Author Topic: The element of rapping that most mainstream rappers aren't equipped with is...  (Read 12788 times)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn x i had to do it, another classic post

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts mor then getting the swine flu
haha  +1 for callin my shit classic...the words we say are more classic then the music he drops

BiggBoogaBiff

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts mor then getting the swine flu

Swine Flu shit is wack doggy but 4 a buncha white boys on a hip hop board u sure do like 2 stunt.  but i guess i have 2 dick ride tha old skool niggaz everytime 2 get respect around here.  only KRS and Guru know wat real hip hop is, and niggaz like Webbie and Gucci Mane are like the anti-christ.  lol, u win.  but if Jeezy sells more records then Mos Def (and there's more adults than kids in this world) then obviously he's not that bad of an artist (which SHOWS/PROVES people like him and not just kids).  Maybe the world is just to forward 4 y'all.  But i really am done tho, i've been talkin 2 tha same ppl 4 tha past hour, it's more of y'all than me on here.  it's like the Glee club and the Hall Moniter joined forces to try 2 take over the big bad bully on here, i swear it is... lol  Go outside someday.... and dont b afraid 2 dance sometime

i guess this is the only music we'll agree on
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 07:57:30 PM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
it is and thats why it goes in the classic line
and thats a understatement, cuz he doesnt even drop anything near good let alone
dope, fire, bangin OR CLASSIC

damn x i had to do it, another classic post

haha  +1 for callin my shit classic...the words we say are more classic then the music he drops
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

haha state your name gangsta?
you must be talkin bout the youtube master?

lol u wouldent kno good rap if it was right in front of your eyes...like it just was

of course lol.

90% of this board are fags who live OUTSIDE of the US, and tha last black person they saw was Barack Obama on TV so I know where y'all judgment/mindframes liy.  And 98% of this board is white, so that automatically gives my opinion on REAL Hip Hop music more leverage than y'all  fuck that equal shit.  I know some hood ass white boys, and y'all dont come across as them, so fuck u.  

1 of tha greatest Rap/Hip Hop records of ALL TIME, up there with the NWA records.  If u can't ride with that you have some more learning to do.... ghost

lmao I'm black and I'm saying your opinion on real hip hop is null and void. And it ain't got nothing to do with race its just your opinion sucks. Every fucking link you post proves that. I don't have a problem with you liking webbie or gucci mane, but there's a difference between good and popular, and you have no clue what that means. I'll admit, half the stuff I listen to is commercial. Some songs I listen to just because of the beat or because it sounds good. But I can tell the difference between a song I like just because it sounds good or a song that I like because the lyrics and flow impress me. Webbie and Gucci Mane are commercial rappers who can make a few hot songs but their lyrical ability is that of nursery rhymes. The way you go around trying to compare them to rappers like Nas or Mos Def makes me laugh.

Lets not forget you are the one who said Gucci Mane could make an album as good as Illmatic. I will take the opinion of all the whiteboys on this forum over yours any day of the week just for saying that.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha rapsodie wait til you read or if you ever read his other ideas/comments, damn
HE NEVER LEFT HIS BULLSHIT TO BE BACK ON IT
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

lol u wouldent kno good rap if it was right in front of your eyes...like it just was

of course lol.

90% of this board are fags who live OUTSIDE of the US, and tha last black person they saw was Barack Obama on TV so I know where y'all judgment/mindframes liy.  And 98% of this board is white, so that automatically gives my opinion on REAL Hip Hop music more leverage than y'all  fuck that equal shit.  I know some hood ass white boys, and y'all dont come across as them, so fuck u.  

1 of tha greatest Rap/Hip Hop records of ALL TIME, up there with the NWA records.  If u can't ride with that you have some more learning to do.... ghost

lmao I'm black and I'm saying your opinion on real hip hop is null and void. And it ain't got nothing to do with race its just your opinion sucks. Every fucking link you post proves that. I don't have a problem with you liking webbie or gucci mane, but there's a difference between good and popular, and you have no clue what that means. I'll admit, half the stuff I listen to is commercial. Some songs I listen to just because of the beat or because it sounds good. But I can tell the difference between a song I like just because it sounds good or a song that I like because the lyrics and flow impress me. Webbie and Gucci Mane are commercial rappers who can make a few hot songs but their lyrical ability is that of nursery rhymes. The way you go around trying to compare them to rappers like Nas or Mos Def makes me laugh.

Lets not forget you are the one who said Gucci Mane could make an album as good as Illmatic. I will take the opinion of all the whiteboys on this forum over yours any day of the week just for saying that.

well... i guess u speak 4 urself black man.  but if u like something dont be afraid 2 admit it bcuz ppl on here will go on you.  that's wat i got from your response here.  wat i highlighted makes u a hypocrite.  i dont care how u come back at it, if u like the music u like the music.  i think ur one of those geeks who over analyze and co-sign wats popular (good or bad).  dont try 2 downgrade it bcuz they dont rhyme every other word with some junglistic wordplay.  fuck it, u niggaz is geeked out on Illmatic and aint hip 2 tha times... so be it.  just dont go on raggin' about tha niggaz and then turn around and say u like some of they songs, that's ass backwards... really it iz.

and enyce, im always on that shit, that's why im so kool.... u nigga, u'z a bitch.  u cant call anybody out unless there's already a group and then u yell out "slaughterhoused" lmao wtf is that?  that's some elementary school shit boy, take them skinny jeans off boy, them women pants u got on.

Late as Fuck Guy

wayne got flow playboi. u heard the carter 3 yet

Triple OG Rapsodie

of course lol.

well... i guess u speak 4 urself black man.  but if u like something dont be afraid 2 admit it bcuz ppl on here will go on you.  that's wat i got from your response here.  wat i highlighted makes u a hypocrite.  i dont care how u come back at it, if u like the music u like the music.  i think ur one of those geeks who over analyze and co-sign wats popular (good or bad).  dont try 2 downgrade it bcuz they dont rhyme every other word with some junglistic wordplay.  fuck it, u niggaz is geeked out on Illmatic and aint hip 2 tha times... so be it.  just dont go on raggin' about tha niggaz and then turn around and say u like some of they songs, that's ass backwards... really it iz.

and enyce, im always on that shit, that's why im so kool.... u nigga, u'z a bitch.  u cant call anybody out unless there's already a group and then u yell out "slaughterhoused" lmao wtf is that?  that's some elementary school shit boy, take them skinny jeans off boy, them women pants u got on.

see I told you you would have no clue what I'm talking about. Nothing I said makes me a hypocrite. If you had basic reasoning ability you would know this. Let me give you an example. I like 50 Cent. But I wouldn't put him in my top 20 because he's an average lyricist who only makes songs about getting money, being a gangster and the rest of his songs are club songs made for women. I like Nas also. However, Nas IS in my top 20 because a lot of his wordplay impresses me and he touches on a wide subject matter. Comprende?

You need to go read a book on lyrics or something. Learn about the poetic elements. Learn about multi-syllable rhymes, internal rhymes, metaphors, similes, alliteration and all that good stuff. Learn examples of skilled versus easy rhymes. Then come back here and MAYBE people will start to take your opinion seriously.

BiggBoogaBiff

on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on ....

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Are you seriously trying to criticize Jay-Z's flow when dude has possibly the best flow in the game today? I think the people that claim to have a real knowledge of rap even though they obviously don't just say that shit to make their hating seem more valid. Jay has flow, and so does Mr. Mainstream himself, 50 Cent. Obviously 50's lyrics aren't hot, we all know that, so why does anybody listen to his shit? Because he flows dope as fuck. Flow isn't just about rhyming in time with the beat, in fact constantly doing that makes it sound boring, dudes have to switch it up. Flow is about rhyming over the beat with use of tempo and rhythmic candence, as well as adding in their own swagger. Jay-Z makes his voice like an instrument over the beat and his flow on some songs is insane. Are you also trying to tell me that "mainstream" rappers past and present from Biggie to Eminem don't have flow? Are you crazy? What mainstream rappers lack is lyricism and wordplay, not flow. In fact, most of them DO have flow, that's why the mainstream dig them, to sell a mainstream record you need a dope beat, hook and flow. To make an underground record you need to have flow and lyrics.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
And, while I think rappers owe it to themselves as humans to be responsible with what they spit and be honest - either tell your life story of admit you're just telling a story - I don't have a problem with the majority of the "mainstream" artists.  My problem is with the radio and them not reflecting the diversity and lyricism of hip-hop. 

There ain't no god damn reason why a jay rock single (all my life or lift me up) can't be played after a lil wayne single and there ain't no reason why Talib Kweli can't follow a Lil Wayne track.  It's all hip-hop in my book.  In fact I don't understand why the radio doesn't try to gather more of these markets with shows.  For example, every Tuesday evening and night can be the west coast g-funk hour and it can reflect that type of music and every Wednesday night can be underground regional cats and every Thursday can be international hip-hop from across the world.  Of course I'd rather have it spread out across the week and intertwined throughout the show instead of limiting it to one night.  The radio is fucked and consequently people think hip-hop is fucked because of that.  I can't sit here and say hip-hop is dead when all these youngings/quality artist/mcs are doing it for the love and releasing free music - Bishop Lamont, Stat Quo, Papoose, Saigon, Joell Ortiz, Charles Hamilton, Drake, Wale, Slaughtherhouse (crooked-i, joell ortiz, royce, budden). And, I'm not even limiting my perspective of hip-hop to them because Eminem, 50, Common, Kanye, Wayne, TI, Jay, Nas are all hip-hop as well.  Hell, even Mims and Soulja Boy is and if you don't think so how'd hip-hop get started?  Kool Herc breaking and trying to have a good time while the folks got down.  Dance music has always been a part of hip-hop.

In my opinion the people that sold out first were the djs.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
The thing is though, a lot of people can't appreciate other types of hip hop. After listening to Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liqour again last night, and realizing just how insane that album is lyrically, I searched on the boards and seen that a lot of people weren't feeling the album when it came out. Some people just don't know how to listen to hip hop properly, and they don't really want to hear tracks that don't have a banging beat or whatever, or tracks that they have to think about because it's laced with metaphors and wordplay. It's a damn shame, but it is what it is, and I think radio stations are scared to lose listeners by playing lyrical rap.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The thing is though, a lot of people can't appreciate other types of hip hop. After listening to Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liqour again last night, and realizing just how insane that album is lyrically, I searched on the boards and seen that a lot of people weren't feeling the album when it came out. Some people just don't know how to listen to hip hop properly, and they don't really want to hear tracks that don't have a banging beat or whatever, or tracks that they have to think about because it's laced with metaphors and wordplay. It's a damn shame, but it is what it is, and I think radio stations are scared to lose listeners by playing lyrical rap.

Can't appreciate?  There isn't any one way to listen to hip-hop.  There ain't not no proper way.  You're basically discrediting a lot of listeners. Everyone knows who tupac is and almost everyone's bumped him.  Hell, Biggie and Jay still get bumped.  I don't agree.  While us consumers are defintiely feeling danceable hip-hop a little bit more these days I think there's plenty of room to play different.  I do think you're limiting most listeners but that's me having faith in people.
- Banks

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Let's get real here. In the space of week I've seen people criticize Eminem's new album without mentioning how much he tore up the multi-sylablle rhyming, I've seen people say that Reasonable Doubt isn't a classic when anybody that listens to rap properly has got to give respect to the lyrics on that album and the same with Food and Liqour. There isn't one way to listen to rap, but there is definately a way to listen to lyrical rap, and if you're trying to tell me that everybody who listens to rap listens closely to the likes of Lupe Fiasco and Talib Kweli then you're being pretty naive, especially since plenty of rap fans have told me for a fact that they "can't be assed paying close attention to those lyrics".

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Let's get real here. In the space of week I've seen people criticize Eminem's new album without mentioning how much he tore up the multi-sylablle rhyming, I've seen people say that Reasonable Doubt isn't a classic when anybody that listens to rap properly has got to give respect to the lyrics on that album and the same with Food and Liqour. There isn't one way to listen to rap, but there is definately a way to listen to lyrical rap, and if you're trying to tell me that everybody who listens to rap listens closely to the likes of Lupe Fiasco and Talib Kweli then you're being pretty naive, especially since plenty of rap fans have told me for a fact that they "can't be assed paying close attention to those lyrics".

We're pretty much on the same page but I just give the people the benefit of doubt even if it means I'm being naive.  That's all.  I enjoy Relapse and believe Reasonable Doubt and Food & Liquor to be a classics.  Discussing the merits of classic and providing opinion is cool.  That's all they were saying in that other thread.  I think it's legitimate to question what's classic.

Personally, always staying conscience like Talib does get boring.  So I appreciate the nonsense rappers, some days my mind wants to shut down and take a vacation.
- Banks