Author Topic: Depression...  (Read 773 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Depression...
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 05:53:47 AM »
isolate yourself from society and keep telling yourself that nobody cares about you.

and bump a lot of Pac.

Jaydc555

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 05:55:59 AM »
Just read niks posts and be happy you aren't him

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 06:55:28 AM »
what do y'all do to deal with it or overcome it...
depends...is this a depression in long term thing or are you just depress today?  If you have depression, go see doctor about pretique (spelling error) or effexor... or if you just simply depress...go workout.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:21 AM »
depends...is this a depression in long term thing or are you just depress today?  If you have depression, go see doctor about pretique (spelling error) or effexor... or if you just simply depress...go workout.

One of the few who gave actual good advice here.

Jaydc555

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:37 AM »
Fuck that anti depressant shit don't mess with that stuff.Just work your way through it.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 07:00:21 AM »
Fuck that anti depressant shit don't mess with that stuff.Just work your way through it.
It doesn't "fuck with you."  Prestique is a new anti-depression medication that increase metabolism.
That's a new shit ppl need.  High metabolism=more active=more happy.  Many been using effexor which is actually anti-depression, but it kicks in after few weeks when used properly.  However, effexor just makes me not smile or sad...so it is what it is.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 07:01:01 AM »

It's apparently alright, but it takes a month or two to really help you.

Jaydc555

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 07:04:43 AM »
Either way.I've had bouts of depression and refrained from using medication.Its better to just work it out you become a stronger person for it rather then relying on a chemical substance that isn't natural

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 07:18:33 AM »
Either way.I've had bouts of depression and refrained from using medication.Its better to just work it out you become a stronger person for it rather then relying on a chemical substance that isn't natural
Truthfully, I would agree with you, however, there are many with chemical imbalance inside their head.  It's true..not for everyone, but it's for those with who seems overwhelmed.  I mean, old ppl can't do much physical activities, I guess that's why they need it?

The drawback about prestiq (lastest rx) is that it cause dizziness, dehydration, fatique, and constipation. 
It works for some and don't.  Everyone is different with different needs.
I perfer effexor, because even it takes long time to kick in, it actually prevents depression.  All they need to do is boost a nice metabolism it's all gravy.

Or they need vitamins, such as B.

Jaydc555

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 07:22:45 AM »
I realize that yes their is people with a chemical imbalance but these people are in the minority.Anti depressants are handed out way too easily in these times.Its just a legal no different then cocaine in that many become addicted and reliant on a substance that they never needed in the first place.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 07:25:20 AM »
I realize that yes their is people with a chemical imbalance but these people are in the minority.Anti depressants are handed out way too easily in these times.Its just a legal no different then cocaine in that many become addicted and reliant on a substance that they never needed in the first place.
Hmm..maybe they need to blame themselves for being lazy, huh?  I guess.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 07:25:37 AM »
Here's good advice. If you just stop giving a fuck about what people think about you, your depression will go away.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 07:26:47 AM »
i want to say something jack assy funny, but i went through a bout of depression 4 years ago, and it sucked

but what helped me was

going to the gym and working out
eating a lot of oranges and bananas
drinking a lot of water
surrounding myself with good friends
listening to lots of music that spoke to me
learning new music on the guitar, picking up the piano and learning that

then eventually i found myself one day, really fit and healthy, surrounded by tons of people that loved to be around me, a brand new outlook on life that was positive and that people liked, and found my dream girl.

so the moral is just find ways to better yourself.

This. Start with the gym and the rest will follow.

You should take this to the Train Of Thought section if you want more enlightened responses (although smoking ganja wasn't bad advice, it is the blessed herb, and has many positive spiritual benefits)....

Anyway...

Don't look at your pain/depression as something that necessarily needs to be avoided, or as something you shouldn't think about.  Actually your pain can be a beacon.  Your pain is trying to tell you something.  It is trying to direct you away from something that is not good for you.  So listen to your pain/depression and see what it is really telling you.

Sometimes we may be in a situation, and we become depressed.  And rather than getting out of the situation and moving onto something better, we instead consider ourselves to be "depressed" and therefore hopeless.  That's like being out in the cold weather and feeling uncomfortable, and thinking you just don't feel well when really all you need is a jacket or to find warmer weather.

Now you may feel stuck in a bad situation.  But there is always a way out of that situation.  It may require either self-improvement on your part to elevate above the situation, or it may require you to take a risk and leave the situation altogether.  But it can be done.

Infinite dropped some good advice as well.

If you smoke weed a lot, take a break for a week or so. It's nice to get high, but not great to be high all the time.

And avoid medication unless you are really, really at your wits end.

Nigga_With_An_Additude

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 10:29:55 AM »
shit don't take any high medication it causes tha body to be depressed so yall find yaself mo depressed then in the begininng .thwere is avitamin called good days and I can give you the number if youwant it,,,,,,,,,,,,it causes a smalle high (all natural of course)

Cali Climate

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 12:05:46 PM »
Keep your mind where your body is, meaning don't concern yourself with past regrets or anxiety of the future. Do what you want to do right at this moment and enjoy it.