Author Topic: Tech N9ne- Blown Away (Keyshia Cole & Rakim diss) from Sickology 101  (Read 1401 times)

OchoCinco

Re: Tech N9ne- Blown Away (Keyshia Cole & Rakim diss) from Sickology 101
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »
Ya, least Tech isnt dissin for no reason like most people, its really more like callin them out then a staright up diss. And anyone who listen to Techs music knows hes a sensitive dude and takes shit like this really personally.

and for those wanting the track.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/60610440345ae559/

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 05:44:22 PM »
rakim is legendary status but muffuccaz dont want it wit tech on any lyrical level
he's bodies alotta muffuccaz careers
some somewhat known and others before theyve even started
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

JohnnyL

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 09:46:09 PM »
This is one of my favorite tracks on the album (and one of only two that is just Tech solo).  Tech kills it, and I love the chorus.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 02:57:41 AM »
Sad as it is, but did he really expect Keyshia Cole to Open For Him???
Or Rakim for that Matter???
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Jaydc555

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 03:10:37 AM »
Why not?that's how the promoter scheduled the performance.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 06:08:11 AM »
Why not?that's how the promoter scheduled the performance.

Really??..who was the Promoter??
And did they really think it wiould  happen??

Crazy if it did..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

JohnnyL

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »

To a degree, I can understand Rakim taking exception to opening for Tech.  But Keyshia?  I don't know...is she even that big, really?  Maybe it's just the circle I travel in, but I was the only one that'd ever even heard of her.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 11:36:17 AM »

To a degree, I can understand Rakim taking exception to opening for Tech.  But Keyshia?  I don't know...is she even that big, really?  Maybe it's just the circle I travel in, but I was the only one that'd ever even heard of her.

2 platinum albums and 1 gold (which has sold 865k)

JohnnyL

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »

2 platinum albums and 1 gold (which has sold 865k)

Alright.  That's a fair point.  It's probably mostly just my circle then.  They don't listen to much R n' B.  And really, neither do I.  I was familiar with Keyshia Cole though.  I actually think she's got a great voice.  But her style of music just isn't really "my cup of tea."  To one degree or another, I respect any artist that can obtain that level of success.  And in her case, you can tell there's definitely talent behind it too, rather than just gimmick.  But to mention her in the same breath as Rakim, I think is a little much.  At least, at this point in her career.  Rakim is generally regarded as a legend by most, and has been around for years and years.  So, when he doesn't want to open for a newer artist, I tend to be a little more sympathetic.  Still, time marches on and Tech N9ne is a beast.  His live shows are amazing.  I had a chance to catch one in Columbia, Missouri a few years ago, and it was awesome.

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »
I mean really, Keyshia Cole or Rakim opening up for a dude that is barely known outside the internet? That's like George Foreman vs Tyson being the undercard for a Jose Canseco vs Ronnie the limo driver fight. I'da smacked the promoter and my manager for even making me such an insulting offer

OchoCinco

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »
Keisha Cole aint RnB she is BET garbage pop music.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »
I mean really, Keyshia Cole or Rakim opening up for a dude that is barely known outside the internet? 
Tech actually has a very big following outside of the Net. He tours a ridiculous amount of days a year so he's constantly doing live shows across the country.

I don't see this whole thing as much as a diss as it is Tech airing out his frustrations. The guy works his ass off. He throws some live-ass shows and stays putting out new shit. On that level, I could see how someone downplaying him as being just a "local rapper" would piss him off.

JohnnyL

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 01:48:17 PM »
Keisha Cole aint RnB she is BET garbage pop music.

Okay. lol  Well, I like garbage pop music even less than RnB.   ;D

JohnnyL

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »
I mean really, Keyshia Cole or Rakim opening up for a dude that is barely known outside the internet? 
Tech actually has a very big following outside of the Net. He tours a ridiculous amount of days a year so he's constantly doing live shows across the country.

I don't see this whole thing as much as a diss as it is Tech airing out his frustrations. The guy works his ass off. He throws some live-ass shows and stays putting out new shit. On that level, I could see how someone downplaying him as being just a "local rapper" would piss him off.

I agree with what you're saying here.  I don't feel like Tech was really going hard against Keyshia or Rakim.  I think this is more saying that he thinks if someone agrees to do a live appearance, they should honor the agreement.  And I do think that Tech does feel a little hurt of insulted that some want to marginalize him as a "local rapper," when he puts in so much work.  I don't think you could find a harder worker in the industry right now, than Tech N9ne. At the same time, in trying t play Devil's Advocate, I can see how Rakim might feel like he shouldn't have to open for a newer artist.  Rakim has put in so much work over the years, you could argue that he's almost earned the right to be like that a little bit.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 02:54:16 PM »
Ya, least Tech isnt dissin for no reason like most people, its really more like callin them out then a staright up diss. And anyone who listen to Techs music knows hes a sensitive dude and takes shit like this really personally.

and for those wanting the track.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/60610440345ae559/

props homie