Author Topic: The element of rapping that most mainstream rappers aren't equipped with is...  (Read 12794 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

^
^
I swear every post of yours is just an excuse for you to link to some shitty song. Did you read my last post at all? For the last time, success does not equal greatness. The success of an artist does not determine lyrical ability. By your retarded logic Vanilla Ice is better than any southern rapper, and Britney Spears is better than the entire hip hop genre.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
His last post wasn't that bad and wasn't really an excuse for posting shitty songs. When Radiotube expressed his opinion in a different fashion as in the last post I, for the most part, agree with him.  I don't think hip-hop isn't missing anything or at least I'm not convinced it's dead.  That's always been my stance.   I'd like to see it being represented better on the radio so the majority of people see the greatness of it instead of it being limited to club and gangster music.   But, thanks to the internet people can find these artists - if they're so willing.

I have a problem with mainstream media in general.  Part of that problem is it's representation of music which includes hip-hop but not limited to it.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

so most of wat you hear nowadays is just as good, you gotta look past the mixing and the styles & accents & THE region and blogging and feel it for yourself.

No one's talking about mixing or styles or accents. We're talking about skills.
Here's a sample from that song you linked too:

I got a question why they hatin on me,
I got a question why they hatin on me
I aint did nuthin to em, but count this money
And put my team on, now my whole clic stunnin
Boy wassup, yeeeea
Boy wassup, yeeeea

Those are rhymes my five year old nephew could write. If you honestly believe those are good lyrics then you shouldn't be commenting on this topic. Yeah a bunch of kids like that song. Yeah its getting spins. That doesn't make it GOOD. This is the only point I'm trying to make. I've got no problem with a kid like Soulja Boy selling records and making his money, but ignorant cats like radiotube run around trying to claim that he's good and that shit pisses me off.

BiggBoogaBiff

I'm not living in "Radio's World", this is Reality
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2009, 10:21:40 PM »
so most of wat you hear nowadays is just as good, you gotta look past the mixing and the styles & accents & THE region and blogging and feel it for yourself.

Boy wassup, yeeeea
Boy wassup, yeeeea

Those are rhymes my five year old nephew could write. If you honestly believe those are good lyrics then you shouldn't be commenting on this topic. Yeah a bunch of kids like that song. Yeah its getting spins. That doesn't make it GOOD. This is the only point I'm trying to make. I've got no problem with a kid like Soulja Boy selling records and making his money, but ignorant cats like radiotube run around trying to claim that he's good and that shit pisses me off.

Booger-snotsodie, stop looking for any old excuse to say whatever.  a debate on who has the best lyrical content is 1 thing but hate/saying dumb shit outchur mouth is another. if u live in the REAL WORLD, then you would already be aware adults of all ages/races/creeds like that song just as much as the kids do.  but u'r probably white, with a circle of people that's majority caucasian who don't really listen 2 rap like u or i do, and if u have any black friends they're probably 1 of those rock dudes.  but this ain't battle about who is the most street between me and u, that's irrelevant.  all im saying is who gives a fuck that in every song a rapper isn't rapping like Twista or spittin' bars like Cassidy or Eminem?  i think you're just looking for answers to questions that burn your little heart out or your looking for something 2 do.  y'all stay tryna pick a fight lol but it doesn't work, all i end up doing is educating people who share similar views as you (naive views).  im not tryna make a deep intellectual debate every single time we differ on opinon (which seems to be everytime btw, it can't just be me).  and last (for tonight and probably forever) like i said, that lyrical lyricism debate is dead... get limewire, get an iPod, better yet get on YouTube! or simmer thru myspace, you're bound 2 find the fresh new talent that you've never had.  stop dreaming and living off of that Hip Hop Is Dead CD, there's very few in your cult.  and "ice cream" by rae was some shit my 16 year old lil nigga from up tha street could make up, so kill that little kid shit.

let your collection from the 90's get some dust and pick up those albums and mixtapes from 2000-2009, you'll find classics and timeless music all day... tha realness.  tha past 9 years of Hip Hop can't be that bad and everything before that was better than everything today, you're just obviously not looking for it, it's not hard, atleast that's wat y'all/u make it look like.  (same goes 4 anybody)  you see Enyce bitch ass ain't in here talkin that dum shit, bitch hands probably too sticky to type and he tryna get them keys unstuck from all that xvideos.com shit he be lookin' at.  that bitch only jump in when everybody already knee deep.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:40:56 PM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

BiggBoogaBiff

^edited again

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: I'm not living in "Radio's World", this is Reality
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2009, 11:43:29 PM »

Boy wassup, yeeeea
Boy wassup, yeeeea

Booger-snotsodie, stop looking for any old excuse to say whatever.  a debate on who has the best lyrical content is 1 thing but hate/saying dumb shit outchur mouth is another. if u live in the REAL WORLD, then you would already be aware adults of all ages/races/creeds like that song just as much as the kids do.  but u'r probably white, with a circle of people that's majority caucasian who don't really listen 2 rap like u or i do, and if u have any black friends they're probably 1 of those rock dudes.  but this ain't battle about who is the most street between me and u, that's irrelevant.  all im saying is who gives a fuck that in every song a rapper isn't rapping like Twista or spittin' bars like Cassidy or Eminem?  i think you're just looking for answers to questions that burn your little heart out or your looking for something 2 do.  y'all stay tryna pick a fight lol but it doesn't work, all i end up doing is educating people who share similar views as you (naive views).  im not tryna make a deep intellectual debate every single time we differ on opinon (which seems to be everytime btw, it can't just be me).  and last (for tonight and probably forever) like i said, that lyrical lyricism debate is dead... get limewire, get an iPod, better yet get on YouTube! or simmer thru myspace, you're bound 2 find the fresh new talent that you've never had.  stop dreaming and living off of that Hip Hop Is Dead CD, there's very few in your cult.  and "ice cream" by rae was some shit my 16 year old lil nigga from up tha street could make up, so kill that little kid shit.

let your collection from the 90's get some dust and pick up those albums and mixtapes from 2000-2009, you'll find classics and timeless music all day... tha realness.  tha past 9 years of Hip Hop can't be that bad and everything before that was better than everything today, you're just obviously not looking for it, it's not hard, atleast that's wat y'all/u make it look like.  (same goes 4 anybody)  you see Enyce bitch ass ain't in here talkin that dum shit, bitch hands probably too sticky to type and he tryna get them keys unstuck from all that xvideos.com shit he be lookin' at.  that bitch only jump in when everybody already knee deep.

I already told you I'm black. And what the fuck does my race matter anyways? You think rappers like Soulja Boy are making music for black people? Funny you talk about the streets. Soulja Boy isn't from the streets. He's from the suburbs. He makes music for the suburban white kids. The same white people you say shouldn't be talking about hip hop. Yeah that's right, they're the reason he's hot right now.

For the record I've never said the 90s is better or worse than the music today. I've got mixtapes and albums from all eras of hip hop. There's tons of good rappers out today. Soulja Boy isn't one of them.

And grown folk don't bump Soulja Boy, get off his nuts. How would I know? Because I'm grown and I'm around them. You're not, no matter what you claim. I don't give a fuck how old you claim to be, I KNOW you're a 90s baby. No one older than that could be so ignorant. Plus you just said booger-snotsodie.

You make the most ignorant comments on here like Gucci Mane could make an illmatic, hip hop came from the south, etc. We get it, you like Southern dick. Must be that good old Southern hospitality you crave. Which brings up the question, why the fuck do you hang around here on a west coast forum, especially when not a single person here likes you or feels what you have to say? Do you like being a mark?

I only pick a fight with you when you say stupid shit. Is it my fault that you say stupid shit on almost every post? If you've got a problem with me go over to Entertainment and Gaming or Train of Thought cause I don't roll there. But don't give me any grief because I can back up my opinion and you can't.

Piece.

BiggBoogaBiff

^ You Lose!^ *in my super mario voice

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
While I don't listen to soulja boy or gucci man because I don't find them to be good or entertaining I can't say they're not hip-hop.  I mean this shit started off with kool herc breaking to have a good time.  People got down.  Hence, b-boys exist.  It's an essential element to hip-hop that most of this southern movement has focused back on.   I guess if we got technical the lack of breaks, sampling, and scratching could limit them for being classified as hip-hop.   

It's an interesting argument.  Don't let your feelings get caught up.
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

Who said Soulja Boy isn't hip hop? The kid's rhymes are weak is all i said. You gotta feel me on that.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who said Soulja Boy isn't hip hop? The kid's rhymes are weak is all i said. You gotta feel me on that.

No, man, we're on the same page when it comes to the quality of rapping.  I don't really think you and radiotube are arguing about the same thign.  If I may simplify the argument, Tube is just telling everyone to shut up and get over it because it's really easy to find those technically skilled rappers out there now and you don't have to rely on the radio.   Where as you are saying that the mainstream aren't the most powerful rappers or they're not even MC's.  Really I don't disagree with either of you because you both speak a truth. 

I still think the media has a responsibility to the public in its presentation of information from news to music.  If it were attempting to do its job at a high caliber we'd see the diversity of hip-hop.  And, this is where Radiotube would say it's irrelevant because we have the internet and if we the people really wanted to listen to the diversity of hip-hop the radio would adopt to the masses. 

At least that's what I think radiotube and you are arguing.
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

No, man, we're on the same page when it comes to the quality of rapping.  I don't really think you and radiotube are arguing about the same thign.  If I may simplify the argument, Tube is just telling everyone to shut up and get over it because it's really easy to find those technically skilled rappers out there now and you don't have to rely on the radio.   Where as you are saying that the mainstream aren't the most powerful rappers or they're not even MC's.  Really I don't disagree with either of you because you both speak a truth. 

I still think the media has a responsibility to the public in its presentation of information from news to music.  If it were attempting to do its job at a high caliber we'd see the diversity of hip-hop.  And, this is where Radiotube would say it's irrelevant because we have the internet and if we the people really wanted to listen to the diversity of hip-hop the radio would adopt to the masses. 

At least that's what I think radiotube and you are arguing.

Pretty much, but technically the Radio has adopted to the internet (with XM Radio, Serius, etc.).  And not to mention you can listen to Hip Hop radio stations from all over the world on the internet.  The internet has everything you need, and most (not all) people have access to tha internet.  Even in the middle of Watts they have a library with Internet access.  The stuff they play on TV/Radio is just for show, which is why every song sounds the same, that's the same thing that can be said for Country or Pop music or Rock music, Hip Hop is no different really.  I know on 92.3 in Baltimore they intertwine the old and the new on a daily basis.  But mainstream is mainstream big deal, why are people so concentrated on what's on the TV/Radio, you have a CD Player/mp3 player so what do u keep bitching for?  The Radio/TV music you hear is meant (on purpose) to make you dance/feel good, the days of immediate social commentary is over (that's what the Disc Jockey's/Personalities are for).  It's 2009 and the game has adapted.  Back before not everybody had access to the Web so the masses couldn't do what we do today (download music 4 free) so the radio/tv had to do everything to sell the product which was to satisfy everybody's taste, now with the game today the product pretty much sells it's self.  Artist sell mixtapes out the trunk and with the help of a street team (which is how they make their money).  they'll get a buzz out there with a catchy track to get people's attention and make moves (however they do) off of that, or make whatever's hot at the moment; even Papoose cashed in on the "hip hop is dead" theme in 07'/08'.  It's 2009 and people gotta stop bitchin' and slow down 4 a second and realize what's already on their plate.  Stop tryna come back with a counter argument bcuz i'm tellin u how the game is today and not how u think it should be.  You really are taking this shit too personality and handling it way too immature, you callin' me out there on some little kid shit just makes u look like a hypocrite everytime u respond.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:34:29 AM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who are you talking about?
- Banks

PLANT

when I think of Rappers with DOPE FLOW I think of shit like Slick Rick, some old school Snoop shit, or some old Bootcamp shit....those dudes flowed sick over beats.  All Redmans old shit from like Muddy Waters and shit, that was dope flow

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

BiggBoogaBiff

Who are you talking about?

i'm just speakin' on tha game brutha... i aint callin' nobody out, except that she thang in tha last part