Author Topic: Wouldnt it be funny if..  (Read 188 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Wouldnt it be funny if..
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »
We had a Denver vs Orlando finals?  I mean, obviously the NBA is praying to the basketball gods that we have a Lakers vs Cavs finals.  But with all the Kobe/ Lebron hype...it would be kinda funny to see Denver and Orlando make it.  If for nothing else, just to see the league try to recover from the over hyping of Lebron/ Kobe...."oh wait...did we mention we have these other guys, Carmelo vs Dwight!" lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Wouldnt it be funny if..
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:20:14 PM »
In essence, I don't think it would do THAT bad like some people think. Dwight has a lot of hype surrounding himself and this could be a chance for the NBA to try and cash in off of Melo by building him up so that people will compare him to Kobe, Wade, and LeBron. Another big name amongst big names = more money generated. It could work out for next season.

...would be disappointing, though, and definitely wouldnt get nowhere near the same ratings a Cavs/Lakers Finals would.

OchoCinco

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 04:24:37 PM »
Would be pretty damn funny. Im a Laker fan but im sick of this Lebron Vs. Kobe shit.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »
The Finals wouldn't be watched by nearly as people if LeBron and Kobe weren't in it. It would still be a fun game and like NIK said, it would propel Carmelo and Dwight to superstar status.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »
the NBA would lose 50% of it's ratings of a Cavs-Lakers finals

that's no exageration
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 08:56:37 PM »
spurs/nets pt . 2

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
yeah nba be caught off gaurd since they called lebron vs kobe at least a month ago (roughly)

The Finals wouldn't be watched by nearly as people if LeBron and Kobe weren't in it. It would still be a fun game and like NIK said, it would propel Carmelo and Dwight to superstar status.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

'EclipZe

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »
we can only hope lol

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »
I'm sure the NBA would not mind a Lakers- Magic matchup ... Dwight is still popular in the US and VERY loved in Asia .. plus you got the Froggies and Kebab connections so it would be good from the international perspective ... without mentioning that it would be a lot more fun than a Lakers - Cavs matchup...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 01:15:42 AM »
as long as the Lakers are in it, the ratings will be fine

The Best of 3 Worlds

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:58:30 PM »
as long as the Lakers are in it, the ratings will be fine
Agreed..It will still do pretty well if it is Cavs vs. Nuggets, but not nearly as much as the Lakers, who have the large fanbase and the share of haters that come with it. The way the NBA has been marketed, you need either Kobe or LeBron to get the best ratings. These are all fun teams to watch, and I'll watch the Finals no matter what the matchup is, I just hope that the series is exciting.
I got a bird's eye view