Author Topic: DJ Quik and Kurupt - Blaqkout: Tracklisting and Snippets  (Read 3383 times)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ Quik and Kurupt - Blaqkout: Tracklisting and Snippets
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
album is wayyy too short. 13 tracks 11 songs 1 skit 1 alternate song (???) and 2 god awful songs (jupiter and exodus). a handful of songs are worth listening to, the others are cool. Album should have just been an EP. for a short cd its really not worth $13. especially for 9 cool cuts. Im gonna have to pass on this. Very disappointing to say the least. I'll cop it when I see it on the clearance section at Amoeba in Hollywood.
10 bucks at best buy

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2009, 05:10:46 PM »
its def got a diffrent sound to it... i thought it was have that trauma like feel because those beats were epic.. honestly they were orchestrated out crazy... even when i heard cant go wrong the other day i was thinking damn there going to come with some shit like this but the snippets got me thinking there going in a whole new direction some of the cuts sound dope the intro, ooh, and fuck yall, hey playa, but some of them are diffrent.. Guess ill just have to cop it  and bump it for a few days

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »
Hell, 8 outta 12 ain't bad for music coming out these days i'll cop it. And to you fools complaining about only 12 songs.. Thats the way it should be. Who wants an 18 track album full of skits and fillers? And no ones forcing you to download these songs that have leaked.. If you wouldn't have done that you would be having 12 brand new songs coming your way.

G-Funk

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
I can't understand some of these immature kids who complain about EVERYTHING.  Man, these guys have already been there, done that -- they are paid. They don't have to make no album and we haven't had anything worth talking about from a West Coast cat except a Detox album that might drop by 2015.  DJ Quik and Kurupt come out of nowhere and are getting ready to drop this heaven on us, and some of the immature kids on here are whinning and crying "I wanted the album done this way," "No I wanted the album done that way," "they should have used more nerd effects in their video."  Man, some of you all need to just crawl back under your rock you live in because none of you all complainers will ever be happy or satisfied no matter what our artists do.

I like the style of beats they used on this release and they gave it their own spin and the videos bring that classic pacific westcoast feel to it at the same time.

This is some classic music and I'm ready for June 9 to cop this thing and bump it.  I love that "Do You Know" video (that was a perfect track and video and I like Kurupt's 2009 style so far) -- that is a smooth West Coast classic and I would love to see it played on television.  We need to support this release real big.  None of us have been buyin albums lately so it's time for us to get up and push this joint up the charts.

We should all cop two copies each and push this thing up the charts.  With the current situation in the rap game, this might be an opportunity for the West to make some noise and shine some light on us again.  I am feeling most of the tracks that I've heard so far.

No matter what you all say, this is miles ahead of "Do That Stanky Leg" and some of the other garbage out there -- lets get this release the love it deserves and it bring it back to the West, West.  Big up to Kurupt and DJ Quik for giving us another classic.

+1

I actually agree with you for once rather than your usual "feature this guy on a track and it'll sell" ideas. Everybody should just be glad there are still some west coast artists making music. The west coast sound back in the day is to be remembered as a golden era, and we must move on.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2009, 05:48:35 PM »
Shit sounds real dope to me.

I just get the feeling that since Quik/Kurupt have leaked 4 or 5 tracks (or however many) so far, that people don't feel like they're getting very much cuz not all of it is "new" to them by the time they heard these snippits.

The internet has given you the option to hear more & more of this stuff quite a bit of time before the actual release date. You gotta look at the big picture of this whole project.

Whether you've been a Quik/Kurupt fan for a decade or not, this is a HOT record. I shouldn't say that because all I'm going off of is the tracks that have leaked & the snippits of the others, but 95% of the records put out today are complete CRAP. This release is something we have all been waiting for & we should all appreciate. It's our own faults if we let ourselves hear too much of it too soon and now we let ourselves down.

June 9th = Time for the westcoast. Support these guys!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »
can someone upload that track that has a video with the hot girls? its a new video from Quik and Kurupt but I forgot the title, an mp3 of it would be nice!

Matty

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »
Im def buying this album...Gotto support Quik and Kurupt

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2009, 07:44:57 PM »
IMO the long time kurupt/quik fans were expectin something different but i feel what everyones sayin
but I guess when favorites drop cd's (especially after they've been gon for so long or dropped wack albums since) when they finally decide to drop a cd and its not "how they want it" they get mad.
im not the biggest fans of these rappers so its all good and i got some of their bangers already
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2009, 12:08:13 AM »
I can't understand some of these immature kids who complain about EVERYTHING.  Man, these guys have already been there, done that -- they are paid. They don't have to make no album and we haven't had anything worth talking about from a West Coast cat except a Detox album that might drop by 2015.  DJ Quik and Kurupt come out of nowhere and are getting ready to drop this heaven on us, and some of the immature kids on here are whinning and crying "I wanted the album done this way," "No I wanted the album done that way," "they should have used more nerd effects in their video."  Man, some of you all need to just crawl back under your rock you live in because none of you all complainers will ever be happy or satisfied no matter what our artists do.

I like the style of beats they used on this release and they gave it their own spin and the videos bring that classic pacific westcoast feel to it at the same time.

This is some classic music and I'm ready for June 9 to cop this thing and bump it.  I love that "Do You Know" video (that was a perfect track and video and I like Kurupt's 2009 style so far) -- that is a smooth West Coast classic and I would love to see it played on television.  We need to support this release real big.  None of us have been buyin albums lately so it's time for us to get up and push this joint up the charts.

We should all cop two copies each and push this thing up the charts.  With the current situation in the rap game, this might be an opportunity for the West to make some noise and shine some light on us again.  I am feeling most of the tracks that I've heard so far.

No matter what you all say, this is miles ahead of "Do That Stanky Leg" and some of the other garbage out there -- lets get this release the love it deserves and it bring it back to the West, West.  Big up to Kurupt and DJ Quik for giving us another classic.

+1

I actually agree with you for once rather than your usual "feature this guy on a track and it'll sell" ideas. Everybody should just be glad there are still some west coast artists making music. The west coast sound back in the day is to be remembered as a golden era, and we must move on.

Yes, you are right! The West Coast must move on but some west coast guys try to copy the sound of some mainstream punks. Blaqkout got some dope cuts but it has not the sound that everybody expect.

To "move on" need some creativity. the sound in the golden era was really innovativ. they interpreted a whole music era (funk) new. you cant find this creativity in todays music! sorry, without that there is no "move on"....

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »
WTF i jsut baught this the other day from amazon.co.uk and it says it wil lbe here tommorw....... do yall remember when they did this with kurupt & rosco joint was out in the Eu like 2 weeks before us.. shifts wierd

trouble2

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
not bad got some bangers might purchase it when comes out

sav

« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2009, 08:59:37 PM »
Still hasn't leak...?

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »
like everything cept watcha wanna do, exodus, jupiter, and hey playa. i know everyone likes that song but the sample sounds out of place or some shit to me

EFFeX

« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2009, 10:38:27 PM »
Kurupt is definitely "back" on this one even though I don't think he ever went anywhere.