Poll

Who will win the series?

Lakers
22 (66.7%)
Nuggets
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: May 26, 2009, 11:37:18 AM

Author Topic: 2009 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (65-17) vs Denver Nuggets (54-28)~ Round 3  (Read 5399 times)

"THE" MoSav

these are just 2 evenly matched teams. But game 7 Kobe will be the deciding factor

The Best of 3 Worlds

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
these are just 2 evenly matched teams. But game 7 Kobe will be the deciding factor

If Kobe is the deciding factor, the Lakers win, I think it comes down to the other 11 in forum blue. Can Gasol step up, can Odom keep saving bad plays like he did today, can Ariza keep up this overplaying his doing. If Kobe's play decided the Lakers fate, the Lakers would have had 2 titles since Shaq left. Kobe decides the game, the Lakers win, but it's everyone else.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Saying the Lakers beat themselves is a cop out, and completely disrespectful to a VERY good Denver team.  Right now, Denver is every bit as good as the Lakers....but i think Denver is more consistent right now.  Every losing team can say they beat themselves.

Ill say it again...and believe me, youll start to hear Laker fans say it at some point. Phil is overrated as a coach.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Saying the Lakers beat themselves is a cop out, and completely disrespectful to a VERY good Denver team.  Right now, Denver is every bit as good as the Lakers....but i think Denver is more consistent right now.  Every losing team can say they beat themselves.

Ill say it again...and believe me, youll start to hear Laker fans say it at some point. Phil is overrated as a coach.

when you win with Mike and Scottie, then Shaq and Kobe, but can't win otherwise, you might be right.

Denver is good, Melo is playing like everyone thought he would when he came into the league. His making himself one of the best players in the world today. But the bottom line is the Nuggets had NO 24 second clock violations, they played smart, the Lakers had at least 4 that I can think of in the second half. That's a mental break down, and in all but one Kobe didn't touch the ball, and the one time he touched the ball it was too throw up a shot that was an air ball. Phil Jackson is not installing basketball IQs into the rest of the team. In the fourth quarter, Shannon Brown instead of trying to find Kobe, drove to the basket for a lay up, not once, but twice, only to get rejected in the paint. That's when as the head coach, you pull your PG aside and tell him to distribute the ball 'cause you have the best closer in the game and he needs to ball to close. Yes the Nuggets are playing well but this game was the Lakers killing themselves. Hell, this kind of effort on the Lakers might have actually won them games against many other teams, they still played hard, and they hustled on every play. That beats the Rockets, the version of the Celtics that got eliminated, and it beats the Spurs. But it doesn't beat a Nugget team that's in the NBA conference finals for a reason. Phil needs to step up his coaching, 'cause his costing Kobe his chance at another title and Kobe only has at most 4 more years before it's too late.

wcsoldier

Let's stay realistic Lakers fans , Denver should have won Game 1 , we should have taken this one ...  there is nothing to cry about ..  of course it's very frustrated that we were not able to put Denver in a hole but there is nothing unfair about the series being tied ... I'm just disgusted by the horrible coaching ( and this happened this year on a regular basis) , I just cannot see how anybody can defend him because he has 9 rings ...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LAkers miss 3 straight ft's at the end of the game, that hurt us

Fisher is killing us....his shot selection is horrible and can't get the ball in to the post, and phil keeps playing him, Farmar & Brown played good but Phil keeps playing Fisher

I don't care if bynum had 2 lazy plays on defense to start the 2nd half, you don't bench him for the rest of the half.....what is phil thinking

and dumb ass luke leaving kleiza open for 3's....that also hurt us...

This is a hard loss to take, we should of won this game...

Jaydc555

And Denver should have won the first

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the nuggets deserve to lose game 1...it was pathetic how much love they were getting from the refs.

Jaydc555

So when Denver leads the whole game and then loses they deserve to lose but when the lakers lead the whole game and then lose they deserve to win?That's a response I expect from nik,not you.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lol@giving Fisher (worst player in the playoffs) the ball for the buzzer beating 3 at the end of the game. Does Phil even want to win at this point?  :laugh:
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Fisher made the clutchest shot in Game-1. A 3 pointer that gave us the lead.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Let's stay realistic Lakers fans , Denver should have won Game 1 , we should have taken this one ...  there is nothing to cry about ..  of course it's very frustrated that we were not able to put Denver in a hole but there is nothing unfair about the series being tied ... I'm just disgusted by the horrible coaching ( and this happened this year on a regular basis) , I just cannot see how anybody can defend him because he has 9 rings ...

exactly. If the Lakers beat themselves in game 2...then the Nuggets definetely beat themselves in game 1
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

go nuggets
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

lakers can win just as easy in den as in LA

The Best of 3 Worlds

OG Hack Wilson

lakers can win just as easy in den as in LA

denver has one home loss since February

good luck lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens