Author Topic: 50 Cent - OK, You're Right (Prod by Dr. Dre, Street Single Off BISD) (DIRTY-CDQ)  (Read 6190 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent - OK, You're Right (Prod by Dr. Dre) (CDQ)
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 10:33:46 AM »
Message to the haters: move on!
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 10:52:50 AM »
Message to the haters: move on!

Word. lol
 go bump lil booise or something why stick to this. we get ur point. u dont like it,

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2009, 10:58:26 AM »
the CDQ sounds mad good! 8)

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 10:59:09 AM »
good beat but surprising that the beat does not change up...must be a throw away for dre

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
dont like it at all

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »
This Beats so sick 8) Been stuck in my head all day

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2009, 12:34:16 PM »
Im anticipating the BISD the original single from a few months back was dope also.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2009, 12:42:05 PM »
MTV Article:

50 Cent Posts Dr. Dre-Produced 'OK, You're Right' OnlineStreet record will be on Fif's Before I Self Destruct.
By Shaheem Reid

50 Cent just dropped a street record from his upcoming Before I Self Destruct (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) album called "OK, You're Right" on ThisIs50.com.

"When they talk about me, they say I be trippin'," 50 teases on the sing-songy chorus. "What they say about me doesn't make me mad/ I think they hatin' 'cause they see me when I'm rollin'/ Man, I can't help it if they really doin' bad."

The song was produced by Dr. Dre. A couple of weeks ago, the G-Unit General posted a vlog shot in a luxurious studio with Dre and others. The two have been crafting new tracks for Before I Self Destruct, which is due sometime this year.

50 said going back in with Dre caused him to shelf most of his existing material in favor of working on new music. "It's about 30 percent of what I had when I felt like I was finished," Fif explained. "The production, Dre made a lot more of the music that's on the actual album now. I rewrote some concepts."

Tony Yayo told MTV News the album should be a classic.

"50 got some crack," Tony Yayo said. "50 got some unexplainable records. He's just waiting. The thing with 50, the n---a is addicted to being a perfectionist. He'll wait. He's not like these other n---as that gotta rush to make a album. 50's got millions. The average artist is rushing an album because they want that advance money. They gotta pay their bills. Nah, that n---a's good. He won't put out anything until sh--'s right. You already know when he's this quiet, he's got a master plan. He's got something up his sleeve."

Relatyed MTV Article:

Are Eminem And 50 Cent Touring Together This Summer? G-Unit's Lloyd Banks says 'there's conversations' about an Anger Management redux.
By Shaheem Reid

Are Eminem and 50 Cent touring together this summer? For now, fans can only hope — MTV News' requests to label reps for comment had not been answered at press time — but according to G-Unit member Lloyd Banks, there's been preliminary talk about possibly ramping up the Anger Management Tour again.

"I'm in and out the office, and there's conversations," Banks told MTV News recently. "I'm just as excited as the fans are. The first Anger Management Tour, I wasn't a part of."

Banks said that if Em and 50 do go out, he'll definitely be on the show with the rest of G-Unit.

Eminem was recently a guest on BBC's "Friday Night With Jonathan Ross," and he told the host that he hasn't solidified his touring plans yet.

"As far as touring, I haven't got that far to really figure it out yet. I haven't got that part," he said. "I'm kinda in album cycle right now and promoting. But we'll see how it goes."

Em has been back onstage in promotion of his new LP, Relapse (Aftermath/Interscope), which officially drops Tuesday. He performed on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on Friday, will rock the Kimmel stage again this week, and he announced a special free MySpace concert in Detroit on Tuesday night.

Em's new DJ, acclaimed producer the Alchemist, told Mixtape Daily that he really gets a charge out of seeing Em do the Relapse record "Underground."

"When I first heard [Relapse], that was the song I said, 'This is gonna shut mutha----ers up.' Straight up. It would not be an issue," Al said. "Nobody would be like, 'I didn't like this, I didn't like the flow.' ... When we perform that song, Em takes a spot on the stage, and that's it. He picks a spot and dumbs out. There's not a lot of moving.

"When we're rehearing the song, you know, 'This is gonna be something crazy.' He says, 'Turn the lights down,' they put the spotlight on Em, and it's just snap rap. In the current day and age, you don't hear songs like that. It doesn't seem like any of that other sh-- going on in the world or in the music industry was going on in his mind when he [made the song]. He was strictly into the craft. I don't think anybody is f---ing with that."

MTV.com
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:44:05 PM by Rebel »

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2009, 12:46:54 PM »
its a cool track but i like (get up & i get it in) better

Jome

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: 50 Cent - OK, You're Right (Prod by Dr. Dre) (DIRTY-CDQ)
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
this is mediocre  :P

aftermath killa!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »
the CDQ sounds mad good! 8)

Chrous in the background sounds ill! Looks like Jimmys gearing up for BISD already I like it

Matty

this is pretty good, epic sounding beat, but i prefer 'get up' out of all the recent 50 singles. they didn't push that song hard enough and the video was straight silly. quotables for the BISD album:

dawaun parker "they have no idea how good this records gonna be"

dre "we aint fuckin' around'

PLANT

sounds dope, beats bangin  :o  Dre is KILLING the beats man Im hyped for Detox!!!  oh ya 50 sounds good on there too!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
As I said I'm a fan of 50's work and thinks he gets a lot of unnecessary hate but here's a more critical perspective.

Those background vocals (the o-o-o-o-o-o-h-h-h's) remind me of Kanye West's oh's on Can't Tell Me Nothing. 

Track still feels skeleton.  I think 50 needs to hibernate for a while and not release any music similar to what Em did.  Stop leaking your shit, keep it on lock, and then feed us quickly and properly.  To me it looks bad when you keep switching up singles because they're not catching on with the public (Get Up, I Get It In)  Maybe it's time to move on, accept your position, and just do what you do or not.

Get Up would sound a lot doper with these drums.  Dre should rework that beat.

Some of the tracks Bishop has previewed still sound better then this - that is, more futuristic, complex - layered.  For example, It Hurts, while the drums don't sound as crisp and specific, the overall track sounds superior. 

I guess 50 is going for a barer, strip down sound of the drums, another instrument, and his vocals.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks