Author Topic: Joe Budden & Method Man Call Into Power 105.1's The Ed Lover Morning Show  (Read 2308 times)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
well we are just gonna have to see a good hip hop rivalry between Meth and Joe

this is good for hip hop at least, this is what it needs

ill give Joe his props for bringing it back like this

real talk!!  Lets see 2 of the best go at it! This is what hip hop needs, fuck all this street cred, violence and money bullshit,  lets get back to 1 on 1 competitive battle!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:29:36 AM by S P I C E »

DIP DIP SET SET

double_a

• 'G'
ive heard Padded room i just finished listening to it and ill come up with 5 better rappers off the top of my head

Chamillionaire
Game
Fabolous
Eminem
Bizzy bone

thats cus i berly even like fabolous but i give him more props then budden as an MC
wow...em is the only one that can fuck with joey honestly

oh and he already bodied Game

my 2 cents

Yeah Eminem in his prime might very well win.  Game is a personal favorite of mine but lyrically he is average at best,  I just want to hear one song where he doesnt namedrop at least 5 other rappers.  With that said I am a big Game fan
your kidding right?not even today does he stand a chance against eminem im sure royce would vouch for that

i like joe budden and i agree he could outrap meth but...
when u disrespect a man dont be shocked when u get smacked
this isnt one of those movies like u got served

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think Budden spoke on some real shit when he said if you removed Method Man's name from and you placed the two of them today in front of each other Budden would be the victor.   

I think Method spoke on some real when he said Budden shouldn't be worried about some vibe list and should focus on stepping up his career - which in my opinion, that's what's Budden been doing since slaughterhouse.

All this nonsense about beating each other up over a difference of opinion on who could outrap each other is silly and on some immature shit when they could easily prove who's better by going at in the booth.  In fact if they did it properly, as in person, people would have more respect for both of them. 

Budden sure did provide the media some more room to stay on Method Man.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Okka

He hasn't dropped one solo album that is impressive in my opinion.

You never heard "Tical"?

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
He hasn't dropped one solo album that is impressive in my opinion.

You never heard "Tical"?

^^^ beat me to it

soulja85

• 'G'
Joe is the better battle rapper. Meth is alot better at making dope tracks. Joe should just sit down and leave meth alone, he didn't ask to be put on the list. Meth just needs to ignore buddens as he's being ignorant.

'EclipZe

what a douches, just give us tracks already lol.

JohnnyL

First off, thanks Hoodlum for posting this.  It was pretty interesting.

I have to agree that Ed Lover did a great job of being fair with these call-ins.  It seems like he really
tried to give both Meth and Budden a chance to say what they wanted to say.  But he didn't take sides.

When it comes to both these guys let me just say that I like both their music.  But I have to say it just doesn't seem
like there's enough room for both their egos.

I wholeheartedly agree with Joe Budden that if Vibe or anyone else is going to have a top MC's list, it should be based on
ability rather than album sales or anything like that.  And that list that was put together by Vibe was completely
ridiculous.

On the other hand, it's totally ridiculous for him to claim that the idea of him being the best out is an actual proveable
fact when someone's appeal is always going to be subjective.  I can totally agree with him that he's a great
MC.  And of the contemporary artists, he's one of the best.  But even that is still just my opinion.

In a way, I kind of lean toward siding with Method Man, just because the whole thing started with him minding
his own business and being called out.  I mean, Method even said himself that that Vibe list was ridiculous.
And I agree with Method Man that Joe Budden shouldn't have even payed attention to that list.  I don't know why anyone
would even be offended by a list that was so obviously flawed.

Okka

And I agree with Method Man that Joe Budden shouldn't have even payed attention to that list.  I don't know why anyone
would even be offended by a list that was so obviously flawed.

Yeah, that is true.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
im not attacking yall on for siding with Joe im just saying i dont understand how yall can think he is even close to the likes of Meth he isnt even considered a legend YET

and this aint about karma anyways i just noticed after i said fuck joe budden my karma dropped about 8 points lol

What does "legend status" have to do with skill?  NOTHING.  Eazy E has legend status.. 

OchoCinco

^you mean lol @ Method Man realizing he can't see Budden, so he wants to fight him in a physical battle. :laugh:

he's being a bitch.

Lol didnt Game clown on Budden?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^you mean lol @ Method Man realizing he can't see Budden, so he wants to fight him in a physical battle. :laugh:

he's being a bitch.

Lol didnt Game clown on Budden?

he did?

Game featured on Padded Room, i don't think they have any problems. ???

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Game went at Budden right when he signed with G-Unit and then Budden responded with "Game Over" and absolutely destroyed him.  Budden murked Game even worse then Yukmouth did, even Game would admit that he got slaughtered by Joey, it was no contest.

DIP DIP SET SET

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Game went at Budden right when he signed with G-Unit and then Budden responded with "Game Over" and absolutely destroyed him.  Budden murked Game even worse then Yukmouth did, even Game would admit that he got slaughtered by Joey, it was no contest.

No he wouldn't admit.

I don't know who really "won" but Game has never said that he lost the battle.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK

No he wouldn't admit.

I don't know who really "won" but Game has never said that he lost the battle.

I am a fan of both rappers obviously but I cant even call it a battle because it was so lopsided, Game has 1 hot line in his diss while Budden's diss was flawless

DIP DIP SET SET