Author Topic: 9 Beat Snippets  (Read 180 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
9 Beat Snippets
« on: October 06, 2002, 12:04:55 PM »
i just wanna tell that im still alive... lol... and im still bangin my fingaz on the keyboard...

ive made a 9 beat-snippets-track for yall to peep... some beats are new.. some are old...

www.wampuka.com/I-BO-BeatSamples.mp3 (4.2MB)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: 7 Beat Snippets
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 12:09:18 PM »
Cant wait to peep it...I always love listenin beat mixes...Just gotta wait till its done D/Ling, and Ill drop some feedback...PeAcE
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 7 Beat Snippets
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 12:17:48 PM »
evaluation

1st beat- piano is awesome, and the bassline is nice but nothing matches the stand out piano imo...

2nd beat- i've heard this before and it's aight, nothing ground breaking...sounds like something i've heard before from i-bo...

3rd beat- sounds like some vacation on an island type beat...mellow but decent...

4th beat- more raw beat with gunshots, i think the bassline is nice but should be heavier and more hardcore, but it's the second best beat yet...

5th beat- this is some gangsta shit right here, something i could see naz-t spitten on (hint hint)...

6th beat- love this beat, shit is fire for sure...it's that influenced beat...second best now in the pack...

7th beat- kind of g-funkish, but it's not really appealing to me, it's a very instrumental type instrumental (if that makes sense)...

8th beat- this one is kind of repetitive, not liking it as much as some of the others...

9th beat- pretty nice beat to end it off...kind of a story telling beat if you ask me...

good shit i-bo, keep it up, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

ROCCY

Re: 9 Beat Snippets
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 12:40:05 PM »
basicly what he said ^^, good shit ibo..peace

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 04:44:03 PM »
Good shit I-Bo...Keep doin what u doin....Here's a track by track review:

1st Beat...Wow...One of the best beats I've ever heard from u...I love this shit...Makes u wanna flow all fast and shit...You'd probably hate me for saying this, but Eminem would be perfect for this type of beat...

2nd Beat...Some Gangsta shit...Yet another dope ass beat, and another one of your bests...I heard this a while back...I like everything about this beat...It's all dope...

3rd Beat...I think I heard this before...Don't remember where, but It sounds pretty coo....Like some laid back typa shit...I dont like the snare though. It's too loud and doesn't sound like the right snare to use for a track like this...But it's still a good beat (Not my style though)...

4th Beat...Hmmm...Sounds like a beat they'd use as a Score for an action movie or something...I don't think it's a rap beat, but either way, it's pretty cool...Nothing amazing, but it's above decent...

5th Beat...I heard this before...Yea, u sent me it through AIM..."All About The Rythm"...Sounds cool...I just realized, this kick (which u use a lot) doesn't sound like a Hip-Hop Kick...It sounds like a Kick they use in Trance Music...The melody and everything else is coo (but again, its not my style)... Just try getting a better kick for ure drums...

6th Beat...Nice...Some West Coast shit....Dope shit...I remember hearing this before as well...I think u used it for a "Cream Remix" u sent me a while back on AIM...Well, I think u should keep droppin West Coast Shit like this, cuz from what I'm hearing, that's what u're best at...Dope as fuck...

7th Beat...Hmmm, another beat I previously heard from u (dont remember where)...Ummm, it's a decent beat...Again, something laid back to chill too...But like I said, u come off nicer with the West Coast Gangsta shit than u do with the laid back soft shit...

8th Beat...I like this shit...Very G-Funkish...Some of that I-Funk (as u would like to call it)...I love the whistles/synths more than anything...This is great...Keep bringin the Funk...

Overall: You're definently doing your thang, and what you're doing is original and dope as fuck...Some of the shit I love, some of it is decent, but overall, you bring the heat like no one else...Now, if u want an honest opinion, I think u should stop with the "laid back" soft ass piano loop type of shit, cuz it doesn't appeal to me...I say you keep with the West Coast/I-Funk style and stop with the laid back shit...U can do both, but I like the West Coast shit way better...Overall, this is some of the best shit I heard from you...PeACe

PS...I dunno where AlerG got the idea that there is 9 beats on the sampler, cuz i only hear 8...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2002, 07:48:57 PM »
good shit.  I think all the beats would be good for really serious and meaningful raps.  Real deep shit ya know.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 07:52:56 PM »
Damn sum dope ass beats right there...

1st Beat...Wow...this shit is awsome, like nik said, one of the best beats I've ever heard from u...real smooth, but with a dope ass vibe too it, this would sound real ill to flow too...

2nd Beat...ive heard this b4, gangsa-ish...dope beat, but its to repeative....still real tight

3rd Beat...Ive heard this b4 too, sounds real good, kinda laid back, but like nik said, the snare is too loud ...

4th Beat...This is cool, you made way better beats tho....sounds kinda below ure level...not bad tho..

5th Beat...Tight shit, i like tha trumpets or whtever in the background too...

6th Beat...Oh yeah i know this, dope shit, you remixed a verse from C.R.E.A.M on this, which fit really well.  Real dope shit, would sound ill if the right MC flows on it..

7th Beat...I've heard this b4 as well, nice laid back ish, real tight

8th Beat...Hella dope funky ass beat, im really liking eevrything about it

*9th Beat... not a bad beat, I feel ure others more tho..this one sounds to repeative

Dope stuff IBO, keep droppin dat heat,peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2002, 01:22:50 AM »
wow, nice job Bo

1st beat my fav one.

the rest is cool too, you got one hell of a nice touch when it comes to usin the keyboard. keep that up.

peace
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2002, 09:06:29 AM »
NICE  :o
40oz Graphire

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2002, 09:36:18 AM »
DAMN I-BO this shit is off the hook, some of the beats aren't my type but damn dude this shit is real heat! u got a re l mellow style i like, ur beats are unique and so is ur style so u should keep it up...and i think ur slow ass beats are good, its not very hip-hop but it certainly is good and u should keep doin that wit the gangsta shit beats. U got some nice sounding instruments, i guess the akai discs are helpin u a lot...i love ur variety and pianos, ur definitely the "piano man", u kno how to use that shit and create melodies well foo. Well tahts it for now peace.

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2002, 01:27:07 PM »
1st beat: WOW.  the piano is fuking dope as funk.  I love the bass line a lot.  the violin gives it a nice touch to it also.  and like NIK said, It would make a good Eminem track.  Or somebody that raps with anger.  Dope Dope trak.  one of your best I have ever heard.  

2nd beat: great track. has good funky bass line.  I really like it alot.

3rd beat:  this beat is tight.  has the happy feel to it.  the drums are tight as hell.  and it has that sound I can't really desribe.  but it's tight.  this would make a great hip hop trak.

4th beat: Now this is an alright trak.  The gun shots don't really fit in.  they arn't as powerful as a gun should really sound. they sound too week. IMO  the rest of the beat is average. wait. I really like the violin that in there too.  love that sound.

5th beat: this hits hard.  I love it.  The low end piano fits in really well with the rest of the sounds.  the trumpet sets it off too.  one of the best on here.

6th beat:  Now this str8 funky.  The bass line makes this song.  good shit.  and that little thing in the back that makes the clicking sound is tight as hell.  good job.

7th beat: this is a nice beat.  like someone said, it's a nice trak to just sit back and chill to. to think to.  good instrumental.

8th beat: the trumpets set this off. good repetative trak.  would make a exalent rap joint.

9th beat: the drums on this is wild.  very fast and hip.  and piano sounds are tight too.  you are good on the piano.

over all:  DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE.  keep doin your thing!! :D

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:9 Beat Snippets
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2002, 06:24:33 PM »
bump

thanx for the replies..

holla
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 06:24:52 PM by Ibrahim Wampuka »