Author Topic: Israel used Terrorist tactics to gain Independence  (Read 502 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Israel used Terrorist tactics to gain Independence
« on: October 18, 2002, 09:35:45 AM »
From Rise to Globalism, by Stephen Ambrose:

"Britain had a mandate to govern Palestine.  Anxious to placate the Arabs, because of their large oil interests, the British tried to prevent further Jewish immigration into Palestine, while the Jews tried to drive the British out through terroristic tactics...Exhausted, the British turned the problem over to the United Nations, where the Soviets and the Americans banded together to force a solution on the Arabs.  That solution was the partition of Palestine to create a Jewish state...On May 14, 1948, Israel proclaimed its independence.  The US was the first country to recognize the new state, Russia a close second."

Isn't it ironic that the Israeli's got their own state by terrorism.  This also shows the British opposition to an Israeli state.  Now the Israeli's are suprised when the Palestinians use terrorism to try and get their land back.

Don Seer

Re:Israel used Terrorist tactics to gain Independence
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 10:02:19 AM »
so why do israeli's think they have a claim?

i know theres more history to this than meets the eye - plus religion thrown into the mix  ::)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 01:28:13 PM »
I agree Jay, not much attention has been given to the guerillaz and terrorists Israelis who launched aggression against British and Arab inhabitants

and speaking of this "Israeli claim", i got a  question.
Name one country or nationality that got a piece of land cuz their holy book says so. The right wing Bible thumpers and its zionist allies kill me for real, they have a claim to the land because their Bible says so...lol
Does anyone not see the ridicolousness of that?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 02:43:06 PM »
It's stupid, cause how far back do you go?  If you let Israel steal land because the bible says so, why aren't the Native Americans allowed to have the USA back?  

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 06:34:13 PM »
I agree with u. "we were first" is in my oppinion much more of a reason than "our holy book says it's ours", even though u don't have a very religious person saying this here. But all peoples in the world got their religions and the Israeli are the only ones claiming land because of that. On the other hand many jews escaped in WWII and they had the hell of a good reason for doing so...and that does make the situation in the middle east extremly complicated with palestinians who have been livin there for a long time and jews who might have had to go there so they'd stay alive...it's difficult to find a solution but what Sharon is doing is definitely more than wrong

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 12:25:20 AM »
From Rise to Globalism, by Stephen Ambrose:

"Britain had a mandate to govern Palestine.  Anxious to placate the Arabs, because of their large oil interests, the British tried to prevent further Jewish immigration into Palestine, while the Jews tried to drive the British out through terroristic tactics...Exhausted, the British turned the problem over to the United Nations, where the Soviets and the Americans banded together to force a solution on the Arabs.  That solution was the partition of Palestine to create a Jewish state...On May 14, 1948, Israel proclaimed its independence.  The US was the first country to recognize the new state, Russia a close second."

Isn't it ironic that the Israeli's got their own state by terrorism.  This also shows the British opposition to an Israeli state.  Now the Israeli's are suprised when the Palestinians use terrorism to try and get their land back.

bravo...:)....at last, someone digged a more solid arguement than the usual dick-shifting we get on the topic....yea, organizations such as Hagana, Palmah,Lehi etc were by defenition guerilla in their flavour....but u shouldn't forget, at that time Palestine was thrown under a mandate, there was no established state over here, nor did these organizations have anything to do with arab nations, they were mainlly there to get the british mandate out....What the Palestinians are doing now is cevillian terrorism by motive.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 12:26:33 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2002, 12:39:07 AM »
It's stupid, cause how far back do you go?  If you let Israel steal land because the bible says so, why aren't the Native Americans allowed to have the USA back?  

well may be (as for native americans) but what u don't get is that it's not really analogical, do u realise that about a hundred something years ago there wasn't even such a thing as a "Palestinian", these were people from diffrened tribes and backgrounds(often rival groups) whose will to get the Jews out of their original homeland was enormous enough to unite them despite all disagreements, there was nothing established over here, if it wasn't for them we could've all lived in peace today.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 12:40:14 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2002, 12:46:32 AM »
I agree Jay, not much attention has been given to the guerillaz and terrorists Israelis who launched aggression against British and Arab inhabitants

and speaking of this "Israeli claim", i got a  question.
Name one country or nationality that got a piece of land cuz their holy book says so. The right wing Bible thumpers and its zionist allies kill me for real, they have a claim to the land because their Bible says so...lol
Does anyone not see the ridicolousness of that?

I suppose you're not familiar with Herzel's theories dog?, did u know that Israel was  originally expected to declare it's independence also in Ugenda, Africa and even somewhere in south america at first?....what Im saying is that the fact Israel declared it's independence on the holly land was almost a coinsedence....after WW2 the process was exalorated because no one wanted something like that to happen again.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 02:15:14 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2002, 02:16:34 AM »
Props to Tech and JayayBee they were on point.  I-Geezy had some decent responses but I think in a situation like this one should side with the United Nations and International Law.  The United Nations was put there to promote peace and compromise amongst nations.  I think the closest we are going to come to satisfying both sides is through a solution drawn up by the UN.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 02:17:18 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2002, 02:21:31 AM »
Props to Tech and JayayBee they were on point.  I-Geezy had some decent responses but I think in a situation like this one should side with the United Nations and International Law.  The United Nations was put there to promote peace and compromise amongst nations.  I think the closest we are going to come to satisfying both sides is through a solution drawn up by the UN.

well, if we're fallowing UN laws, than all acts endangering Israel's existance should be imidiatlly stoped since Israel was created by the UN. ;)

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2002, 02:29:49 AM »

well, if we're fallowing UN laws, than all acts endangering Israel's existance should be imidiatlly stoped since Israel was created by the UN. ;)

That's not what I read.  I read that according to the UN Isreal is illegally occupying Palestine.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2002, 02:52:34 AM »
Israel was created by the UN, the next day it's independence was declared all the arab countries surounding it shown their opposition to the UN by starting a WAR, because Israel's formal existance cut through some unition plans egypt had with seria, with the Palestinians supporting it.
do U think that if Israel was as out-UN-Law it would still exist?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2002, 09:17:55 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2002, 02:49:59 PM »
Israel was created by the UN, the next day it's undependence was declared all the arab countries surounding it shown their opposition to the UN by starting a WAR, because Israel's formal existance cut through some unition plans egypt had with seria, with the Palestinians supporting it.
do U think that if Israel was as out-UN-Law it would still exist?

I haven't read anything about what you are saying, but I have read that the UN said Isreal is illegally occupying the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2002, 07:20:24 PM »
The West Bank and Gaza Strip ARE Palastinien territory...

The UN agreed Israel belongs to the Jews wayyyy back...Let's leave it at that...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2002, 12:28:54 AM »
The West Bank and Gaza Strip ARE Palastinien territory...

The UN agreed Israel belongs to the Jews wayyyy back...Let's leave it at that...

no....lets not,, what a cop out
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll