Author Topic: Eminem sells 600k first week...  (Read 1504 times)

Jaydc555

Re: Eminem sells 600k first week...
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 03:43:23 PM »
How can you give relapse a 1?what the fuck is wrong with your ears?insane>as the world turns

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 04:03:26 PM »
How can you give relapse a 1?what the fuck is wrong with your ears?insane>as the world turns

i want to know how The Eminem Show & the 8 Mile Soundtrack got 5/5's; even Devil's Night was pure greatness, but a 5/5.

you would really throw those 3 against his first two & other 5/5 albums like Illmatic, Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me, Doggystyle, The Chronic, etc.?

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 04:15:06 PM »
Damn thats a lot I am shure he will stay in the top 10 for
quite a while.Didnt he do a lot to promote the album? Compared to
his last album sales it can be called a flop but Lil wayne really only hit a mill in
one week because of Lolipop  it got a whole lot
of radio play and what not.
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »
Shows how much downloading has changed the industry but I have a feeling his numbers would have been lower anyways.  He's been gone for a minute, people taste's have changed, and none of his singles were true radio bangers.  The most played one was We Made You.  

Based on those freestyles I'm looking forward to his future stuff more then I have enjoyed relapse.  I could feel him having fun on that Chonkyfire freestyle.  I actually think they should use that chorus for a track.  "i got you slipping on my swag juice."  That shit is on constant rotation.
downloading isn't hurting Eminem that much, as he's selling like crack on itunes :P

I don't believe that one minute.  Downloading has changed the name of the game.  I don't understand why people don't think this is the case.

I agree Downloading/internet has clearly changed the business in many ways and as usual, the entertainment business is reactive to change, its not proactive hence why so many cats fail now.

I would have copped relapse if i never downloaded it, but after listening it i decided not to. However if i couldnt get a link, i would have copped it. I am glad i downloaded it though, i would have been dissapointed with my bread going on this.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 12:22:05 AM »

i want to know how The Eminem Show & the 8 Mile Soundtrack got 5/5's; even Devil's Night was pure greatness, but a 5/5.

you would really throw those 3 against his first two & other 5/5 albums like Illmatic, Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me, Doggystyle, The Chronic, etc.?

Yes I would
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jaydc555

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 12:26:16 AM »
You must smoke a lot of crack

Big B

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 07:43:50 AM »
lol.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 12:22:08 PM »
You must smoke a lot of crack

I don't think I'm the only person that considers them to be 5 out of 5 classic albums...

The Eminem Show-  Many people agree that Eminem showed alot of growth with this album and that it was as good or better than his previous albums.

Devils Night-  What else do you want on this fuckin album to say it's a classic? 

8 Mile Soundtrack-  "Lose Yourself" is going to end up being Eminem's "Thriller" 20 years from now.  20 years from now he will be most remembered for the track "Lose Yourself" (and also the track "Stan" from MMLP is another "Thriller").  Those will be his "Thriller" tracks.  "Lose Yourself" was a #1 record and his biggest record he ever did and I believe it was the climax of his career.   Then "8 Mile Rd." is my personal favorite Eminem track of all time.  If you had those two songs, and the rest of the tracks were all Soulja Boy, Master P, and MC Hammer tracks, you would still have a classic album!  However, there were other great cuts on the album, I thought Boomkats track was a great song, Rakim, 50 Cent and D12 had nice contributions, and Xzibit and was at the hieght of his game back then. 

...are all Classic albums 5 out of 5

zilla

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
I didn't even buy the album, and I was probably one of his biggest fans from Feb. 99' when he released the Slim Shady LP all the way until D12 World dropped, I had to be one of his biggest fans.  So if people like me aren't even buying his albums anymore than something is wrong.  I thought the bonus tracks were excellent, just as on Encore I didn't like the album, but I thought "We As Americuns" was a great song.   I break Em's album's down like this.

Slim Shady LP-  5 out of 5
MMLP- 5 out of 5
D12-Devils Night-  5 out of 5
Eminem Show- 5 out of 5
8 Mile Soundtrack-  5 out of 5

D12 World- 3 out of 5
Encore-  2 out of 5
Relapse- 1 out of 5  (to me the whole album isn't even good for more than one listen.  I wish he would of put a whole album out with the same style as the bonus cuts)

That being said...I wanted him to outsell Wayne so I'm really disappointed with that.

You're outta your mind. And you call yourself a writer? Relapse portrays the ART of writing like non of his other albums. I've spoken to other knowledgeable cats and they will tell ya, the way EM puts words together on some of these relapse songs is untouchable, the material has to blow your mind if you're a writer. You're looking at the subject matter from a square's perspective and hating just because drugs don't apply to you.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:54:33 PM by ZiLLA »

midwestryder

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 05:12:52 PM »
I didn't even buy the album, and I was probably one of his biggest fans from Feb. 99' when he released the Slim Shady LP all the way until D12 World dropped, I had to be one of his biggest fans.  So if people like me aren't even buying his albums anymore than something is wrong.  I thought the bonus tracks were excellent, just as on Encore I didn't like the album, but I thought "We As Americuns" was a great song.   I break Em's album's down like this.

Slim Shady LP-  5 out of 5
MMLP- 5 out of 5
D12-Devils Night-  5 out of 5
Eminem Show- 5 out of 5
8 Mile Soundtrack-  5 out of 5

D12 World- 3 out of 5
Encore-  2 out of 5
Relapse- 1 out of 5  (to me the whole album isn't even good for more than one listen.  I wish he would of put a whole album out with the same style as the bonus cuts)

That being said...I wanted him to outsell Wayne so I'm really disappointed with that.

You're outta your mind. And you call yourself a writer? Relapse portrays the ART of writing like non of his other albums. I've spoken to other knowledgeable cats and they will tell ya, the way EM puts words together on some of these relapse songs is untouchable, the material has to blow your mind if you're a writer. You're looking at the subject matter from a square's perspective and hating just because drugs don't apply to you.

unless it is weed then all drugs are for squares ..pils are for losers & squares. relapse is eminems worst album ever. you are one who is looking from square's perspective .  nothing about album blows my mind instead it grosses me out. eminem only gets away with what he is saying because he is white no black person could get away with it.eminem talks about surban white boy shit not real hip hop aka african amerian shit.hip hop is african american street culture not surban white boy music like eminem .i can't feel or relate to anything eminem raps about because i african american from east st louis & none of that crap eminem raps about happens around here at all. everything eminem raps about happens in white surban part of st louis not the hood at all.so you are not hood & you are white.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:24:08 PM by midwestryder »

Invincible

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »
unless it is weed then all drugs are for squares ..pils are for losers & squares. relapse is eminems worst album ever. you are one who is looking from square's perspective .  nothing about album blows my mind instead it grosses me out. eminem only gets away with what he is saying because he is white no black person could get away with it.eminem talks about surban white boy shit not real hip ho aka african amerian shit.hip hop is african american street culture not surban white boy music like eminem .i can't feel or relate to anything eminem raps about because i african american from east st ouis & none of that crap eminem raps about happens around here at all. everything eminem raps anbout happens in white surban part of st louis not the hood at all.so you are not hood & you are white.

:sleep:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »

The problem isn't his rhyme scheme.  The way he is putting words together is untouchable, that part I agree.  The problem is his content. 

As far as drugs, the only drug I use is ganja, and that's really only when I was out in LA or whenever I go to West Africa.  It doesn't make me a square just because I don't pop pills, nor does it mean that I'm not capable of understanding Eminem's music.  Remember his first album had a great deal of content about poppin pills and I consider that record to be a classic.

JohnnyL

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 08:53:38 PM »
I think 600,000 in the first week is pretty good.  With all the downloading that goes on, it's extremely hard to instantly go platinum anymore.  Maybe Lil Wayne, Kanye, and Nas have sold more than that lately, but Eminem has also been out of the public eye for four years.  I actually think the sales will continue to stay strong for at least a couple more weeks.  And as someone else said, if radio and video support is handled properly the album will probably continue to sell well.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »
yeah i herd 50 on 106 say that Em officially sold 100 Million records !
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2009, 12:12:20 AM »
i think you guys are putting too much of an emphasis on sales.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09