Author Topic: Whitehead Brothers - "Forget I Was A G"  (Read 190 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Whitehead Brothers - "Forget I Was A G"
« on: October 15, 2002, 06:17:39 AM »
Does anyone else remember this tune? I was driving home on Sunday night and on the radio they had this thing called 'top 3 club RnB/Hip-Hop club tunes' and this was included in someones list. I remember hearing it years ago but I forgot how DOPE this song actually is. It's from the "Jason's Lyric" soundtrack, and it's a classic, no doubt. Some of you might remember that other classic song they brought out a while back, "Your Love Is A 187". Anyways, just thought i'd make a thread on it because it's so dope and everyone should check it out if they haven't already  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Young Dan Iza

Re:Whitehead Brothers - "Forget I Was A G"
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 07:37:21 AM »
yeah this is a real dope song, but i like your love is a 187 more, check that song 2, its got a dope westcoast beat from 95

teecee

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 05:14:29 PM »
Forget I Was  A G is one of my favourite tracks from back in the days......

As for YOur Love is a 187, i remember reading in my Rap Pages that this song was supposed to feature Dre and Snoop, but they were pulled off the single cuz Suge didn't let his artists appear on other labels.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 02:16:38 AM »
Forget I Was  A G is one of my favourite tracks from back in the days......

As for YOur Love is a 187, i remember reading in my Rap Pages that this song was supposed to feature Dre and Snoop, but they were pulled off the single cuz Suge didn't let his artists appear on other labels.

Yeah? They did sample Snoop's voice on that track too, would of been even more of a classic if they featured on there properly though.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 07:55:45 AM »
Yea.. this was back in 95 I believe.  I got the CD OG if anyone wants to check it.  Ill be kinda hard to reach for the next two weeks.. but hit up Nima if you need this shit.  If Im not online, hes your best chance of getting a message to me.  Thanks.

Axle
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2002, 04:09:03 AM »
Does anyone know if they brought an album out at all? I would really like to check it out if they did.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 04:09:28 AM by =[Euthanasia]= »