Poll

Who will win the series?

Lakers
22 (66.7%)
Nuggets
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: May 26, 2009, 11:37:18 AM

Author Topic: 2009 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (65-17) vs Denver Nuggets (54-28)~ Round 3  (Read 5385 times)

Kool Beenz

if Nugs win the first 2 then Nugs in 5

if not then Nugs in 6 or 7

LMFAO. are you being sarcastic?

no im being serious

dude how couldnt the Lakers beat the Rockets by game 5 or 6?
i would of pulled for the Lakers if they could of done that but they took it all the way to game 7
and thats WITHOUT Yao, T Mac and Mutambo

Lakers should of swept the Rockets and they couldnt
if Nugs step up their D they are gonna take it

like i have said before Lakers had their opportunity for a title last year and failed

WTF are you talking about? The Rockets are a tough, scrappy team who play team ball and thrive on defense and they presented a tough challenge...This same Rocket team won 22 games in a row last year. do you have any fucking idea what you're talking about? we handled the Nuggets this season. wow. I can tell you're just now getting back into basketball. LOL

yeah but Nuggets are better then the Rockets, and i think their D is better also...

saying the matchups arent right
Chauncy > any PG on the Lakers
Carmelo  vs. Ariza? come on now...
Gasol will have problems with Birdman
Nene> Bynum

im just sayin though thats my prediction

im not saying Lakers cant beat them but Nuggets wont get swept

i know Kobe will do great but so will J.R. and Jones

you gotta study the game more, bro...

Chauncey is a better point guard than Brooks, but he will not present the Lakers as much of a match-up problem, because he doesnt have the foot-speed of Brooks and Fisher can actually defend him.

Ariza can defend Melo...he cant shut him down, of course, but he's one of the better swing defenders in the league.

Gasol will have problems with Birdman? are you serious? pretty sure it'll be the other way around, buddy. LOL

Nene is not greater than Bynum. when bynum plays his game, he's clearly better than Nene. in fact, even with Bynum put up better stats even through his injury plagued season.

i dont even wanna get into Kobe vs. JR Smith, cuz that's just dumb....foreal. LOL.

well i would agree on Ariza vs Melo cus Ariza was pretty good against Artest
Birdman gave alot of problems with Dirk and Dirk even admitted it and Dirk > Gasol
but its gonna be a good matchup i cant really predict who will be better yet until the first game
Nene is just too fuckin raw. bynum could be better if he steps it up but if he doesnt he will get pushed over

and with Kobe vs JR its just gonna be a shoot out between them im looking forward to see that

and Chauncey may not be the fastest point guard but from what i have seen he is the smartest
dude knows how to get away with an open 3 and if he does that, its money all day

its gonna be a great and close series

Now_Im_Not_Banned

no im being serious

i would of pulled for the Lakers if they could of done that but they took it all the way to game 7

like i have said before Lakers had their opportunity for a title last year and failed

WTF are you talking about? The Rockets are a tough, scrappy team who play team ball and thrive on defense and they presented a tough challenge...This same Rocket team won 22 games in a row last year. do you have any fucking idea what you're talking about? we handled the Nuggets this season. wow. I can tell you're just now getting back into basketball. LOL

yeah but Nuggets are better then the Rockets, and i think their D is better also...

Nene> Bynum

Chauncey is a better point guard than Brooks, but he will not present the Lakers as much of a match-up problem, because he doesnt have the foot-speed of Brooks and Fisher can actually defend him.

Ariza can defend Melo...he cant shut him down, of course, but he's one of the better swing defenders in the league.

Gasol will have problems with Birdman? are you serious? pretty sure it'll be the other way around, buddy. LOL

Nene is not greater than Bynum. when bynum plays his game, he's clearly better than Nene. in fact, even with Bynum put up better stats even through his injury plagued season.

i dont even wanna get into Kobe vs. JR Smith, cuz that's just dumb....foreal. LOL.

Birdman gave alot of problems with Dirk and Dirk even admitted it and Dirk > Gasol
but its gonna be a good matchup i cant really predict who will be better yet until the first game
Nene is just too fuckin raw. bynum could be better if he steps it up but if he doesnt he will get pushed over

and with Kobe vs JR its just gonna be a shoot out between them im looking forward to see that

and Chauncey may not be the fastest point guard but from what i have seen he is the smartest
dude knows how to get away with an open 3 and if he does that, its money all day

fair enough, but your nuggets in 5 prediction was beyond retarded...lol

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=218582.0

::) @ mild entertainment

lol,  thats because its the lakers u dumbfuck.

hands down celtics-bulls series was alot funner to watch and was a much better series. it kept you off your feet it had hundreads of lead changes and almost eveyr game was a back 2 back game.

and your saying the lakers-houston sereis was better what because out suspensions? and ejections? thats not what i look forward to because if anything that type of shit makes it whack i dont know your gonna say blood , injuries make a good series. because a good series to me is good basketball games your saying games that ended with 20 point lead is funner than ot games with buzzer beaters?

lol i doubt u even watched the series because i dont know anybody that would think lakers-houston series was better. shit was dissapointing as fuck and boring as fuck, either lakers lead by 40 or houston lead by 20, wit barely or no lead changes, yea thats a real "intense" game.

you gotta be kidding me. lol at the steve nash, lil weanie you said that hes done hes gone and he should be traded or retire ( some shit like that) yea hes not as good as before but hes a factor for the suns a very BIG one.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Kool Beenz

no im being serious

Nene> Bynum

true, but thats what i thought when you said Lakers would sweep Houston

anyways we will see whats up tomorrow

Kool Beenz

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=218582.0

::) @ mild entertainment

lol,  thats because its the lakers u dumbfuck.

hands down celtics-bulls series was alot funner to watch and was a much better series. it kept you off your feet it had hundreads of lead changes and almost eveyr game was a back 2 back game.

and your saying the lakers-houston sereis was better what because out suspensions? and ejections? thats not what i look forward to because if anything that type of shit makes it whack i dont know your gonna say blood , injuries make a good series. because a good series to me is good basketball games your saying games that ended with 20 point lead is funner than ot games with buzzer beaters?

lol i doubt u even watched the series because i dont know anybody that would think lakers-houston series was better. shit was dissapointing as fuck and boring as fuck, either lakers lead by 40 or houston lead by 20, wit barely or no lead changes, yea thats a real "intense" game.

you gotta be kidding me. lol at the steve nash, lil weanie you said that hes done hes gone and he should be traded or retire ( some shit like that) yea hes not as good as before but hes a factor for the suns a very BIG one.

nah Rockets Lakers were way better to watch cus it was unpredictable

when Ray Allen did the buzzer beaters we've seen that before... that is what Allen does that was predictable

and fuck a Steve Nash any fucking way... where are they now? NO WHERE

jeromechickenbone

Nugs in 6

Now_Im_Not_Banned

no im being serious

Nene> Bynum

true, but thats what i thought when you said Lakers would sweep Houston

anyways we will see whats up tomorrow

but Lakers sweeping the Rockets was widely speculated before Houston showed that much heart. Denver beating the Lakers in 5 is just moronic sounding at the moment...PeACe

Jaydc555

Nuggets in 6

Rick McCrank

this series will be easier than the one vs. Houston...not nearly as many match-up problems, so I say we take it in 5. we can even sweep 'em if we decide to show up for every game...PeACe

you're right.... but I think they'll continue to fuck around and it'll go 6

thisoneguy360

Lakers in 6, 5 if they can bring it the whole series. I think they'll match up better with Denver than Houston. Chauncey Billups is obviously a much better PG than Brooks but I don't think he'll overwhelm him with speed like Brooks did. Also, Shane Battier defends Kobe as well as anyone but still allowed him to get 25 + PPG, I don't see anyone on the Nuggets containing the Mamba.The Nuggets also like to play up tempo which I think will play right into the Lakers hands. The Lakers big men have been inconsistent but I think shit's finally starting to come together for them. If Bynum/Gasol/Odom can play well I don't see Martin/Nene/Birdman having any answer for them. Nuggets are full of talent but I don't see them giving LA an enormous challenge.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:41:16 PM by 360 »

OG Hack Wilson

the Nuggets have CARMELO - he'll nullify Kobe's scoring
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Lakers in 6, 5 if they can bring it the whole series. I think they'll match up better with Denver than Houston. Chauncey Billups is obviously a much better PG than Brooks but I don't think he'll overwhelm him with speed like Brooks did. Also, Shane Battier defends Kobe as well as anyone but still allowed him to get 25 + PPG, I don't see anyone on the Nuggets containing the Mamba.The Nuggets also like to play up tempo which I think will play right into the Lakers hands. The Lakers big men have been inconsistent but I think shit's finally starting to come together for them. If Bynum/Gasol/Odom can play well I don't see Martin/Nene/Birdman having any answer for them. Nuggets are full of talent but I don't see them giving LA an enormous challenge.
LOL. If the Nuggets want to run and gun, they'll be their own undoing. Gasol, Odom, and even Bynum to a certain degree have the speed and agility to run the floor. You want a good chance at beating the Lakers, make Gasol/Bynum/Odom bleed in the paint.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
I think the Nuggets have a good chance but my prediction is LA in 6

DIP DIP SET SET

Rick McCrank

the Nuggets have CARMELO - he'll nullify Kobe's scoring

that's if he shows up

guy has never played a good damn against the Lakers, let alone at Staples Center  :laugh:

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Lakers in 6.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!