Author Topic: Is this u or is this your kid?  (Read 808 times)

ChildOfMuthaNature

• 'G'
  • Nature's Child
Is this u or is this your kid?
« on: October 15, 2002, 07:18:53 PM »

put your guns far from your kids please.... fa real man.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Is this u or is this your kid?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 10:54:31 PM »
I had a friend named Evan who died 'cause a girl got her mom's gun and shot him. He was only 14, she was 12. I heard about it in the news of all places. Please put your guns up.

S.G.V.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 11:47:40 PM »
this is some real shit...my uncle got killed at 17 playin russian roulet...down in honduras...and just two years ago...my then 13 year old second cousin got locked up for murder cuz him n his 3 homies went to my cousins(his uncle) house...got drunk...played somewhat of a game that is similar to russian roulet...long story short...one of them got shot...and instead of callin the ambulance they threw the guy behind a wall and left him to die...i heard my cuzzo is gettin out soon...if he does he does...he should stay in jail...them honduran jails aint shit to fuck wit...i seen them when i visited him...lots of l.a. cats down there....but guns need not be in the hands of foolish people.....

ToNe1904

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 03:27:21 AM »
real shit man.

Tha shit iz sumtimez much bigga then this tho. I mean, suburb kidz stumble across or maybe even find their parents gunz in tha closet. Kidz in tha inner-city, get exposed to tha shit off tha bat...very hard for parents to keep gunz away frum they kidz...when gunz are all ova tha neighborhood. Fuked up situation...

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 04:12:04 AM »
Wouldn't just be easier to outlaw guns? like in the rest of the civilised world.
(yes they still exist, but they pose nowhere near as big a problem)

seems to me....

1) criminals use guns because they're easy to get hold of
2) people want guns to protect them from the criminals (right to bear arms)

Get rid of  '1' people dont need '2', just a baseball bat :)

ToNe1904

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2002, 04:25:48 AM »
Wouldn't just be easier to outlaw guns? like in the rest of the civilised world.
(yes they still exist, but they pose nowhere near as big a problem)

seems to me....

1) criminals use guns because they're easy to get hold of
2) people want guns to protect them from the criminals (right to bear arms)

Get rid of  '1' people dont need '2', just a baseball bat :)

not always so easy to just completely change something thats been in tha constitution for so long. Not to mention, anyone who lives in America knows...outlawing something, does nothing to stop it from existing. Drugs are illegal, they are EVERYwhere. In SD...they sell drugz in front of tha county jail lol. Not to mention, remember...this IS america. And as long as politicians are controlled by lobbyists...there will never be a ban on gunz, ciggarettes, liquor...or any such thingz. They arent concerned with lives, theyre concerned with money...

ChildOfMuthaNature

• 'G'
  • Nature's Child
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2002, 04:30:05 AM »
i feel u on that seer... i don't own a gun and feel no need for one  even though i've been held at gun point before in a home invasion. :-\

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2002, 04:33:07 AM »
Its not just america thats like that, the rest of the world is too... criminals here use guns too.. but only the hardcore because the shits not readily available.
Drugs are avalilable here too, but we dont have much crack or crystal meth yet, they are here... the rest have been here since forever. remember where extasy came from... germany... who popularised it? the english.

Here's another angle for you....

Who cares if criminals use guns? eventually the criminal class will just wipe itself out right? what areas have the most gun related crimes? and murders? bet they're not affluent neighborhoods? its a way of self policing... or oppressing the poor.... if they try to 'come up' through crime they have to expose themselves to possibily getting murdered or incarcerated... its uncle sam's curse ;) (yeah i listen to the album twice a week.. lol)

damn held up... scary shit!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 04:35:43 AM by Overseer »

ToNe1904

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2002, 04:50:42 AM »
Its not just america thats like that, the rest of the world is too... criminals here use guns too.. but only the hardcore because the shits not readily available.
Drugs are avalilable here too, but we dont have much crack or crystal meth yet, they are here... the rest have been here since forever. remember where extasy came from... germany... who popularised it? the english.

Who cares if criminals use guns? eventually the criminal class will just wipe itself out right? what areas have the most gun related crimes? and murders? bet they're not affluent neighborhoods? its a way of self policing... or oppressing the poor.... if they try to 'come up' through crime they have to expose themselves to possibily getting murdered or incarcerated... its uncle sam's curse ;) (yeah i listen to the album twice a week.. lol)

i know its not just america with gun problems, but i live in America...n i thought u were reffering to us with the "right to bear arms" statement.

As for yur other angle, thats not even takin a proactive aproach to it. I mean, let tha criminals kill themselves?? I dont know how England is structured, but here...the poor neighborhoodz (for tha most part) are mainly minority neighborhoodz. People who have been dealt a certain hand, mostly because of our own governments past racist acts. Now, MOST of the people in the poor neighborhoodz are NOT criminals...they are simply trying to make it out of the ghetto. So, rather then the government taking action to get rid of guns on the streets...they should jus allow all tha innocent poor people to suffer through more danger...by allowing criminals to kill themselvez...and others in the process? I am a very big believer in tha idea that...crime doesnt bring poverty, but poverty does bring crime. People in desperate situations do desperate things. If sum 8 yr old white kid from tha suburb, finds his dads gun in tha closet..and accidentally shootz his friend when playing with it...itz top story on the evening news. However, if an 8 yr old black, hispanic...or whatever minority u pick...gets shot because they were an innocent bystander in a park somewhere...nobody gives a shit. I know im strayin off subject here, but real shit...i dont give a fuk about tha .01% of kidz in tha suburbz who HAPPEN to stumble across theyre parents gun...u know what, thats their parents fault! i feel sorry for tha kid...but shit happens. Im tired of tha bullshit. In tha hood, kidz are exposed tah gunz right off tha bat...how bout we try n stop THAT shit?! Yes people gotta take responsibility...but the example of tha parents gun in tha closet, shows that. The government also needs to take responsibility, and tha amount of gun stores in the inner-cities...shows that. The government basically pushed minoritiez into poor, low-income neighborhoodz, then...thru the CIA pumped tha neighborhoodz full of crack and gunz...n then said...ok...pick yurself up! lol wtf...anywayz...im way off topic now...so fukit...lol

ChildOfMuthaNature

• 'G'
  • Nature's Child
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2002, 04:57:12 AM »

^that is kinda sad the way u see it man^

let them wipe themseleves out come on man that is a lil to simple...

it's like tone said
suburb kidz stumble across or maybe even find their parents gunz in tha closet. Kidz in tha inner-city, get exposed to tha shit off tha bat...very hard for parents to keep gunz away frum they kidz...when gunz are all ova tha neighborhood. Fuked up situation...
it not really the suburban kid that need the most looking out for cuz for the most part that is been delt with and being exposed on the news....for an inner city kid that has to see crazy gun shit go down every day they mostly should be ingnored and to where a gun get into their hands for whatever reason-- negligents mainly, to grow up thinking they have to have a gun and they have to use a gun to get  what they want....their is no reason i could say just leave them to wipe them selves out when they can be taught better :-\

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2002, 06:08:21 AM »
i didn't mean thats the way i see it.. i meant.. is that the way 'the man' see's it? is what i described the evil plan to keep the poor down? yeah its a sad vision... maybe I been listening to Above The Law too much.

Poor area's here generally aren't the home of minorities. Maybe thats a difference between the race divide here and in america... if you're poor your poor, fuck a colour. Maybe someone who's actually seen both can comment better. I'm glad our young aren't exposed to gun's like tone described. Where I live. I can't wander around on my own area at night. There's gangs here wandering at night around jacking people.
These days when I'm out late then I gotta either drive or catch a cab home. Luckily my homie lives around the corner so if we're out we can walk back. They cowards only go for lone targets and travel in groups of up to 6 people, you can't fuck with that.
They've put surveilance up all through the main town centre so that shit aint happening there anymore, its happening in the darker area's like where I live.
Some people lose a wallet ( wcc irc folx know my friend <^[Wizz]^> he lost his wallet and got smacked up a lil while back 200 yards from the bottom of my street. He got jumped by a group of 4 people) guess it depends if you try to put up a fight or talk shit. Luckily aint many people getting seriously hurt though, but it does happen.
If guns were more available then it would be a different story... but maybe then the victims would be packing too. What would that acheive? probably a couple dead bodies... right?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 06:10:27 AM by Overseer »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2002, 06:48:26 AM »
'Seer, that's the thing in America. Poor people usually have color. Now we have our Trailer Trash, but for the most part, we have intercities filled with broke ass minorities, and very little white people. Makes it easier for racial profilling.

Now as for outlawing guns, that can't work. First off, people hunt with guns, and target practice. I've shot many a guns, and I would never be unresponsible with one, too dangerous. It's hard to outlaw something like guns anyways, and outlawing them is not the answer. I would say education about them, but the most educated people on guns are criminals. I can't think of an answer.

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2002, 07:12:13 AM »
Gun's aren't 100% outlawed here.. its like this...

Hunters have to get a game licence, I think they probably have to have proof of training too. Fishing shops sell small caliber rifles like '22 etc. for some of these you only have to be over 16 (over 16 rules applies for BB Guns and high powered catapults too)
Shotguns and the like can be bought by a licenced person from a bigger 'country sports' supplier with suffiecient proof of ID.
I've seen and shot with most types of hunting guns like with double barrelled ones at clay pigeons and some high velocity sniper scope type things that made a sonic boom after u fired them, they cool ;)

Hand guns? Never even seen a real one. I don't even know if you can buy them in the UK under any form of licencing. (I know they're available on the black market though for the right price...)

They're trying to cut down on the sale of replica BB + water pistols so police dont accidentally shoot people who arent really a threat. because some people have been using them for robberies.

Our policemen and women are not authorised to carry or use firearms.
Police forces will have a trained armed unit that is called out when firearms are involved.

What you think about the differences?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 07:13:44 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2002, 09:00:03 AM »
I dunno about the "most poor people are black" crap.  I was born poor, and I've always always lived in areas where there were a ton of poor white people.  Add to that that most 'inner cities' are by definition in heavily populated urban areas, and you're leaving out 95% of the country, which is Rural.  Most of Rural america is poor white people.  

So, while the inner cities may be full of poor black people, the entire country is full of poor white people.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2002, 09:27:36 AM »
Alright, I did the math.

According to the 1997 u.s. census, there are

219,656,000 White people in America

Counting Blacks, Hispanics, and other minorities, there are

76,176,000 Minorities in America...

Now, there are

24,650,000 Whites defined as below the poverty level, as opposed to

20,576,000 Minorities below the poverty level.  

So, there's certainly more poor white people than all other races combined, even though the percentage of poor white people on a whole is a lot lower than other minorities.  Hispanics have the highest percentage of people under the poverty level, with blacks a close second. 32 percent of all hispanic women in america are living below the poverty level.  

I was wrong about the "rural poor" though.  44% of all poor 'country' people, are black.  So that means, anyway you look at it, that all those poor white people, a majority of them live in the city, making poor white people in urban areas outnumbering poor black people in urban areas.