Author Topic: Do I Dare Say....  (Read 312 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Do I Dare Say....
« on: May 20, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »

Kurupt & Quik > Kurupt & Daz

Yeah, I said it. Yeah, I know all about "Dogg Food", "Dillinger & Young Gotti", and everything else they've put out over the last 15 years or so. But right now, this is my feeling from a "group prospective.

June 9th - Time to support some good music again.

8)

Jaydc555

Re: Do I Dare Say....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:59:46 PM »
Theirs nothing to suggest this album will actually be good

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:52 PM »

So far you are right! Unless they put out some unreal music soon im passing on this project!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »
yeah but when i first heard bout this i was thinkin it was gon be some detox-ifyin, earth shatterin muzik. 
they've made some dope traxx but nuthin on the level of FIRE, and IMO they still can make FIRE

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »
I like both artists but they are both way past their prime and I don't expect much from this project.Of course the weirdos on this board call everything quik does amazing for some reason but everyones stuck in the 90s on this forum.

FreeMac

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
Y'all havent even heard the album and you saying you passing up on the project. Posting on a West Coast forum, and ain't bumping Kurupt and DJ Quik? The album will be the best from the West this year...might not be a classic, but they're doing this for the fans so appreciate that.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »
Y'all havent even heard the album and you saying you passing up on the project. Posting on a West Coast forum, and ain't bumping Kurupt and DJ Quik? The album will be the best from the West this year...might not be a classic, but they're doing this for the fans so appreciate that.

As I said in the other thread...Hip Hop has fallin off (ESPECIALLY West Coast Hip Hop) because of the fans.

But as much as it might seem silly to say the album wont be that good before it even drops, its just as silly to say "Quik and Kurupt > Daz and Kurupt" when Daz/ Kurupt have been proven as a group.  Personally, Quik is a FARRRRR better musician (all aspects) then Daz lol.  But Daz n Kurupt in the mid 90's was unfuckitable.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »
Quik is my favorite producer from the west hands down...even more so than dre because he actually produces, mixes and masters all his own shit. I think he's underated as rapper as well because to me he spits a lot of real shit. With that said I haven't been to impressed with the tracks that have leaked but sure Quik will have heat rock on the album and I will be picking this shit up.....But as far as music I've enjoyed Terrace Martin & Kurupt Collabos more.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »
yeah i was gon say the older kurupt/daz work is untouchable, but were not gon get that work again

As I said in the other thread...Hip Hop has fallin off (ESPECIALLY West Coast Hip Hop) because of the fans.

But as much as it might seem silly to say the album wont be that good before it even drops, its just as silly to say "Quik and Kurupt > Daz and Kurupt" when Daz/ Kurupt have been proven as a group.  Personally, Quik is a FARRRRR better musician (all aspects) then Daz lol.  But Daz n Kurupt in the mid 90's was unfuckitable.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 08:13:50 PM »
yeah i was gon say the older kurupt/daz work is untouchable, but were not gon get that work again

Naw we aint. But I think it would do the west better, for people not to look to the past so much yah know?  We spend so much time thinkin about what the West was...and not enough time thinkin about what it is.  We got some bonified talent out there right now...but we keep comparin it to the shit from the mid 90's. And thats an unfair comparison. Not necessarily cus the music was better back then, but because the time was different.  We were all younger, and probably looked at music different. The whole world was on that Westcoast shit, so u had the added excitement of knowin our shit was whats crackin...there are a whole lotta factors involved other then the quality of the music yah know...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 09:31:21 PM »
I think people are doing way too much on both sides. The album hasn't been released yet, let alone been out long enough to get a real feeling on it. People are so quick to either overhype or just plain hate on something.

acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »
Ain't no way in hell this album will be better than Dogg Food.  I don't care if I haven't heard it.  I would sell everything I have and also bet on margin that this album doesn't even come close to dogg food.

Will it be good for today's standards in music?  Probably, but that isn't saying much.