Author Topic: Quik and Kurupt has leaked out in great quality...  (Read 5920 times)

G-Funk

wats your review of BlaQKout
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2009, 03:18:37 PM »
My review:

BlaQKout - Smooth production on this one here, it has a bit of an old school sound to it. Quik has a knack for intros. 5/5

Cream N Ya Panties - That screaming thing that played at the beginning bugged the fuck outta me at first, but I got used it. This track has a Rhythm-al-ism sound to it. 4/5

Do You Know - This track has a summertime mood to it. Perfect timing. 4/5

Watcha Wan Do - This song is listenable, but its not the best track.. its an average track. It has an Indian sound to it. 3/5

Ohh! -  Not the best track either but its also listenable. It sounds like a watered down Do You Know. 3.25/5

Fuck Ya'll - Great track. Has a bit of a Rhythm-al-ism sound to it as well. Chorus is good. Quik disses his Skanless crew, Hi-C, AMG, KK & D. 4/5

Hey Playa! (Moroccan Blues) - A standout track in a good way. The use of the sample is dope, it gets in the way at first during the first verse but soon mixes its way into the song. 4.25/5

Exodus - Catchy track here, there are no verses really. It may not appeal at first, but it grows after each listen. It definitely can make ya bounce. 4/5

9x Outta 10 - This track is very minimalist. It's basically an unusual drum beat with singing melodies playing the background. But it works. Kurupt spits pretty crazy on this. It may not appeal at first, but it grows after each listen. Definitely a stand-out track. 5/5

Jupiter's Critic and the Mind of Mars - Reminds me of a bit of 80's electro-hop music. This is a very techno-ish track. This also may not appeal at first, but it will grow on you. 4.5/5

The Appeal - One of the best tracks on the album. It has a mellow feel to it. It gets real good towards the middle. 5/5

Problem: The B Stands for Beautiful (Skit) - Just a skit of Kurupt talking about how bitch to him means beautiful. I got a kick out of it. But I'm not going to grade it.

Watcha Wan Do (Alternate Version) - I honestly can't hear much of a difference. It's still listenable but it's not really needed. 3/5

I can actually listen to em all. No cuts to make for me. 13/13.

4.25/5
Not bad at all. 8)

EFFeX

Re: Quik and Kurupt has leaked out in great quality...
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2009, 03:27:54 PM »
The album is growing on me more and more after each listen, what a nice collection for the summer. I knew Kurupt and Quik would come through!

So Much Style

« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »
reminds me of a suga free track...believe he woulda ripped it much more
So much style back at it again

Dopeisjay

« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »
album is nice, and as i continue to listen i like it even more..

sneikki

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
me too, getting better and better  ;D

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2009, 12:46:34 AM »
After track 7 there's nothing for me, except "The Appeal", it's like they had to put it there to save the second part of this short album.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2009, 04:46:20 PM »
Yeah I knew about the Fred Wreck album, and I searched the forums on here, but we all know the search engine on this forum is completeley useless...

'EclipZe

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2009, 12:57:25 PM »
very dope album.

sicaluffa

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2009, 02:16:50 PM »
After first listen, this album is pretty good.  Definitely could've been better.  I don't like Hey Playa! or either version of Whatcha Wan Do.  They should've ended the album with a better song.  Don't like the skit either.  All the other tracks are pretty good though.  I'll still buy it.  What's up with Quik dissing AMG, HI-C, and 2nd II None?  Hope it's not long term.  Tight song though.

3.75/5

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »
I can't stand when Kurupt does that whisper rap flow.. ruins the song bad. At least he didn't do that shit in Do You Know or 9X's out of 10.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2009, 06:08:28 PM »

Chad Vader's Blaqout review;
I was at first sceptic about this project.
Quik is one of the best producers to ever do it,same goes for Kurupts MC skills,but together,nah.
But,they proved me wrong with this album,Quik switched up his style to fit Kurupt,so did Kurupt.
There's a couple of tracks that got to go,other than that... shit is tight.
Overall rating;
3.8/5

Yeah that basically sums it up for me. Very unique sound, you will not hear another west coast album or hip hop album that sounds like this. If Kurupt drops the rest of his "catalogue" of albums that he is talking about doing and they keep the quality of this release then he is on to something. His rhymes were solid, nothing awe inspiring but nothing really just rambling on and on about nothing. Quik is the fucking man period. Beats are lush and crisp and sound dope as fuck in my home theater system. Just good music. Some tracks were ehh and nah but overall dope.

^^^
I got no problem with Kurupts "rambling" style about nothing. It's (one of) his styles. I'm looking forward to the Kurupt album with Mel-Man and Fred Wreck.

When it has some rhyme pattern to it yeah it is cool at times. The one song he did with Short Khop is a perfect example for me of him just throwing some shit together for the sake of a collabo. I will have to find that track, but anyways yeah fans of the Kingpin lyrical assassin Kurupt will HATE this album. Yeah a album with Wreck and Mel Man and say Muggs or Pete Rock N Premo I think will evoke some lyrical darts from Gotti 4 sho.

I'm looking forward to the Kurupt album with Mel-Man & Fred Wreck

Mel Man & Fred Wreck? Woh! I missed the news on this one?

couldn´t locate the mel-man comments  :-\... search the dubcnn news archives (yourself)  ;)

KURUPT & PROBLEM (June 2008) | Interview By: Nima Etminan
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/kurupt-problem/

Dubcnn: So you just mentioned a project with Pete Rock and DJ Premier. In the last interview you said the Dogg Pound were doing an album with Pete Rock. Are those different projects?

Kurupt: The Dogg Pound project with Pete Rock is gonna be all produced by Daz and Pete Rock, the whole album. Then I got a Kurupt album that I'ma do with Pete Rock and DJ Premier. Then I got a Kurupt solo album that I'm doing with Bink, and I got another album solo wise with Fredwreck doing the production. That's my new thing, getting with producers to do the entire project that they oversee. I have four of them in the works, one with Bink ("Girls All Pause, "Trilogy"), one with Fredwreck, one with Pete Roc/Premier, and I got one that Snoopy is doing "Niggarachi presents Kurupt The Kingpin" and that album is gonna be overseen by Snoop, Teddy Riley and DJ Quik.

Dubcnn: Now let me recap real quick. You said one album with Fredwreck, I think that one is called "History Of Violence"?

Kurupt: History Of Violence, oh boy!!

Chad I believe it is the 2nd to last or the last Dogg Pound interview Kurupt mentions working with Mel Man and Fred Wreck.

Chad Vader

« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »

Chad Vader's Blaqout review;
I was at first sceptic about this project.
Quik is one of the best producers to ever do it,same goes for Kurupts MC skills,but together,nah.
But,they proved me wrong with this album,Quik switched up his style to fit Kurupt,so did Kurupt.
There's a couple of tracks that got to go,other than that... shit is tight.
Overall rating;
3.8/5

Yeah that basically sums it up for me. Very unique sound, you will not hear another west coast album or hip hop album that sounds like this. If Kurupt drops the rest of his "catalogue" of albums that he is talking about doing and they keep the quality of this release then he is on to something. His rhymes were solid, nothing awe inspiring but nothing really just rambling on and on about nothing. Quik is the fucking man period. Beats are lush and crisp and sound dope as fuck in my home theater system. Just good music. Some tracks were ehh and nah but overall dope.

^^^
I got no problem with Kurupts "rambling" style about nothing. It's (one of) his styles. I'm looking forward to the Kurupt album with Mel-Man and Fred Wreck.

When it has some rhyme pattern to it yeah it is cool at times. The one song he did with Short Khop is a perfect example for me of him just throwing some shit together for the sake of a collabo. I will have to find that track, but anyways yeah fans of the Kingpin lyrical assassin Kurupt will HATE this album. Yeah a album with Wreck and Mel Man and say Muggs or Pete Rock N Premo I think will evoke some lyrical darts from Gotti 4 sho.

I'm looking forward to the Kurupt album with Mel-Man & Fred Wreck

Mel Man & Fred Wreck? Woh! I missed the news on this one?

couldn´t locate the mel-man comments  :-\... search the dubcnn news archives (yourself)  ;)

KURUPT & PROBLEM (June 2008) | Interview By: Nima Etminan
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/kurupt-problem/

Dubcnn: So you just mentioned a project with Pete Rock and DJ Premier. In the last interview you said the Dogg Pound were doing an album with Pete Rock. Are those different projects?

Kurupt: The Dogg Pound project with Pete Rock is gonna be all produced by Daz and Pete Rock, the whole album. Then I got a Kurupt album that I'ma do with Pete Rock and DJ Premier. Then I got a Kurupt solo album that I'm doing with Bink, and I got another album solo wise with Fredwreck doing the production. That's my new thing, getting with producers to do the entire project that they oversee. I have four of them in the works, one with Bink ("Girls All Pause, "Trilogy"), one with Fredwreck, one with Pete Roc/Premier, and I got one that Snoopy is doing "Niggarachi presents Kurupt The Kingpin" and that album is gonna be overseen by Snoop, Teddy Riley and DJ Quik.

Dubcnn: Now let me recap real quick. You said one album with Fredwreck, I think that one is called "History Of Violence"?

Kurupt: History Of Violence, oh boy!!

Chad I believe it is the 2nd to last or the last Dogg Pound interview Kurupt mentions working with Mel Man and Fred Wreck.

Got it;

http://www.dubcnn.com/cgi-bin/coranto/searchnews.pl?dosearch
In related news, Kurupt has already started working on his next solo album which is still untitled.
He's putting it out on the major market through Snoop's Doggystyle Records at the end of the year (Snoop also took over the executive producer role).
So far they recorded 6 songs, the first 3 songs are produced by Fredwreck and the other 3 are produced by Mel-Man.

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2009, 12:15:37 PM »
I'm suprised not many people are liking Exodus, it's one of my favorite tracks on the album even if there aren't any verses on it.

In A Real Way

« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »
Exodus is a great track! But the vocals are shit. Without the vocals it could be a great instrumental.

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »
Also someone should tell Quik to let you be able to add the songs on myspace since he has them on his page now!