Author Topic: Snoop and Eminem?  (Read 1939 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop and Eminem?
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »
I wanna see Kurupt and Eminem, that'd be dope!

Okka

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 03:50:26 AM »
I wanna see Kurupt and Eminem, that'd be dope!

They would have been a classic collabo in 1999, both spittin some crazy shit over a Dr. Dre/Mel-Man beat.

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2009, 05:54:45 AM »
Whats the relationship with Eminem & Ice Cube?

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2009, 08:04:50 AM »
I think the relationship that Dre & Em have is what Snoop could have had with Dre...Over the years, Snoop has always seemed cool with Dre but then he sometimes has taken little shots at him as well..Maybe it goes back to the Deathrow days and the rumor that Dre could have testified on Snoops behalf with his murder trial but chose not to or maybe Snoop felt like Dre abandoned him the way he left DR but things have not been the same since then..Even THe Wash project left some bad feelings...Em on the other hand has always respected Dre and has never had anything negative to say about Dre at all.  I mean I never ever thought Dre would produce anyone's entire project again the way he just basically did Em's and Snoop will never ever get that from Dre again even though that is the only way Snoops rap career could be revived..Basically, i just think Em has been more grateful than Snoop for what Dre has done for him while Snoop has at times been ungrateful and a hater and is probably a little jealous of Em and Dre but that is his fault. At this point, I'm not even sure if even Dre can revive Snoops falling career.

Dane

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2009, 08:48:03 AM »
I think the relationship that Dre & Em have is what Snoop could have had with Dre...Over the years, Snoop has always seemed cool with Dre but then he sometimes has taken little shots at him as well..Maybe it goes back to the Deathrow days and the rumor that Dre could have testified on Snoops behalf with his murder trial but chose not to or maybe Snoop felt like Dre abandoned him the way he left DR but things have not been the same since then..Even THe Wash project left some bad feelings...Em on the other hand has always respected Dre and has never had anything negative to say about Dre at all.  I mean I never ever thought Dre would produce anyone's entire project again the way he just basically did Em's and Snoop will never ever get that from Dre again even though that is the only way Snoops rap career could be revived..Basically, i just think Em has been more grateful than Snoop for what Dre has done for him while Snoop has at times been ungrateful and a hater and is probably a little jealous of Em and Dre but that is his fault. At this point, I'm not even sure if even Dre can revive Snoops falling career.

Ok, 'is Snoop that bad?

I don't think so, yeah he's not spitting the classic G-shit, but come on he's older now, and yes he is doing pop now, but I don't think he's that bad, could find worse.

But good point

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2009, 12:59:48 PM »
What's up Dane?? Yeah man, I do understand your point also but I think Snoop is that bad now...Can't even go gold at this point..Em on the other hand can take years off, come back and with Dre's production, probably will double in the first week what Snoops last album has sold to this date. Snoop actually thought Teddy Riley was going to revive him? I don't see any singers or rappers knocking down Teddy's door for hits...Let's face it, Em is where Snoop could have been as Dre's favorite partner in rhyme and they can make millions together for years to come. If and when Detox drops, Em is gonna be featured way more than Snoop and I'm sure Em has at least one more album in him as well...That has to fuck with Snoop. I was listening to Doggystyle today and damn, Snoop and Dre could have made so much more music and money together. Damn Snoop.... :'(   

love33

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »
I think Kurupt from 1995-1997 had the sickest flow in the game.  Listen to his verses on "All Eyez On Me" and listen to some of that unreleased stuff like "I Just Don't Bang No More."  If we could have had a Death Row 1996 Kurupt album produced by Dr. Dre now that would have been the treat right there.

But I agree Snoop is just bitter and upset his card has expired and nobody cares about him anymore.  He says he's a gangsta and Eminem's on some groupie fan stuff but then he goes and dances around and tries to copy T-Pain with that "Sexual Seduction" song.  And he said originally Ego Trippin was going to be just Snoop Dogg with no guest appearances then he goes and decks it out with guests.  Then he decides that being a pop star just isn't enough and he wants to be a country music star too, so he does that country track "MY MEDICINE" on Ego Trippin.

I know Eminem's not no gangsta or anything nor has he claimed to be, but I never remember Eminem trying to be a country music star on any of his records like Snoop Doggy Dogg, lol.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2009, 01:30:26 PM »
real talk

But I agree Snoop is just bitter and upset his card has expired and nobody cares about him anymore.  He says he's a gangsta and Eminem's on some groupie fan stuff but then he goes and dances around and tries to copy T-Pain with that "Sexual Seduction" song.  And he said originally Ego Trippin was going to be just Snoop Dogg with no guest appearances then he goes and decks it out with guests.  Then he decides that being a pop star just isn't enough and he wants to be a country music star too, so he does that country track "MY MEDICINE" on Ego Trippin.

I know Eminem's not no gangsta or anything nor has he claimed to be, but I never remember Eminem trying to be a country music star on any of his records like Snoop Doggy Dogg, lol.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dane

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »
Hi guys.

Yeah, it's some solid points you are making.

I like both Em and Snoop, I've just always wondered why the heck they haven't done more stuff together.

I'd say, they somehow are like brothers under their mentor Dr. Dre, cause they are/was both his biggest stars.

Snoop has even taken 50 and the Unit under his wings, so it's a little strange.

But since the Game beef, it seems that Snoop has sided with Game (fair enough), but you haven't heard him and 50 or the rest of the unit (minus Buck) record anything with him in the past 2 - 3 years.

But ok, Em hasn't recorded with Xzibit for many years too, so they probably just don't mix, Em and Snoop.

I agree, Em and Kurupt could be a sick duo on a Dre beat.

Okka

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2009, 02:56:39 PM »
Em hasn't recorded with Xzibit for many years too, so they probably just don't mix, Em and Snoop.

I guess somethin happened between Dre, Em, Snoop and Xzibit. All of them kind of stopped fuckin with X.

Remember when that Dre/Em/Xzibit vs. Jermaine Dupri beef was on, Snoop was dissin' them all and sayin somethin like "stop dissin JD, let's attack the big dog (Suge)".

Then Suge Knight ran into Xzibit at some club and asked about the relationship with him and Snoop Dogg and X said it's all business, after that Snoop, Daz and Soopafly started talkin shit about him and it seems like nobody from Dogg Pound has been fuckin with Xzibit after that. Well, i know that Daz & Kurupt was on "Full Circle" but still it seems odd that they all just stopped fuckin with each other all of a sudden.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2009, 03:29:38 PM »
Xzibit and Em collabs were always dope, something I definitely wanna see again...

Jaydc555

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2009, 06:08:21 PM »
How did snoop take 50 and g unit under his wings?LOL.50 sold more records then snoop and ran a successful label,while doggystyle records didn't do much.

Dane

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2009, 11:04:05 PM »
How did he take them under his wings.

Well he appeared on the P.I.M.P single (remix)

Then he got on both Buck and Banks album, generally fucked with the Unit, remember the supergroup, DPG-Unit (never amounted to something, but still the cut on Buck's album was pretty dope.

Yeah, guess Xzibit, said what he falt he had to say, to avoid a good beating.

I understand Snoop got upset, but I bet he'd do the same standing alone with Suge.

I know he claims he scared the shit out of Suge at the BET awards, when they finally faced each other, but come on, who the fuck believe that?

Yeah, Xzibit kind of fade away, yeah man, I love that diss on JD, but it was like Snoop said weak, that they only went after the little man.

Read somewhere once, that Em's bodyguard said it was a nightmare in LA, cause Suge boys were after them all the time, chasing them around town, when doing concerts and shit.

Jaydc555

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »
I wouldn't call appearing on a couple songs taking someone under their wing.

Dane

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 11:17:38 PM »
Don't be hatin  8)

Maybe not, but looking back at it a brand new artist, which 50 was, I'd say it gave him some cred, having Snoop as his big uncle appearing in video's and songs