Author Topic: Kunta Kinte  (Read 710 times)

Suga Foot

Kunta Kinte
« on: October 16, 2002, 09:29:44 PM »
Who is/was Kunta Kinte? I always hear his name in songs, but I have no clue who he is/was.

budsmokeronly

Re:Kunta Kinte
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 11:13:18 PM »
he is this black slave in the movie roots.  He is played by OJ Simpson.  Its a really good movie, I suggest you rent it.

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 11:36:08 PM »
ooooh okay.  Yeah all my friends are always tellin me to watch it, maybe I will do that.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 12:09:15 AM »
Kunte Kinte is the main character in Alex Haley's masterpiece ROOTS

Greatest book i ever read, it brought tears to my eyes....

read the book man...then watch the movie
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 04:30:19 AM »
Kunte Kente was a Muslim from (Nigeria?) Africa.   He is a great ancestor of Alex Haley.  Alex Haley wrote and directed "Roots."  Alex Haley also helped Malcolm X write his biography.  

The story of Kunte Kente has been passed down through the generations of Haley's family.  Kunte Kente's family is the most widely known and documented family of Muslims from early American history.  

The reason why many black people convert to Islam is because their ancestors were Muslims in Africa before they had their name, religion and identity stripped from them by the white barbarians.

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 04:41:08 AM »
^^LOL great infinite speakin on the trials and tribulations that his race has gone thru...oh wait  ::)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2002, 12:35:36 PM »
lol..
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2002, 02:47:21 PM »
^^LOL great infinite speakin on the trials and tribulations that his race has gone thru...oh wait  ::)

Ya'll are funny to me.  If I say I care about someone because they are Muslim then you say....."Ohh, so you only care about Muslims, bigot!"

Then if I care about someone who is black you say....."Infinite thinks he's black or wants to be black"

Then I say something about Kunte Kinte who is African and Muslim and ya'll still try to make a joke about it.  Ya'll need to grow the fuck up and quit acting like school girls.

CWalker187

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2002, 04:55:04 PM »

Ya'll are funny to me.  If I say I care about someone because they are Muslim then you say....."Ohh, so you only care about Muslims, bigot!"

Then if I care about someone who is black you say....."Infinite thinks he's black or wants to be black"

Then I say something about Kunte Kinte who is African and Muslim and ya'll still try to make a joke about it.  Ya'll need to grow the fuck up and quit acting like school girls.

You are a dumbass.

Pillow

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2002, 10:56:06 PM »
dude got his leg cut off right?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2002, 11:52:00 PM »
dude got his leg cut off right?

Naah...Just half of his foot...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2002, 12:26:50 AM »

You are a dumbass.

you're fuckin pathetic.....

- Lewis Carroll

Pillow

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2002, 12:39:25 AM »
snoops a gangsta

Tha_Black_Jesus

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2002, 04:34:38 PM »

The reason why many black people convert to Islam is because their ancestors were Muslims in Africa before they had their name, religion and identity stripped from them by the white barbarians.

The reason why many Blacks converted to Islam was due to the efforts of the great Muslim leader Noble Drew Ali, Marcus Garvey, and Elijah Muhammad who showed that Caucasians were devilish in nature and that the white-man's perception of christianity is all false. In fact Islam was a dominate religion way before them arabs came into africa, christianity was practiced in parts of east africa and traditional african religions were dominated.

I'm pretty sure infinite's ancestors owned a few of my ancestors. In fact I'm know infinite's ancestors lived in caves, eating raw meat, practicing beastiality. If it wasn't for Musa (Moses), infinite's barbaric relatives would still be up in the hills and cave-sides of Europe.