Author Topic: 50 Cent - OK, You're Right (Prod by Dr. Dre, Street Single Off BISD) (DIRTY-CDQ)  (Read 6185 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 has contract obligations; he has to release albums every 2 years, for 5 albums. He already has 3, now this + greatest hits and he's done. But yeah, after this he should definitely take like a 3 year break. It already seems like he's more into acting than rapping; I just don't see any reason for him to be motivated right now. With that being said I think BISD is gonna be a dope album; he's just too obsessed with singles, *cough* In Da Club which was a gift and a curse.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:27:52 PM by Meho »

Invincible

I actually prefer I Get It In. The beat gets boring after a while. Thanks for the cdq.

Matty

the drums on 'get up' were awesome as they were 8)

i would have loved that beat to have been built up more, the live version with electric guitars and other instruments going off on it was great 8)

beat wise - get up > i get it in > ok you're right

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller

i would have loved that beat to have been built up more, the live version with electric guitars and other instruments going off on it was great 8)

Great instrumentals / Unmotivated Artist
50 is almost rapping about the same content on all three.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I don't understand this argument.  What is he supposed to rap about?  The boy is rich, that's what he now knows.  Is he going to spit about acting, who'd take him serious?  Is he going to spit about his technical investments in vitamin water, who'd take him serious?  If he spits about his youth people say he's not living that lifestyle anymore and should spit about something else.   If he ain't spitting about this, what is he supposed to spit about?  He could provided more introspective tracks like Hate It or Love It or past relationships turned sour but beyond that what else can he say?

You really think the drums sound better? Weird. 
To me, the drums on Get Up sound machine produced while the drums on Okay, You're Right sound as if they were recorded from an instrument. 

Instrument > machine

The drum pattern - how it builds up as if you were walking up steps; the sound affects; and the contribution of keys on Get Up make the track sound complete or a full package compared to OK, You're Right.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Matty

nearly all the drums on 'get up' sound like live effects to me. the mixing is crazy 8)

the ones that aren't are the ones underneath that you can hear clearly in the intro. i'd bet that they were the original drums for the track from scott storch. dre obviously did his thing layering all the extra sounds over the top, completely transforming it...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:38:42 PM by Matty »

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller

I don't understand this argument.  What is he supposed to rap about?  The boy is rich, that's what he now knows.  Is he going to spit about acting, who'd take him serious?  Is he going to spit about his technical investments in vitamin water, who'd take him serious?  If he spits about his youth people say he's not living that lifestyle anymore and should spit about something else.   If he ain't spitting about this, what is he supposed to spit about?  He could provided more introspective tracks like Hate It or Love It or past relationships turned sour but beyond that what else can he say?

You really think the drums sound better? Weird. 
To me, the drums on Get Up sound machine produced while the drums on Okay, You're Right sound as if they were recorded from an instrument. 

Instrument > machine

The drum pattern - how it builds up as if you were walking up steps; the sound affects; and the contribution of keys on Get Up make the track sound complete or a full package compared to OK, You're Right.

Why not create a concept like Relapse? All I'm looking forward to from BISD is epic production with catchy hooks.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This beats meant to be simple tho, its a mainstream single which is meant to be catchy, the subject matter was a given although the lyrics coulda been better, but the flows 8) so im not really bothered, beats mad addictive lool

Personally This > Get Up (Noo replay value) > I Get It In (So mediocre imo plus i hate the drums)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
alot of rappers are rich, they dont have just rap about being rich though ::)

As for people who dont think this is all that, suddenly being called haters, thats so laughable.

For real, the beat, the best thing about it is the drum pattern and the effects in the background. The actual MAIN MELODY, the main skeleton of the beat, is so simple and repetive, its nothing special at all. Its 'dada-didi-' thats all it is. Its what dre was giving niggas who couldnt afford dre A beats a while back. Like i said, its got a heavy sound and i dont think its wack. But its nothing special at all. As for eminem souding good on this, i disagree, the beats to heavy for eminems voice. We already seen how off he sounds on a beat like crack a bottle(a beat/sample i dislike) but point is, 50s voice fits this and its much more suited for 50 than an eminem.

Its okay ..like i said, 3/5. 50 sound alive, but its the same track 3 times. get up, i get it in and now this. Get up was the best though but all three imo were fast food music.

pz

Matty

i can appreciate an argument for this being completely wack but as a street single which its presumably intended to be, its pretty good. even though beat wise its more basic than those other 2 singles, isn't terrible by any means. the hook is highly dodgy though...i really wonder what dre woulda been saying in the studio when they were making this - 'yo that ok, ok, ok shit is fire!' you'd of thought they could come up with somethng a bit better than that...

i wonder when the album will come out though...seems a bit early to be building it up as eminem has literally just come out.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What should he rap about?

I keep seeing folks saying what they think someone should rap about.  How about you rap about what you want to hear or just don't listen to that artist?  Go peep someone else.

Because really you know 50 came up like Common on that conscience tip and he was political like Immortal Technique and he dropped those scientific rhymes like Canibus.  50 is what he is.  He's just sticking to what he's always done.  Who's as rich as 50 besides Jay and Diddy?  Diddy doesn't write his own shit.  Jay fell back to spitting about drugs for American Gangster which I could give a fuck about because it was dope.  Everyone sticks to what they are.  No problem here.
- Banks

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
i really wonder what dre woulda been saying in the studio when they were making this - 'yo that ok, ok, ok shit is fire!'

lmao, thats pretty hilarious

Matty

Action! i'm surprised anybody would complain much about 50's lyrical content. i wouldn't of thought anyone really listened to him for his content, more his delivery/sound on records and ability to drop a few catchy rhymes. i know i don't really pay too much attention to what he's saying, it's all a bunch of nonsense really (post get rich and die trying anyway). that doesn't mean he can't make great records, but its always his delivery and flow matching the production that makes it, not the lyrics.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:19:53 PM by Matty »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Action! i'm surprised anybody would complain much about 50's lyrical content. i wouldn't of thought anyone really listened to him for his content, more his delivery/sound on records and ability to drop a few catchy rhymes. i know i don't really pay too much attention to what he's saying, it's all a bunch of nonsense really (post get rich and die trying anyway). that doesn't mean he can't make great records, but its always his delivery and flow matching the production that makes it, not the lyrics.

Basically, I guess, I think, that's my point said in another fashion. 
- Banks

Lucifuge

50 is not just rich,he's extra rich ;D

when i first hear sound's dope.but is meh..dont feel it..borning mega borning...Mulderfucker
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D