Author Topic: Relapse is the best hip hop album to come out in years  (Read 1284 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Relapse is the best hip hop album to come out in years
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 10:57:27 AM »
Lol
c/s

id rant but laughing is sufficient

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 11:04:49 AM »
^and u'd rather listen to that Rick Ross bullshit???

man, just listen to that verse he spit on Stay Wide Awake and tell me how that shit isnt dope.....his flow and rhyming is so ill on that verse....nobody else in the game can do that....not be all up on his dick, just givin props to where its due.....

Well Rick Ross bullshit entertain me better than a horror rap verse from Eminem even if its not wack tho
and to me Deeper Than Rap Instrumentals > Relapse Instrumentals

J Bananas

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »
maybe....if you HATE BLACK PEOPLE, you sick son of a bitch.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 12:57:19 PM »
And, people is like "oh it's a concept album, that's gotta be dope" .......

kemizt

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »

I really like it, I wasn't feeling Lupe's first album so much, but yeah of course his second album is better than this, but in my opinion the Cool is the best album of last year.

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »

nah homie not me, IMO Jigga man's American Gangster was one of the biggest fails in past few years (as far as anticipation goes).......so no, I dont just hop on the concept bandwagon......I actually listen to an album fully without skipping before I judge, and from what I've heard after one listen, this shit is the dopest thing out right now.....

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
its a dope album, for sure one of the best recent albums to come out....to early to judge but yea I could see it being one of the best albums to come out in the last few years....I would prolly say in the top 10 in the last 5 years

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »

nah homie not me, IMO Jigga man's American Gangster was one of the biggest fails in past few years (as far as anticipation goes).......so no, I dont just hop on the concept bandwagon......I actually listen to an album fully without skipping before I judge, and from what I've heard after one listen, this shit is the dopest thing out right now.....

Good on you for backing up with actual statements and not just getting personal and shit like people do when they dont know what they're arguing about properly. I still dont like album personally but the instrumentals were amazing and four songs were great plus the two bonus tracks that were better than half the other tracks... It almost seemed like it was made a certain way and then rushed out to the public... also 20 songs/skits was also a bit much... maybe its time to lose a few skits and stuff and just make it so the tracks are good enough that people dont notice that the usual skits werent there.. to be honest his skits are gettin old now.. if he was trying to reinvent the game like many people said he was then he failed... He almost even failed on the whole concept album thing too when some songs seemed out of place... and I know 'we all wanted the old shady back' and apparently we got it but I have to say maybe we wanted a more updated one that was just psycho and not immature cuz 'We made you' is played out! I hope for better from Relapse 2 and I think that some tracks showed enough promise to deliver us better.... This album was better than Encore so it gets props for that but it doesnt touch the other albums at all... This is after a lot of listening too so my mind wont be changing!

midwestryder

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »
^and u'd rather listen to that Rick Ross bullshit???

man, just listen to that verse he spit on Stay Wide Awake and tell me how that shit isnt dope.....his flow and rhyming is so ill on that verse....nobody else in the game can do that....not be all up on his dick, just givin props to where its due.....

no we rather listen to method man & redman or the new la coka nostra album coming out july 14 that will be better then relapse. eminems flow & rhyme to me are played out in this era.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 03:35:28 PM »

Yeah, American Gangster sucked too.

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 03:39:07 PM »
I think the album was coo when I first heard it but a week after it didnt get any replay

Wow, you're talking bout replay value and you've got "Last Kiss" in your sig

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »
it was a DOPE album in my opinon, but it's clearly one of those hate it or love it things, but whatever.

let those who enjoy it bump & praise & let the haters hate; but don't make a thread a week about the album in a positive or negative way. the same argument is just going to rise in each one.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 06:14:44 PM »
I think the album was coo when I first heard it but a week after it didnt get any replay

Wow, you're talking bout replay value and you've got "Last Kiss" in your sig

"Cartel Gathering" to me is bigger than the whole Relapse album so understand that everybody has his own taste

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 06:47:19 PM »
peoples standards have just lowered cause there is so much more other garbage, and people love eminem and nomatter what he does they will justify it because they have to love it

Matty

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 06:51:05 PM »
lowered standards definitely accounts for a lot of the furor around this release. not all of it, but a good amount.