Author Topic: Do you guys think Rick Ross deserves to be in Hip Hop considering his past?  (Read 545 times)

thisoneguy360

If you asked me this 5 or 6 years ago I would've said no but with all the clowns in the game he fits right in.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
w.e not rep like bump his music then why u gotta be all technical and shit lol but ya if u blast his music like yo u shud know that he rapping about shit that are lies, i mean its like slim shady he raps about killing ppl in the weirdest ways its all fictional and shit but again, its fictional but its sick this niggas supposed gangster past is fictional   why? Because he was a C.O. officer

I just asked a question, you seem to be the one getting technical on everyone. Look me personally I got alot of shit going on, working 2 jobs amongst other things, so I really don't have time to do APB and background checks on the artists I listen to. I don't like the fact that he lied, true. I don't like posers that pose as gangsters or gang bangers either. At the end of the day what do you do about it? There were posers in the 90's too, Vanilla Ice comes to mind, hell even Ice Cube the great has been accused of it. So point being if ya want to be technical about it, then half of the rappers out you would not listen to anymore.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Anybody who paid money for his music should be sterilized

haha

I'm not a fan at all.  I could care less if he tells a story, just admit to your real life.  There ain't not shame working as a CO or being a cop.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

afgmafia

• 'G'
word i just want em to come at him hardd no homo lol

and are the rumors of game makin jokes of rick ross being a c.o. officer true cuz i was hoping i wud hear a diss track but i guess not cuz hes on cigar music 2 right? :S

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Can't stand the dude. Not because of the whole C.O. thing. I don't really give a fuck about that. His rapping just sucks, so many dope beats wasted on him..

kemizt

Kool Beenz

Gucci Mane made a 100,000 thou in his trap house

how is Rick ross gonna me 1,000,000 being a P.O. in his trap house?

Rick is full of shit and is whats killin hip hop

Chami, Game, and Fabulous is the future of hip hop

fuck joe budden and any east coast rappers besides from QBC and wu tang and New york

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
it aint that i want u to agree wit me its that ur opinions are liek sooo like fuk non hip hop lol truee hip hop fans know wat im talking about

first he lied about it

and then he told everyone he did it to feed his family

like yo hip hop in the 90's if u came up in the 90's and in the past u were a c.o. officer and now u a gangsta wit cigars out your mouth and shit do u think u wud be accepted **** outta here

but now wat u guys goin say u guys goin say o this aint 90's stop livin the past and try to diss me but this era is shit and hes part of it for u guys to bump a c.o. officer thats sad i mean **** he talking about livin like a gangster in his songs, but yo he didnt live like a gangster yet u support him cuz ooo his music is nicee fuck dat his music is lies wit great beats and he aint nice lyrically he aint shit he sent nas the usual suspects song wit his first verse got nas's verse on it den wrote his second verse, and he mentioned that it took him a long time to do the second verse cuz he had to keep up wit nas and nas styllll murdered him like yo dats sad if i get on a track wit nas and its my track and he lays his verse and i have till whenever to make a verse that keeps wit his and i do bad dat im sad like yo u guys reppin a fake just know that

i love it how people label all rappers as gangstas, their fucking celebrities for christ sake.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Cali Climate

Rap is music for and by stupid niggers, why are we complaining when one stupid nigger gets caught lying about one issue, instead of 15000 others... like for instance, mafia ties, criminal past, wealth, sexual history, etc...I love the one dimensionality of rap fanatics.

Nils

• Lil Geezy
In my opinion Ross didn't deserve to be in Hip Hop. Not because he is an former C.O., just because of the simple fact that he is FAKE. Hip-Hop is all about beeing real and coherent talking about real issues. If he would rap about walking through cellblocks in his uniform guarding real gang bangers there would be no problem. But this fat pig stole the identity of the original Freeway and didn't even acknowledge it in interviews. He's not from the streets, so Officer Ricky doesn't have to talk about things street niggas do.
The Real ricky Ross summed it up perfectly in the interview here on dubcnn.com:

"A street dude would never take another street dudes name and claim it as his own. You go in the streets to claim a name for yourself. So I told guys from jump that he had never sold drugs or been in the streets."

That's how it is!
"Ima shut faggots down, especially muthafuckas with that gay-ass production  new millenium homo sound"

afgmafia

• 'G'
Exatcly there are rules in hip hop thats just how it is
u guys dont see that because clearly u guys aint hip hop

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Exatcly there are rules in hip hop thats just how it is
u guys dont see that because clearly u guys aint hip hop

::)

U clearly don't know shit about Hip Hop and take Rick Ross' past way too seriously. Please log out.

I personally don't like Rick Ross' fake drugkingpin persona & the fact that he lied about his past after the picture was leaked. But I can admit that his album wasn't bad & I can listen to it.  He deserves to be in Hip Hop. I don't really care if he was a co, the worst part was when he kept saying that he wasn't in that picture.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
In my opinion Ross didn't deserve to be in Hip Hop. Not because he is an former C.O., just because of the simple fact that he is FAKE. Hip-Hop is all about beeing real and coherent talking about real issues. If he would rap about walking through cellblocks in his uniform guarding real gang bangers there would be no problem. But this fat pig stole the identity of the original Freeway and didn't even acknowledge it in interviews. He's not from the streets, so Officer Ricky doesn't have to talk about things street niggas do.

"A street dude would never take another street dudes name and claim it as his own. You go in the streets to claim a name for yourself. So I told guys from jump that he had never sold drugs or been in the streets."

That's how it is!

this 09, hiphop sold out years ago. i dont know how u guys didnt see this coming.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

afgmafia

• 'G'

That's how it is!

this 09, hiphop sold out years ago. i dont know how u guys didnt see this coming.

ok im glad u say that at least u understand hip hop is dead lol

but like i just dont understand how u guys can bump him yo his music aint good his beats are good and they aint even his the producer well produces them lol his music is his flow and lyrics on the beat but those suck so w.e man bump him ya'll dont kno hip hop

Dane

• 'G'
Nah, man, fuck that fat bitch.

WTF act like u some street hustler, while been a Cop, fuck off, even worse than Vanilla Ice.

What is this Youse a monkey anyway, sounds like a complete retard.

Or, I'm the Boss, fuck outta here with that shit.

I pray Em, would deliver a lyrical knockout to this bum

2euce 7even

smh

its just music. Hip-Hop isn't about being "real", its about storytellin, dope rhymes, and bumpin beats.

2/3 isnt bad

i see but i dont want a fuckin cop tellin me the "stories"..fake shit...