .. 

DOGGSHIT

• 'G'
I agree also. I like the production on this album.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
album still bumpin strong, glad I bought this

KrazySumwhat

Yup, no denying that Dre did his thing. The beats bang on Relapse, from cover to cover.

But what I'm loving the most with the production on Relapse is the fact that there's a coherent and steady sound going on throughout the album. Like there were back in the days - the advantage of having one producer do the whole album, I guess. I really wish that style of making records would come back - not get one beat from everybody who's hot, but just get one dude or team do the whole record. You'd get the effect that an album isn't just a collection of songs but those songs form a whole - not only thematically, but sonically also.

Agreed mate. I love this album, i mean i've only givin it a few listens but the production imediately stood out to me. I feel the same as you and i've described the album like that to others. The album might not have an outstanding amount of absolute bangers that just stand the fuck out and are smash hits BUT, the album has a real steady and consistant flow, it just works, it sounds and feels right.
 I love the production, it dose vary but not in a way that interupts the feel, i showed the album to a fellow hip hop head i know and he was also quite impressed.
 I was amazed, the amount of hate the album seems to have recived an bad reviews has me shocked. I admit the songs that leaked i thought were good not great but they have grown on me and the album really dose have that old school feel.
 Its alomost one rapper one producer, what other commercial rapper can do that?
 I think Eminem is good on this album also, by far his best album since marshal mathers(sp?).
 i was pleasantly suprised, so good to see dre so heaverly involved in one project and i cant recal an album sounding so consistant in a long time.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 03:11:03 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
almost a month later and I can say this: album is a modern classic

Top EM albums

1. MMLP
2. Relapse
3. EM Show
4. SSLP
5. Shitcore

Triple OG Rapsodie

hahah, can't believe people actually like this album. Good production, but that's about it.

West Coast Veteran

Compared to the last album Dre produced 95% of the tracks, the production on Relapse is real lackluster. Good, not mind blowing in the least.

westside159

yeah the beats were nice , except for maybe a couple that were just alright , like old times sake i thought could of came with something better .  Dre needs to bring the Synths bacc like that sound on the first Chronic album , thats what im waiting for .  That Funk