Author Topic: Wish Bone Says 9/11 Prompted Album Delays  (Read 235 times)

Myrealname

Wish Bone Says 9/11 Prompted Album Delays
« on: October 15, 2002, 11:17:56 AM »
 Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's fourth studio album, Thug World Order, due out on October 29, was scheduled to be released last spring, but was rescheduled several times. The album was delayed because the group needed to rework lyrics deemed to be too controversial in light of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, according to member Wish Bone.

"Basically we had a lot of controversial things on there that some people did not want us to say because of the 9/11 incident," Wish Bone told LAUNCH. "We just had to go in and tweak a couple things, that's all."

In particular, the group's verbal attacks on various law enforcement agencies prompted the concern from label executives. "We was like, 'f--k the police, the FBI,' All of that sh-t," Wish Bone said.

The group agreed to adjust their lyrics to avoid offending fans affected by the tragic events that involved the destruction of New York's Twin Towers, damages to the Pentagon, and the loss of the lives of thousands of innocent people. "We don't want to hurt nobody feelings, and [have them] take it the wrong way because we're not just like the average rap group," Wish Bone said. "We got fans that are in high places. In a way it was a good business move, but the way we did it, we still get our message off. We're saying the same thing, just not as boldly."

Sikotic™

Re:Wish Bone Says 9/11 Prompted Album Delays
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 09:28:11 PM »
I'm just glad the album finally drops.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 04:46:44 PM »
yes we need this album, the fans deserve to hear a new album after all that they had to go through....who knows when we'll ever hear some new bone again after this...

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 10:15:17 AM »
What a liar.....

I heard it was delayed coz of Wish's eating problem......

;D