Author Topic: "Eminems Relapse wiill sell somewhere in the mid-630k range" HITS Daily Double  (Read 1151 times)

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
YOUR MEMORIAL DAY WEAKEND CHART PREVIEW: Let’s cut to the chase, kiddies, cuz we’re all so antsy to get the hell outta Dodge, and so are you. The big story, obviously, is Eminem, whose appeal remains strong enough to get him the year’s biggest debut at somewhere between 600k and 630k

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:17:25 AM by AdrianoDogg.com »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
500k on week 1 for a new Em album after 4 years of no new Em music = a flop

Even I, who predicted the album would bottom out at 2 platinum almost 3, expected it to debut with a million in the first week.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
where is it at right now?

almost a full day in of sales, i think he should have already outsold Rick Ross. :P

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

almost a full day in of sales, i think he should have already outsold Rick Ross. :P

I read on another thread at Best Buy alone it sold around 133k already.

Lunatic

Good #s, but I did expect more
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I read on another thread at Best Buy alone it sold around 133k already.

it's hitting a milli first week, just watch.

Jaydc555

LOL it hasn't even been a full day since its been out and people are talking about numbers

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Surely this cannot be true? Interscope i expect if they read this will quickly purchase a 100-200k extra copies!  ;D

Seriously, i expect dude to be coming close to a million first week. If dude sells anything under 700k first week = automatic flop, no other way around it.

By the way, i dont know how they can read into a whole weeks sales based off one days sales...give it a few more days like i said...we could get interscope suddenly shipping out a few hundred thousand in a day all of a sudden which could drastically change things!

pz

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Surely this cannot be true? Interscope i expect if they read this will quickly purchase a 100-200k extra copies!  ;D

Seriously, i expect dude to be coming close to a million first week. If dude sells anything under 700k first week = automatic flop, no other way around it.

By the way, i dont know how they can read into a whole weeks sales based off one days sales...give it a few more days like i said...we could get interscope suddenly shipping out a few hundred thousand in a day all of a sudden which could drastically change things!

pz

Well Hits makes estimates on sales. They are usually 10-20k within the the actual number of albums sold. But yeah I agree, they did not even say Wayne's was projected to sell a mill and it did.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Oh how the times have changed
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Matty

they have spent a shitload promoting this so i woulda thought less than a mill would be considered a failure from jimmy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
they have spent a shitload promoting this so i woulda thought less than a mill would be considered a failure from jimmy.

lol yeah, i saw like a 30 second commercial for it with scenes from "We Made You" on TBS.

you have to pay extra to get on stations like that lol.

OG Hack Wilson

to be honest im not hyped up about this release

id rather buy the Method and Red cd
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I assume this means things won't be looking good for Detox or the Reformation ... not that Bishop's stance role was looking good lately anyways but ... damn ...
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Im sure this will sell more than 500k. Like D-nice said, sometimes they make mistakes. If eminem sells only 500k, it'll be a flop considering the crazy promotion this has had. I can honestly say, this has had some of the ebst promotion ive seen in a minute for a hiphop act. I dont see it doing anything less than 700k. However if he does fail, hopefully they drop a different type of single for relapse 2 and go for a better vibe. They played loose yourself yesterday when i was out and i forgot how good that shit was.

pz