Author Topic: 50 Cent - OK, You're Right (Prod by Dr. Dre, Street Single Off BISD) (DIRTY-CDQ)  (Read 6188 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Average. And 50 Cent's album before Detox?!? Damn, no Detox in 09.  :grumpy:
lol i hope you stated that on purpose, because there never was a proper sign of Detox dropping in 2009

the CDQ sounds mad good! 8)

Chrous in the background sounds ill! Looks like Jimmys gearing up for BISD already I like it
yeah, that's why it was pushed back numerous times  :P
he even sent Dre in.

Relapse 2 will come first, as it's all that aftermath has left

Haha yeah thats true, but 50 needs to feed off Ems relapse hype, I hope it goes 50, then Em then Dres got more chance of dropping sooner than later
can you explain that to me?

i mean, do you think that commercial success for 50 cent and Eminem will stop Dre's paranoia?

Thats exactly what I think, all this positive receptiveness to Dres beats on Ems album can only serve to help Dre get back in that mode!

receiving positive feedback from other people in general, helps, so i hope that Dre can benefit from it.

though, if your theory is correct, then i think it's sad how much influence feedback has on the faith of Detox.

besides, what about the past?
i'm sure you can consider The Documentary & Cheers, for example, as albums that were used to test the waters.
Dre sold material that was once intended for Detox after all.

so how is it different now? Dre had more input on Relapse, but he put Detox to the side, to work on Eminem's album.
how many tests are needed?

there will always be people that don't like his sound.

Yeah but he sold his detox beats to Game etc, after he cancelled the album. Then after finding that new sound again maybe he was worried, I dunno. He's got one hell of a legacy to live up to, and if Detox doesn't drop in the next 18 months, it never will...
Detox will drop when Dre finds a method to control himself more.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Average. And 50 Cent's album before Detox?!? Damn, no Detox in 09.  :grumpy:
lol i hope you stated that on purpose, because there never was a proper sign of Detox dropping in 2009

the CDQ sounds mad good! 8)

Chrous in the background sounds ill! Looks like Jimmys gearing up for BISD already I like it
yeah, that's why it was pushed back numerous times  :P
he even sent Dre in.

Relapse 2 will come first, as it's all that aftermath has left

Haha yeah thats true, but 50 needs to feed off Ems relapse hype, I hope it goes 50, then Em then Dres got more chance of dropping sooner than later
can you explain that to me?

i mean, do you think that commercial success for 50 cent and Eminem will stop Dre's paranoia?

Thats exactly what I think, all this positive receptiveness to Dres beats on Ems album can only serve to help Dre get back in that mode!

receiving positive feedback from other people in general, helps, so i hope that Dre can benefit from it.

though, if your theory is correct, then i think it's sad how much influence feedback has on the faith of Detox.

besides, what about the past?
i'm sure you can consider The Documentary & Cheers, for example, as albums that were used to test the waters.
Dre sold material that was once intended for Detox after all.

so how is it different now? Dre had more input on Relapse, but he put Detox to the side, to work on Eminem's album.
how many tests are needed?

there will always be people that don't like his sound.

Yeah but he sold his detox beats to Game etc, after he cancelled the album. Then after finding that new sound again maybe he was worried, I dunno. He's got one hell of a legacy to live up to, and if Detox doesn't drop in the next 18 months, it never will...

Dre didn't "sell" any beats to Game. At the time, Game was signed to Aftermath/G-Unit/Interscope so all the Dre beats he recieved then were free. Anyone officially signed to Aftermath doesn't pay for Dre beats... Dre makes his money from the album's sales.

And not all the beats on "The Documentary" were made with DETOX in mind. The only one that was initially, was "Higher."

Same goes for:

"Get You Some" - Busta Rhymes
"OH" - Obie Trice
"Look Into My Eyes" - Obie Trice
"Outta Control Remix" - 50 Cent
"When It Rains, It Pours" - 50 Cent
"In Da Club" - 50 Cent
"No Stoppin' Carson" - Bishop Lamont
"Grow Up" - Bishop Lamont
"Boss's Life" - Snoop Dogg
"IMAGINE" - Snoop Dogg

On a related bit of trivia:

"Outta Control" was originally going to be a bonus song on "The Documentary" performed by Dr. Dre and The Game. It was supposed to address the whole VIBE Awards incident in '04. But was scrapped and the beat went to 50 for "The Massacre".

Also,

"Legend of Fall Offs" was originally called "Fell Off" and was meant for Eminem's ENCORE. Interscope wanted to rush ENCORE to the public so the song was never completed. When it was, it went to Busta for "The Big Bang".

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
WELL IMO its his best attempt at a commercial single and that song bangs for real
production is dope (for a commercial single)

yeah, but it didn't really blow up like he wants it too.

he probably will just drop "street single" after next until he makes one that just owns the radios & clubs.

JohnnyL

Thanks for sharing. +1 for the Dirty Version.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
"we made you" beat bangs harder then this

that beat was dope though. 8)

lyrically, it was the worst on the album; but i loved that beat. ;D

weak song/banging beat but when you hear just the instrumental it had potential to be a "whats the difference pt2" type track if the right rappers were on it and EM wasn't spitting for it like it was a single
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
"we made you" beat bangs harder then this

that beat was dope though. 8)

lyrically, it was the worst on the album; but i loved that beat. ;D

weak song/banging beat but when you hear just the instrumental it had potential to be a "whats the difference pt2" type track if the right rappers were on it and EM wasn't spitting for it like it was a single

My thoughts exactly...

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians