Author Topic: Kurupt-Against Tha Grain OG Cover?  (Read 2168 times)

kuruptlon

Re: Kurupt-Against Tha Grain OG Cover?
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 08:59:12 AM »
The original tracklist is tight, but I don't think two versions of "One Things Fa Sho" is necessary.

Yeah.  I'm tryin' to put together my own mix of the album, combining the FTP version and the Koch version.  And I'm thinkin' about throwin' on that "Frontline" track from the "SHTTBG," bootleg and changing the track with Pac to the version that just leaked.  But some of the songs are going to have to go because it's waaaaaaay too long to fit on a cd.  I already cut "I'm Back."  And that "One Thing's Fa Sho Reprise" will probably be the next to get the axe.  I kinda want to keep that "Calico" track on there though, even though it wasn't on the original tracklist.  That's one of my favorite songs on the album.

do it up johnny

MarshColin

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »
Can someone download/reup this or share the link please?

http://www.bayontop.com/f8/kurupt-young-gotti-against-grain-2002-vbr-56580/

I'm a member on the forum but still waiting for link access.

I assume since this is pretty much a bootleg that it is ok to post the link? If not then remove it mods.

http://rapidshare.com/files/179000626/Kurupt_-_Young_Gotti_Against_The_Grain-2002.rar

Will_B

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »
Thnx. Link was dead anyway!! :(

EFFeX

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
The original tracklist is tight, but I don't think two versions of "One Things Fa Sho" is necessary.

Yeah.  I'm tryin' to put together my own mix of the album, combining the FTP version and the Koch version.  And I'm thinkin' about throwin' on that "Frontline" track from the "SHTTBG," bootleg and changing the track with Pac to the version that just leaked.  But some of the songs are going to have to go because it's waaaaaaay too long to fit on a cd.  I already cut "I'm Back."  And that "One Thing's Fa Sho Reprise" will probably be the next to get the axe.  I kinda want to keep that "Calico" track on there though, even though it wasn't on the original tracklist.  That's one of my favorite songs on the album.

Yeah "Calico" is actually a Dayton Family song and "You Fuckin With The Best" is a Bang Em Smurf & Domination track.

JohnnyL

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »

Yeah "Calico" is actually a Dayton Family song and "You Fuckin With The Best" is a Bang Em Smurf & Domination track.

Yeah.  I remember someone saying it was on their album too.  I think Koch was just sort of scrambling to find songs to replace the "controversial" ones that Kurupt objected to including.

EFFeX

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »

Yeah.  I remember someone saying it was on their album too.  I think Koch was just sort of scrambling to find songs to replace the "controversial" ones that Kurupt objected to including.

Pretty much. Although I'm happy they added those songs, because I really like both of them.

I got to be honest "Against The Grain" really is a solid release, I was really impressed with it when it dropped.

JohnnyL

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »

Pretty much. Although I'm happy they added those songs, because I really like both of them.

I got to be honest "Against The Grain" really is a solid release, I was really impressed with it when it dropped.

I agree.  Although if you look at the track lists from both the Koch release and the FTP version, I think there are songs that could stand to be cut from both of them.  There's also some really tight songs on both of them. 

EFFeX

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »

I agree.  Although if you look at the track lists from both the Koch release and the FTP version, I think there are songs that could stand to be cut from both of them.  There's also some really tight songs on both of them. 

Yeah I still haven't mixed my own version down, I just been too lazy.

Are there better quality cuts of the FTP floating around than the 160kbps ones?

JohnnyL

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 12:21:39 PM »

Not sure, to be honest.

EFFeX

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »

Not sure, to be honest.

Yeah, cause I didn't buy that from FTP, I just knew about the one that was leaked and didn't know if a better ever dropped.

Big B

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009, 01:57:52 PM »
heres a good version of F.T.P.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMLkPmhvv18" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vMLkPmhvv18</a>