Author Topic: Guru Gang Starr says Southern Hip hip is not "Hip Hop" Pseudo Hip Hop  (Read 431 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2009/05/15/21564288.aspx

Solar calls it "Pseudo hip hop" Illseed says he disagrees with  Guru and Solar on it.

Solar says you never see new rock and rollers never disrespects the veterans of rock and roll.

Case in point.. Rick Ross came in disrespecting Trick D, 50 cent disrespected alot of rappers I'm not sure if veterans should be used in this point.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2009/05/15/21564288.aspx

Lunatic

Guru Gang Starr should go listen to Scarface, Geto Boyz, Outkast, 8Ball & MJG, UGK, Mr. 3-2, Z-Ro, K-Rino, Killer Mike and countless others before he makes statements.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
to quote Premo from dopewhiterappers' sig "7 grand really fucked your head up huh"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

2euce 7even

Guru Gang Starr should go listen to Scarface, Geto Boyz, Outkast, 8Ball & MJG, UGK, Mr. 3-2, Z-Ro, K-Rino, Killer Mike and countless others before he makes statements.

you know that the artists you listed weren´t ment to be dissed..im sure they mean ppl like: jeezy, lil jon, solja boy,d4l,etc.

Lunatic

you know that the artists you listed weren´t ment to be dissed..im sure they mean ppl like: jeezy, lil jon, solja boy,d4l,etc.
regardless, he's at fault for saying "southern" hip-hop. And Jeezy doesn't deserve to be categorized with the people u just named; esp. D4L/Soulja Boy.

Al Bundy

guru isn't even relevant anymore, that's why he's talking shit to stir up publicity. quit worrying about the next man and get yours. guru hasn't been shit since the last gangstarr album

Lunatic

guru isn't even relevant anymore, that's why he's talking shit to stir up publicity. quit worrying about the next man and get yours. guru hasn't been shit since the last gangstarr album
preach

Paul

Lil Jon shouldnt be there either, considering he gave us this gem

And countless others
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

^Yea I was gonna say Jon don't belong there either.

BiggBoogaBiff

i told y'all Gangstarr was outdated.  they died out right before the end of Throwback Jerseys

Invincible

i told y'all Gangstarr was outdated.  they died out right before the end of Throwback Jerseys

Gang Starr no. Guru, yes. Guru cannot hold down an album without Premier. Gang Starr still gets regular play by me now.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
LMAO!

There ain't no respect nowhere, no ways, no more.....so..

Al Bundy

Gang Starr no. Guru, yes. Guru cannot hold down an album without Premier. Gang Starr still gets regular play by me now.

word.

Rick McCrank

Guru Gang Starr should go listen to Scarface

he's on the "Moment of Truth" album

Al Bundy

Guru Gang Starr should go listen to Scarface

he's on the "Moment of Truth" album

lmao. i forgot about that betrayl track! face was dope on that