Author Topic: Tech N9ne- Blown Away (Keyshia Cole & Rakim diss) from Sickology 101  (Read 1399 times)

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Tech N9ne- Blown Away (Keyshia Cole & Rakim diss) from Sickology 101
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »
With the Keyshai Cole concert T.I. performed before Tech also I think and didn't care! Tech didn't give a fuck when he went on he said in an interview on this matter that he was scheduled to perform later in the show cause it had to be dark due to the light show that goes on during his set. Plus this concert was in KC Techs home town!! And Rakim wasn't opening for Tech, Ghostface and Brother Ali were playin also, the promoters are the ones that wanted him to close up the show!

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 10:19:48 PM »
I mean really, Keyshia Cole or Rakim opening up for a dude that is barely known outside the internet? 
Tech actually has a very big following outside of the Net. He tours a ridiculous amount of days a year so he's constantly doing live shows across the country.

I don't see this whole thing as much as a diss as it is Tech airing out his frustrations. The guy works his ass off. He throws some live-ass shows and stays putting out new shit. On that level, I could see how someone downplaying him as being just a "local rapper" would piss him off.

I agree with what you're saying here.  I don't feel like Tech was really going hard against Keyshia or Rakim.  I think this is more saying that he thinks if someone agrees to do a live appearance, they should honor the agreement.  And I do think that Tech does feel a little hurt of insulted that some want to marginalize him as a "local rapper," when he puts in so much work.  I don't think you could find a harder worker in the industry right now, than Tech N9ne. At the same time, in trying t play Devil's Advocate, I can see how Rakim might feel like he shouldn't have to open for a newer artist.  Rakim has put in so much work over the years, you could argue that he's almost earned the right to be like that a little bit.
Yeah, I actually felt like "How you gonna put Rakim on blast" when I heard that record and still feel that way but in the same situation, Tech shouldn't have to sugarcoat his feelings.

The thing is, with the music industry pushing the "panic" button with downloading and the recession and what have you, Tech is really one of the few artists who has his business game down. In the span of less than two years, he's put out three albums (one of them a double album). His albums get new release mentions in the weekly electronic store flyers right next to the major label product and in some cases, there's free exclusive shit like the "Killer" T-shirt that came with the album. When it comes to touring, he jumps on whatever shit he can get and even when certain city's radio don't give him the invite to "Summer Jam", he still manages to come through. There's few other artists, even on a major label level, that can say the same.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
nah dont get it twisted tech is one of the most known outta the net
he pretty much stays on the road for the entire (international and national)
but yeah this was jus him gettin it off his chest vs a real diss.  if you know tech's muzik, hes a emotional typa rapper and he lets off his steam in his muzik as he has done in many traxx that have turned out to be some of his best.
he ripped don juan to shreds, and some others, but thats jus him doin his muzik in that way.
and thats one good thing about tech he doesnt look for promo in a way to diss muffuccaz

I mean really, Keyshia Cole or Rakim opening up for a dude that is barely known outside the internet? That's like George Foreman vs Tyson being the undercard for a Jose Canseco vs Ronnie the limo driver fight. I'da smacked the promoter and my manager for even making me such an insulting offer
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Moe

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »
lame

midwestryder

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
Keisha Cole aint RnB she is BET garbage pop music.
keisha cole is R&B music . what you call BET garbage pop music is what we call in the 80's & 90's R&B . so you are wrong . R&B music is for real men who are not fake & front like they are too hard for good R&B music.there are too many people who think it cool to be hard all the time & that is some fake ass shit.

Muhfukka

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »
Keisha Cole aint RnB she is BET garbage pop music.
keisha cole is R&B music . what you call BET garbage pop music is what we call in the 80's & 90's R&B . so you are wrong . R&B music is for real men who are not fake & front like they are too hard for good R&B music.there are too many people who think it cool to be hard all the time & that is some fake ass shit.

HOW DID YOU BECOME SO SMART