Author Topic: Game Saved The West Coast By His Mutha-fuckin' Self  (Read 1919 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Game Saved The West Coast By His Mutha-fuckin' Self
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 11:49:07 PM »
damn i just realized if it wasn't for game we wouldnt even know or really care about: glasses malone, ya boy, clyde carson, juice, nipsey hussle, jay rock, k. dat, dubb, topic just to name a few. dude deserves more credit if he had his business shit right he probably could have all these guys under bws but we know game is horrible when it comes to promoting his label & artist...

back to bumpin' the black wall street journal vol.1

8)

I was listening to Clyde Carson way before he signed with Black Wall Street. Made much noise with The Team.
yep i stopped listening to him when he went with hte game haha

haha same here. 2 Step and Doin That are commercial songs. Clyde was puttin out fire before that.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 11:54:41 PM »
I can't deny Game's success as an artist and he's been a big blessing for the West but if you believe this "by his self" shit, then you are the kind of cat that can be tricked by the power of suggestion. You either aren't a real fan of the guy and know nothing of his history or you're so buried in believing this shit that you wouldn't know otherwise anyway. Between JT The Bigga Figga, Big Fase 100, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Jimmy Henchman, Jimmy Iovine, Game was nowhere near by himself during his rise to the top of the charts. Game would not be where he was if he wasn't talented or hard-working. Let's not take any of this as a knock on him or what he does but his first record was built off the strength of his G-Unit affiliation and being a proetge of Dr. Dre. Anyone can say differently when they are in a more comfortable spot and capable of eating on their own but he wasn't someone like Busta Rhymes who came into Aftermath with an established fan base of his own. Is any of this a bad thing? No. Just don't try and change the story to incorporate his "single-handedly" doing anything.

bdogg211

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 01:08:29 AM »
I can't deny Game's success as an artist and he's been a big blessing for the West but if you believe this "by his self" shit, then you are the kind of cat that can be tricked by the power of suggestion. You either aren't a real fan of the guy and know nothing of his history or you're so buried in believing this shit that you wouldn't know otherwise anyway. Between JT The Bigga Figga, Big Fase 100, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Jimmy Henchman, Jimmy Iovine, Game was nowhere near by himself during his rise to the top of the charts. Game would not be where he was if he wasn't talented or hard-working. Let's not take any of this as a knock on him or what he does but his first record was built off the strength of his G-Unit affiliation and being a proetge of Dr. Dre. Anyone can say differently when they are in a more comfortable spot and capable of eating on their own but he wasn't someone like Busta Rhymes who came into Aftermath with an established fan base of his own. Is any of this a bad thing? No. Just don't try and change the story to incorporate his "single-handedly" doing anything.

That is real spit.  I think game is a good rapper, but there is are reasons why he's not championed in the streets.  He's taking credit of alot of people and not shouting them back. 

He had alot of help on the way and a few were left with an empty hand shake.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:02 AM »
if it wasn't for 50 & Dre, you wouldn't know who Game is.

you can hate on them all you want, but it's true & there is no denying that.

Your karma will be -454 by the weekend  :D

LOL, i know. :-\

but it's true, so i'd rather get the truth across than let this thread mislead the good folk of the Dub lol.

Aside from Juice, I heard most of those artists without the help of the game

true, but what people don't understand is that people on this board know those guys; people who follow westcoast rap know those guys.

but you ask the average hip-hop fan who half of the guys on the westcoast & nobody has a clue.

i know people who "follow" rap, listen to music; a little underground & they have no idea who Crooked I is & he is more popular than everybody mentioned in the thread-creator's post.

few know Jay Rock, but the ones who do only know him because All My Life got some play on the radio because of Wayne.

Game hasn't saved much if you really look at it lmao.

U diggin a hole for yaself Cham lol. Nah I hear what you saying man. Game is a touchy subject for most in this section. I thought I was going to get the RadioTube treatment when I made a joke about Game calling his next album the R.E.D. album.

i hope such thoughts don't limit the content of your comments ;)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 03:58:39 AM »
Never that Dre Day, I am going to be D~Nice at the end of the day, speaking my mind. You know how sensitive people get about Game. :D

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 05:23:48 AM »
How many west coast rappers have significantly benefited of Game's success? Answer = 0
Off topic but I don't understand why European wiggers are so obsessed with this "saving the west coast" & "resurrecting g-funk" thing.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Paul

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 05:40:42 AM »
damn i just realized if it wasn't for game we wouldnt even know or really care about: glasses malone, ya boy, clyde carson, juice, nipsey hussle, jay rock, k. dat, dubb, topic just to name a few. dude deserves more credit if he had his business shit right he probably could have all these guys under bws but we know game is horrible when it comes to promoting his label & artist...

8)

I was listening to Clyde Carson way before he signed with Black Wall Street. Made much noise with The Team.
yep i stopped listening to him when he went with hte game haha

haha
funkyfreshintheflesh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 07:38:32 AM »
and BWS Juice is mad wack...no point in listening to his simple rhymes

MC Juice on the other hand, he rips shit up
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 08:11:14 AM »
Never that Dre Day, I am going to be D~Nice at the end of the day, speaking my mind. You know how sensitive people get about Game. :D
hehehe, that's good to know  8)

yeah i know what you mean: that's why i'm doing everything i can to encourage honesty ;)

How many west coast rappers have significantly benefited of Game's success? Answer = 0
Off topic but I don't understand why European wiggers are so obsessed with this "saving the west coast" & "resurrecting g-funk" thing.
trust me, that is not only coming from Europeans....
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:13:29 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 11:11:13 AM »
and BWS Juice is mad wack...no point in listening to his simple rhymes

MC Juice on the other hand, he rips shit up
is that u Hack Wilson?

Juice from Chicago right?

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »
I'd just say Game opened doors, that's what Jay Rock & many of these new west artists say too. Game co-signing a new west artists just gives a little more publicity to a rapper but to get a record deal rapper has to have some talent (Or at least I'd like to hope so  :D)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »

People act like the west coast wasn't doing shit before The Game came out and that Game putting out a mainstream album produced by Dre somehow saved the coast. But the truth is everyone was doing their thing. Hell, the Game was doing his thing before Dre gave him the push to go mainstream. None of the rappers on Black Wall Street have blown up. Let me know when they do and then I'll start giving The Game some props.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 11:35:32 AM »
if it wasn't for 50 & Dre, you wouldn't know who Game is.

you can hate on them all you want, but it's true & there is no denying that.

I agree but I also agree that Game helped out a lot of the young cats.  He probably could have done more (like actually turn BWS into a label) but at this point, nobody else is really stepping up to the plate.

i feel you on that point (NO HOMO). :P

papa-smurf

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »
Game didnt do it by his self.50 cent had a lot to do with that.If it wasnt for 50 cent game wouldnt be where hes at.so im a say 50 cent and game saved the westcoast.but snoop and cube kept the west mainstream,u cant forget that.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 11:31:35 PM »

8)

Fuck off man. All those guys you just mentioned, no one cares about, and none of them are big, will be big, will help put the west coast on the map, or be successful even in a minor sense. Their nobodies. And their not very talented either. Thanks to the Game a half dozen mediocre artists are well known by a very small number of west coast fans. That's all he did. He didn't help their careers, as none of them have careers.