Author Topic: Is this u or is this your kid?  (Read 831 times)

ToNe1904

Re:Is this u or is this your kid?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2002, 04:01:10 PM »
Alright, I did the math.

According to the 1997 u.s. census, there are

219,656,000 White people in America

Counting Blacks, Hispanics, and other minorities, there are

76,176,000 Minorities in America...

Now, there are

24,650,000 Whites defined as below the poverty level, as opposed to

20,576,000 Minorities below the poverty level.  

So, there's certainly more poor white people than all other races combined, even though the percentage of poor white people on a whole is a lot lower than other minorities.  Hispanics have the highest percentage of people under the poverty level, with blacks a close second. 32 percent of all hispanic women in america are living below the poverty level.  

I was wrong about the "rural poor" though.  44% of all poor 'country' people, are black.  So that means, anyway you look at it, that all those poor white people, a majority of them live in the city, making poor white people in urban areas outnumbering poor black people in urban areas.  

yur going by numbers and not percentages. Of course theres MORE "poor" white people, theres MORE white people in tha US by far. But, then why is it that tha mainly poor, inner-city, crime infested areas are majority black, hispanic, and otha minority neighborhoods? U cant argue against that. Drive around ANY major city in the US and youll know. Not to mention, yur not even measuring the level of poverty. I guarentee u that tha average income for ANY minority group is far less then the average income of white people. Thats just obvious. Now, maybe if u grew up poor...then u had it tough...whateva. But u cant try n discount what im aying because of yur own, personal experience that really doesnt reflect the make-up of tha country. Sure, ive known poor white people, poor black people, poor asians, poor hispanics. BUT, it fukin disgusts me tha way u can drive from one neighborhood to tha next...and go from a majority white neighborhood, and see nothing but nice big houses, pretty grass lawns, schools that look like colleges, and nice cars....only then to turn into a neighborhood filled with minorities n see homeless people everywhere, broken down buildings, poor schools, racists police, gun shops n liquor stores everywhere....and so on. Nobody is better then anyone else, yet minorities are doing the worst...welcome to America. Back to the guns tho, i understand where Seer is coming from with what hes sayin n all. But yah, England and the US are very different countries. And unfortunately the race thing does play a big factor out here. If the country was purely white people...then the poor...would just be...the poor. But tha way the US is, the poor equates to minorities n minority neighborhoods.

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2002, 04:26:06 PM »
Alright, I did the math.

According to the 1997 u.s. census, there are

219,656,000 White people in America

Counting Blacks, Hispanics, and other minorities, there are

76,176,000 Minorities in America...

Now, there are

24,650,000 Whites defined as below the poverty level, as opposed to

20,576,000 Minorities below the poverty level.  

So, there's certainly more poor white people than all other races combined, even though the percentage of poor white people on a whole is a lot lower than other minorities.  Hispanics have the highest percentage of people under the poverty level, with blacks a close second. 32 percent of all hispanic women in america are living below the poverty level.  

I was wrong about the "rural poor" though.  44% of all poor 'country' people, are black.  So that means, anyway you look at it, that all those poor white people, a majority of them live in the city, making poor white people in urban areas outnumbering poor black people in urban areas.  

yur going by numbers and not percentages. Of course theres MORE "poor" white people, theres MORE white people in tha US by far. But, then why is it that tha mainly poor, inner-city, crime infested areas are majority black, hispanic, and otha minority neighborhoods? U cant argue against that. Drive around ANY major city in the US and youll know. Not to mention, yur not even measuring the level of poverty. I guarentee u that tha average income for ANY minority group is far less then the average income of white people. Thats just obvious. Now, maybe if u grew up poor...then u had it tough...whateva. But u cant try n discount what im aying because of yur own, personal experience that really doesnt reflect the make-up of tha country. Sure, ive known poor white people, poor black people, poor asians, poor hispanics. BUT, it fukin disgusts me tha way u can drive from one neighborhood to tha next...and go from a majority white neighborhood, and see nothing but nice big houses, pretty grass lawns, schools that look like colleges, and nice cars....only then to turn into a neighborhood filled with minorities n see homeless people everywhere, broken down buildings, poor schools, racists police, gun shops n liquor stores everywhere....and so on. Nobody is better then anyone else, yet minorities are doing the worst...welcome to America. Back to the guns tho, i understand where Seer is coming from with what hes sayin n all. But yah, England and the US are very different countries. And unfortunately the race thing does play a big factor out here. If the country was purely white people...then the poor...would just be...the poor. But tha way the US is, the poor equates to minorities n minority neighborhoods.

I agree
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

budsmokeronly

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2002, 06:16:44 PM »
it's not guns that kill people, it is people who kill people.  Outlawing guns is not going to solve the problem.  People will come up with new ways to kill people, or just use other methods.  It was not the guns that killed all those innocent victims in the colombine situation.  It was two fucked up individuals.  I love to shoot guns and I think it is fun.  I am not about to go out and shoot somebody though.  No offense to the people who knew someone who was killed by a gun from russian rollette, and I am sorry that happened, but people need to take responsibility for their actions.  There is no fucking excuse for that, it is just straight up stupid.  Anyone in their right mind would never play russian rollette.  What do you benefit from it?  Absolutely nothing.  I wouldn't play one round for $10 million.

ToNe1904

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2002, 03:39:05 AM »
it's not guns that kill people, it is people who kill people.  Outlawing guns is not going to solve the problem.  People will come up with new ways to kill people, or just use other methods.  It was not the guns that killed all those innocent victims in the colombine situation.  It was two fucked up individuals.  I love to shoot guns and I think it is fun.  I am not about to go out and shoot somebody though.  No offense to the people who knew someone who was killed by a gun from russian rollette, and I am sorry that happened, but people need to take responsibility for their actions.  There is no fucking excuse for that, it is just straight up stupid.  Anyone in their right mind would never play russian rollette.  What do you benefit from it?  Absolutely nothing.  I wouldn't play one round for $10 million.

^yah real shit, i dont feel sorry for people who bring shit to themselves. If u commit suicide, then u chose to. Why feel sorry for em? Wouldnt u feel MORE sorry for sum1 who WANTS to die, but cant? lol. People look for sympathy way too much these dayz. I mean, i feel sorry for people who deal with shit they cant control, or have no control over being placed in a certain situation. But if yur sum dumbass bored muthafucka playin a stupid game....i could give a shit if u kill yahself lol.

ChildOfMuthaNature

• 'G'
  • Nature's Child
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2002, 05:42:07 PM »
lmao... good point tone ;D