Author Topic: Quik and Kurupt has leaked out in great quality...  (Read 5958 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Quik and Kurupt has leaked out in great quality...
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2009, 12:01:43 AM »
Chad Vader's Blaqout review;
I was first sceptic about this project. Both is one of the best to ever do it,but together,nah. They proved me wrong with this album,Quik switched up his style to fit Kurupt,so did Kurupt. There's a couple of tracks that got to go,other than that... shit is tight.
Overrall rating;
3.8/5

Yeah that basically sums it up for me. Very unique sound, you will not hear another west coast album or hip hop album that sounds like this. If Kurupt drops the rest of his "catalogue" of albums that he is talking about doing and they keep the quality of this release then he is on to something. His rhymes were solid, nothing awe inspiring but nothing really just rambling on and on about nothing. Quik is the fucking man period. Beats are lush and crisp and sound dope as fuck in my home theater system. Just good music. Some tracks were ehh and nah but overall dope.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2009, 12:09:41 AM »
Albums okay, it'll grow on me with more listens. I'd put it just above Trauma, only because the songs kinda fit together more.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2009, 12:19:38 AM »
^^^
I got no problem with Kurupts "rambling" style about nothing. It's (one of) his styles. I'm looking forward to the Kurupt album with Mel-Man and Fred Wreck.

When it has some rhyme pattern to it yeah it is cool at times. The one song he did with Short Khop is a perfect example for me of him just throwing some shit together for the sake of a collabo. I will have to find that track, but anyways yeah fans of the Kingpin lyrical assassin Kurupt will HATE this album. Yeah a album with Wreck and Mel Man and say Muggs or Pete Rock N Premo I think will evoke some lyrical darts from Gotti 4 sho.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2009, 12:50:55 AM »
blaqkout
do you know
ohh!
fuck ya'll
hey playa (moroccan blues)
the appeal

^^
my favourite tracks.

the first track "blaqkout" is sampled from an old house/dance track from like 1999. i cant remember the name of the song.

"ohh!" has got a very catchy beat. i think this song would suit club and radio play. they could maybe use this song as a single.

i'll definately be pickin up this album. gotta support westcoast artists who put out good music like this.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2009, 01:34:20 AM »
^^^
I got no problem with Kurupts "rambling" style about nothing. It's (one of) his styles. I'm looking forward to the Kurupt album with Mel-Man and Fred Wreck.

Mel Man and Fred Wreck??? Woh! I missed the news on this one?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2009, 02:45:06 AM »
I gotta say it, Exodus is growing on me.

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2009, 06:25:35 AM »
I wish they would make a crazy extended version of Cream N Ya Panties...they keys are so damn funky....like on some max middletion shit.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2009, 06:49:39 AM »
really smooth album...perfect for the summer

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2009, 07:41:22 AM »
link please
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

G-Funk

« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2009, 08:05:49 AM »
I like every track. I enjoy the skit too. The only one I don't feel as much as the others is Ohh!
The Appeal is dope, it gets hella better towards the middle.

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2009, 09:20:33 AM »

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2009, 10:08:53 AM »
WILL BE LOOKIN' FOR THIS ALBUM WHEN IT DROPS.. BUT THAT "OHH" BEAT IS NUTZ...... I LIKES SO FAR.....

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2009, 10:48:41 AM »
It's better than I first I thought....I fuck wit 8 or 9 tracks out of the 13 that's not bad.....I hope the Terrace Martin and Kurupt Collabo is better tho.

xxOHCxx

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »
This is such a good laid back style cd. Upon first listen I thought some of the songs would be something Nate Dogg would tear up. Only song I didn't really get into was "Ohh!" probably because the beat sounds a lot like Soulja Boy's "Kiss me through the phone".

Paul

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2009, 12:15:36 PM »
Im starting to like Jupiters Critic :o
funkyfreshintheflesh