Author Topic: The element of rapping that most mainstream rappers aren't equipped with is...  (Read 12790 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

what's missing is more black americans on boards like these.  i didn't know The Game was average and niggaz like Consequence were the only "real" MC's out there and anything that comes from tha south is wack (or has to be over analyzed and hated on/un hip hop if they dont come out rhyming like Kid Cudi).  that's what's missing, some of y'all have dry taste in rap and have a limited ear and reference point.  atleast when i say i dont like an artist i dont go on ranting and raving talking about how i feel and shit and i;ll give em they props... emo ass niggaz always gotta get tha last word lol.   but like i said... more americans and more blacks- that way we'll get a good overall balance and view of opinions, not just hate and dickriding from ppl that aren't even close to their favorite rappers turf.  

go head say what y'all wanna say, ur lame if u think going on somebody on tha internet gives u respect or credibility.  lol

http://www.myspace.com/wadzofficial  i guess this is the only version of Hip Hop worth saving huh?

and Game's name dropping is what makes him a Hip Hop classic.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:00:18 PM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

BiggBoogaBiff

not everybody is still talking about tha "hit maker" vs. "mc" battle like that anymore.  that shit is old, get your money or get your rank, simple as that.  even tha biggest hip hop heads i know are on that shit.  and niggaz BEEN stopped givin' a fuck about the TV and Radio... i thought y'all knew?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Game's flow is determined by which rapper he is trying to copy. :laugh:

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Game is one of the best vocalists because he, unlike so many other artists, can switch up his voice as in he can change how he sounds and consequently his flow.  I've heard Game spit from at least 5 different vocals and all of'em have been dope.   From his early Shyne days to his regular voice to his Dr.Dre voice to his Nas voice to his drunk voice and now his Rick Ross voice.  All of'em sound dope.

Name dropping is not classic.  Get off his nuts.  You're just a hyprocite who thinks they're taking a higher battle by stating irrelevant bullshit.  Radiotube, you're on a fucking message board. You realize that, right?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

jeromechickenbone

T.I. & Ludacris have the best flows outta mainstream popular rappers today

Off top, I can't disagree too much.  Luda absolutely rapes beats.  And I've spoken on TI enough, but there is no denyin he does have a very dope flow.  He knows how to ride a beat.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
if you concider Chamillionaire mainstream, their is no contest. ;) ;D 8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn i left for a couple of days and jay, cham, xzibit still slaughterin that youtube wack master
let him live (for a lil longer)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

im on a message board with people who think most of the world co-signs with 99% of the shit they think.  if hip hop was in a world like y'all imagine it is then the game would've been changed already.... years ago (EASILY).  no1 cares about y'all perticular opinions.  like i've said b4, this board is white foreigners who deep down on tha inside want Asher Roth to be the next Eminem or 2Pac and believe Ronald Reagan was tha greatest president in US History.  Real Hip Hop lives in the South (that's where it came from)... anything else is just a new rendition of what the (i hate this word) slaves used to do all tha time back in tha day.  who cares about wat i think Illmatic is (off of the facts) and who gives a shit that you think Young Joc isn't hot (numbers don't lie, and people still think Jordan is the greatest... for now).  Obviously he sells enuff records and has been maintaining a good name 4 tha past 4/5 years so obviously he's done something right and isn't that bad of a rapper. 

let's all attack RadioTube! bcuz the guy is always far left against what we think... i get it... y'all r tryna break me or put me in a bitchmade box... not gonna happen.  i speak 4 tha crowd that y'all speak against.  Tha only problem is that my army is bigger and more relevant today than your team is (and im not JUSt talking about the younger generation).  there's room for all sides of hip hop in this game... like my man Soulja said "why they hatin' on me"... i'll always be tha difference i guess and that's fine it's only like 15 of u crackers who post on here anyways... not a big deal.  u'll make like 2pages tryin 2 defend your shit and go on me but then when 1 of tha niggaz u hate on releases an album they always tend to sell more than your favorite rapper (which most have all about tha same promo, u can get anything on tha net these days). Not to mention they get more love from "the people" all over the world.

if you're still mad about how the industry carries shit then like my man Gucci say "go independent".  and like i say if u don't like the way shit sounds then do it ya god dam self and do it better. and im gonna send ur computer a fuckin' virus the nexx time some1 says that radio/tv bullshit.  stop being so cheap and buy an mp3 player and the music channel for your tv.  if any1 else says anymore shit about the industry politics and everything under that category im gonna send ur computer a fuckin virus.  buy this fuckin dvd so u can relate to another black guy and make urself feel like ur part of the hip hop culture y'all fuckers sound like this bitch on tha chorus get outta tha fuckin' lane if all u gonna do is complain.  u judge and hoe... enuff said
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:00:01 AM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

Triple OG Rapsodie

Quote from: rapsodie
The Game has that same, slow flow on almost every track, rarely switches it up.

Game is one of the best vocalists because he, unlike so many other artists, can switch up his voice as in he can change how he sounds and consequently his flow.  I've heard Game spit from at least 5 different vocals and all of'em have been dope.   From his early Shyne days to his regular voice to his Dr.Dre voice to his Nas voice to his drunk voice and now his Rick Ross voice.  All of'em sound dope.

Name dropping is not classic.  Get off his nuts.  You're just a hyprocite who thinks they're taking a higher battle by stating irrelevant bullshit.  Radiotube, you're on a fucking message board. You realize that, right?

exactly. Only time Game changes his flow is when he's copying someone else. Anyone can copy another rappers flow.

Triple OG Rapsodie

im on a message board with people who think most of the world co-signs with 99% of the shit they think.  if hip hop was in a world like y'all imagine it is then the game would've been changed already.... years ago (EASILY).  no1 cares about y'all perticular opinions.  like i've said b4, this board is white foreigners who deep down on tha inside want Asher Roth to be the next Eminem or 2Pac and believe Ronald Reagan was tha greatest president in US History.  Real Hip Hop lives in the South (that's where it came from)... anything else is just a new rendition of what the (i hate this word) slaves used to do all tha time back in tha day.  who cares about wat i think Illmatic is (off of the facts) and who gives a shit that you think Young Joc isn't hot (numbers don't lie, and people still think Jordan is the greatest... for now).  Obviously he sells enuff records and has been maintaining a good name 4 tha past 4/5 years so obviously he's done something right and isn't that bad of a rapper. 

let's all attack RadioTube! bcuz the guy is always far left against what we think... i get it... y'all r tryna break me or put me in a bitchmade box... not gonna happen.  i speak 4 tha crowd that y'all speak against.  Tha only problem is that my army is bigger and more relevant today than your team is (and im not JUSt talking about the younger generation).  there's room for all sides of hip hop in this game... like my man Soulja said "why they hatin' on me"... i'll always be tha difference i guess and that's fine it's only like 15 of u crackers who post on here anyways... not a big deal.  u'll make like 2pages tryin 2 defend your shit and go on me but then when 1 of tha niggaz u hate on releases an album they always tend to sell more than your favorite rapper (which most have all about tha same promo, u can get anything on tha net these days). Not to mention they get more love from "the people" all over the world.

if you're still mad about how the industry carries shit then like my man Gucci say "go independent".  and like i say if u don't like the way shit sounds then do it ya god dam self and do it better. and im gonna send ur computer a fuckin' virus the nexx time some1 says that radio/tv bullshit.  stop being so cheap and buy an mp3 player and the music channel for your tv.  if any1 else says anymore shit about the industry politics and everything under that category im gonna send ur computer a fuckin virus.  buy this fuckin dvd so u can relate to another black guy and make urself feel like ur part of the hip hop culture y'all fuckers sound like this bitch on tha chorus get outta tha fuckin' lane if all u gonna do is complain.  u judge and hoe... enuff said

lmao did you just say hip hop came from the south?

Stop trying to use sales to prove your favorite rappers aren't shitty. By your own logic Vanilla Ice, Kris Kross and MC Hammer are better rappers than anyone from the south. 

1 of tha niggaz u hate on releases an album they always tend to sell more than your favorite rapper

Not really. Actually they've sold less. I can use your own fucking point against you. Wu Tang has sold more albums then Lil Wayne (or anyone else you want to bring up) will probably ever sell in their entire career.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Radiotube is mad.   :o
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Big B

i agree. they also lack lyrics

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Great post jrome, i was going to make a post similar to yours but just a lil different.

I dont think FLOW is exactly the biggest problem in the game, i think its improvising your flow to a beat and still being creative with that flow. I hear the same flow on every beat these days, nooe listening to how teh beat works etc.

Sure hitting the drum at the end of the loop is still important but i feel rappers have moved on past that to trying to flow past it. like they hit the drum on 1-2-3 but then miss 4 to make the flow stand out and then hit 5 to make there words and flow stand out.

However i dont hear niggaz spitting like black rob did on whoa, like xzibit did back when he was younger, hell, i wont even mention snoop because dude has one of the best flows ever when he is on game.

So for me, its not exactly flow thats the problem, i think its improvising your flow to be creative with the beat and trying different things which has changed. I hear alot of generic flows these days. A cat like banks on his albums is a good example, dudes album were garbage because even though he could spit alot of nice multis, dude always had the same flow pretty much and was never saying shit.

As for cats with great flow...Ludacris is a serious cat when is comes to flow. Game has a dope flow, sure he does immitate greats when he flows but who doesnt. Eminem spits like pac alot but noone mentions it. 50 tries spitting like pac back in the day or then he went on to ll and then he went onto mase etc. So alot of rappers copy or are influenced by past rappers but game does have great vocal presense. His flow is not ALWAYS great but he does have great vocal presense and came come great on a beat.

But there are better, like luda, snoops flow when he is on fire is ridiculous, t.i...though im not the biggest fan got a nice flow. Nas' flow has always been slightly underrated. Xzibit...chamlillionaire, even jigga has his own unique energy/live music sounding flow.

Good read still jrome  8)

pz

BiggBoogaBiff

Great post jrome, i was going to make a post similar to yours but just a lil different.

I dont think FLOW is exactly the biggest problem in the game, i think its improvising your flow to a beat and still being creative with that flow. I hear the same flow on every beat these days, nooe listening to how teh beat works etc.

Sure hitting the drum at the end of the loop is still important but i feel rappers have moved on past that to trying to flow past it. like they hit the drum on 1-2-3 but then miss 4 to make the flow stand out and then hit 5 to make there words and flow stand out.

However i dont hear niggaz spitting like black rob did on whoa, like xzibit did back when he was younger, hell, i wont even mention snoop because dude has one of the best flows ever when he is on game.

So for me, its not exactly flow thats the problem, i think its improvising your flow to be creative with the beat and trying different things which has changed. I hear alot of generic flows these days. A cat like banks on his albums is a good example, dudes album were garbage because even though he could spit alot of nice multis, dude always had the same flow pretty much and was never saying shit.

As for cats with great flow...Ludacris is a serious cat when is comes to flow. Game has a dope flow, sure he does immitate greats when he flows but who doesnt. Eminem spits like pac alot but noone mentions it. 50 tries spitting like pac back in the day or then he went on to ll and then he went onto mase etc. So alot of rappers copy or are influenced by past rappers but game does have great vocal presense. His flow is not ALWAYS great but he does have great vocal presense and came come great on a beat.

But there are better, like luda, snoops flow when he is on fire is ridiculous, t.i...though im not the biggest fan got a nice flow. Nas' flow has always been slightly underrated. Xzibit...chamlillionaire, even jigga has his own unique energy/live music sounding flow.

Good read still jrome  8)

pz

there's only ever been in tha history of hip hop been a handful of rappers with unique/diverse/whatever-you're-trying-to-say flows.  what you're pretty much saying is that everybody from 81'-01' only had the most unique flows/swagger on the mic (from wat i know of your character).  so wat if a rapper talk flows on tha track, wat is they saying that counts, and half of tha time not even that (you can only do so many renditions of songs- conscience; whatever).  i just think you don't give anybody new a chance and that's cool, i'm like Jada i need to hear a bigger body of work to judge you b4 i call u 1 of tha greatest, which was wat i was saying about "illmatic" and it only have 9 songs but y'all refused to think thru about wat i was gettin at. 

it sounds like some of y'all over analyze this game way too much.  it ain't all technical, it's more all about tha feeling truely (even when it was just rapping on tha corner back in tha 70s/80s).  there's just a big misunderstanding/misconception about hip hop and music in general.  y'all r saying its about this and that (which is cool, have your opinion) but it's not really about that and that.  Hip Hop isn't missing anything but better/broader representation on the TV and Radio *but that's nothing*, other than that what more could u ask for?  you got tha history and the future in hip hop records (everything's covered as far as social commentary and "what's hip" for today) you got tha "arguments", you got tha stars, you got tha awards, you got diversity.  i think y'all don't even know wat ur talking about really.

and last as far as flow is concerned, back then Hip Hop was still in it's fresh/baby/expansion-growing stages- so you didn't really have a true base/foundation on what was shitty and what was gritty and what was gonna stand tha test of time) now it's just only matured and it has many genres in it's self but it's all tha same really.  so most of wat you hear nowadays is just as good, you gotta look past the mixing and the styles & accents & THE region and blogging and feel it for yourself.  Most of all you have to humble yourself, if you dont have that humbleness or understanding (if u kno wat i'm saying) you'll be listening to a modern day gem and be shitting on the shine.  when you're 80 years old trust me, you'll have expanded your mind by then, u'll fight me on that now but you'll fuck wit me on that in a few decades.  Hip Hop listeners were taught to be immature about the what is what of Hip Hop.

- the grown folks (30 and up) is trippin' off this song up here, i've heard about this so many times in tha clubs.  there's no way you can convince me otherwise (on how the people feel about today's game).  and plz refraim from the conscience/lyricism argument, that's played out and so untrue.

- people actually fuck with this song, and i aint mad at em and i cant blame em... i do 2 and i c y.  im not saying YOU have 2 but you can't deny greatness/success.

hip hop came from the slaves, that's tha facts and im stickin 2 it

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:26:45 PM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

BiggBoogaBiff

^ i keep adding to that post 100 times since i posted it lol and again 2
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:27:00 PM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »