Author Topic: Game Saved The West Coast By His Mutha-fuckin' Self  (Read 1926 times)

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game Saved The West Coast By His Mutha-fuckin' Self
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »
2001 brought the west back for a little while. The Game didn't bring anything back except himself. Last I checked no west coast rappers got any push out of The Documentary. You can argue that The Game putting rappers on Black Wall Street got them notice, but I can argue that no one outside of the people on this forum knows who they are. Y'all are talking like these rappers have blown up. When one of these rappers starts getting some airplay and starts selling some records, then I will give Game his props.

But isn't game from the west coast? So putting himself on and doing major numbers for a new artists put the spotlight back on the coast.... So I agree he didn't necessarily put anyone on by putting an album out but people didn't pay attention to Jay Rock, KDot, Juice or Ya Boyt until game gave them shine on Blackwallstreets Journal Vol. 1...hell if you listen to K.Dot's track "last real nigga alive" he said it started for them with the Documentary...hate it or love it.....game was the first person to take them on tour and give them exposure(playing his part)...just like he did this year with Nipsey....Game hasn't put out a record for anyone(because he's a horrible CEO) but he has given people the opportunity to shine on mixtapes.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2009, 12:10:14 AM »
2001 brought the west back for a little while. The Game didn't bring anything back except himself. Last I checked no west coast rappers got any push out of The Documentary. You can argue that The Game putting rappers on Black Wall Street got them notice, but I can argue that no one outside of the people on this forum knows who they are. Y'all are talking like these rappers have blown up. When one of these rappers starts getting some airplay and starts selling some records, then I will give Game his props.

But isn't game from the west coast? So putting himself on and doing major numbers for a new artists put the spotlight back on the coast.... So I agree he didn't necessarily put anyone on by putting an album out but people didn't pay attention to Jay Rock, KDot, Juice or Ya Boyt until game gave them shine on Blackwallstreets Journal Vol. 1...hell if you listen to K.Dot's track "last real nigga alive" he said it started for them with the Documentary...hate it or love it.....game was the first person to take them on tour and give them exposure(playing his part)...just like he did this year with Nipsey....Game hasn't put out a record for anyone(because he's a horrible CEO) but he has given people the opportunity to shine on mixtapes.

But one artist doesn't put the spotlight on a coast. by that logic the spotlight never left because Snoop has been releasing successful albums since 93. I knew about Ya Boy because he was making noise before he appeared with Game. Maybe it got him a lil notice in LA but like I said none of them have blown up so how can you give game props?

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2009, 12:22:25 AM »
Before Game - No NEW West Coast rappers with major deals for a long time except Guerilla Black

After Game - Glasses Malone gets major deal, Jay Rock gets major deal, Hot Dollar gets major deal, Nipsey Hussle gets major deal, they haven't dropped any albums but they got signed.

I aint sayin he did it by himself cuz Dre n 50 were big with jumpstarting his career... but after Game's success with Documentary, major labels were at least lookin at the West Coast for talent... if u deny that ur fuckin dumb n blind... yeh Snoop was still droppin platinum albums but major labels saw that a new West Coast artist could sell records after Game dropped and realized u dont gotta be snoop cube or xzibit to sell records
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:24:53 AM by West Coast Veteran »

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2009, 12:25:43 AM »

But one artist doesn't put the spotlight on a coast. by that logic the spotlight never left because Snoop has been releasing successful albums since 93. I knew about Ya Boy because he was making noise before he appeared with Game. Maybe it got him a lil notice in LA but like I said none of them have blown up so how can you give game props?

I think people where dissapointed in Snoops releases after Doggystyle....I mean Doggfather went plat but that album recieved a lot of hate when it dropped and I don't know anyone who was fuckin wit his No limit releases until he dropped that Bitch please with Xzibit and the Last Meal.  IMO there does have to be more artists to gain commercial success before you can say the coast is back but I'm giving Game props for keeping the coast relevant nationwide and doing his part to put the spotlight on new artists. I mean did you know about Juice before he was fuckin wit Game? or Menace?  or Glasses for that matter?

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2009, 12:31:04 AM »
Game haters, go kill yourselves asap pls.
whos the biggest hiphop artist in the west during the past few years?
who put the west back in the map in the past few years?
deep down inside ur haters' hearts u know the answer is Game.

Dude shut up you moron. The west is not back on the map. Which other west coast artist has been successful in the last 3 years? That's right. What artists has Game made successful. None. OK kid. The facts are a powerful tool.
wow homie. ur a completely idiot. Game is not responsible for any1's success. ur blaming Game for the fact that other westcoast artists are not success. think about it, as of today, if ur from other places and talk about the westcoast, 10 people out of 10 are gonna mention Game. He keeps the West relevant in the hiphop world. without game, probably most of the hip hop fans from the world wont even mention the westcoast.

Learn to fucking read, you uneducated porch monkey. Reading compre-fucking-hension. He said Game put the west back on the map. I said he didn't, as no other west coast artist has been successful in the last 3 years. Now, how the fuck do you jump to the conclusion I think it's Game's fault no one else is successful. Now, the Game could have done a lot more in promoting artists. But the fact is, the west is not back, the west is not saved, and you are still an idiot. It's not Game's fault at all. I'm simply saying, the Game hasn't saved the west.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »
That tends to be the big miscommunication with this thread. Game's success is definitely a plus for the West but where people are getting it mixed up is in the whole "Game brought the West back" or "he saved Westcoast rap". Anytime that an artist from Cali can push those kind of units, it's a good thing and I know in my case, I wasn't trying to imply that the guy didn't do his fucking thing but am more saying how can Game get credit for bringing the West back when the West isn't back?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2009, 01:36:24 AM »

I think people where dissapointed in Snoops releases after Doggystyle....I mean Doggfather went plat but that album recieved a lot of hate when it dropped and I don't know anyone who was fuckin wit his No limit releases until he dropped that Bitch please with Xzibit and the Last Meal.  IMO there does have to be more artists to gain commercial success before you can say the coast is back but I'm giving Game props for keeping the coast relevant nationwide and doing his part to put the spotlight on new artists. I mean did you know about Juice before he was fuckin wit Game? or Menace?  or Glasses for that matter?

People think Doggfather is the shit now. And how were people not fucking with him when he went platinum with each no limit album? I think you are trying to make the point that The Game has put people on but honestly I don't listen to any of those rappers. The only rappers associated with Black Wall Street that I check for are Ya Boy and Clyde Carson, and I knew about them long before the Game. I'm from the bay and I've never heard anyone talk about Juice. Only reason I've heard about him is from this forum and he gets clowned on here.

westside159

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2009, 01:46:49 AM »
Th Game sells records though .  and makes good albums , dont compare him to those other guys you named ,  like glasses malone ?  glasses malone is weak , Nipsey Hustle is cool , waiting on his album to drop .    8) 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
Game stans have just proved there dickriders & idiots lmao.

as The King said, the West is NOT back on the map, i don't know if you listen to the radio or anything.

the West has no hype as i already said; maybe underground they do, but not mainstream; no average hip hop fan knows about any of the New West rappers.

most importantly Game's success is 100% from Dre & 50 lmao.

Game would be just like the rest of the New West artists now if he never got his chance on Aftermath.

The Documentary put Game on the map, not the westcoast & whose responsible for The Documentary? Dr. Dre & 50 Cent.

that's not even "hatin'" (because you know, when you go against something on this board, your a hater lol ::)), those are just straight up facts lol.

and if u agree with something then ur a stan and a dick rider? that phrase is getting old homie. 
"stan" and "dick rider" are over used by u and every1 on the net.
damn homie, its funny how u come to every thread about Game and start calling Game's fan stans and dickriders. get a life pls.
Game's success doesnt come from Dre and 50. no1 is gonna make u success but urself. be smart and think about it a little.
sure Game got helps from Dre and 50 but he makes his own music. his skills and talents are what make him success in the music industry. (u can put lucky in there as well.)
for example, if u get help from Dre and 50 but u got no talent in making music then for sure ur not gonna be success.
homie u gotta give Game props for what he had accomplished as a hiphop artist and his contribution to the Westcoast.
if u can't acknowledge Game's talent and his contribution to the westcoast then ur not a hiphop fan. and u dont deserve to be one.
I agree with saying "game saved the westcoast" is a wrong term to use. but Game did his parts for the west. give him his props.
also dre and 50 are not responsible for the documentary. Game is, he made that album with the help of 50 and Dre. get it straight. the fact that dre and 50 helped him doesnt make them responsible for the album.

50's hooks got it (Hate It or Love It, How We Do) on the radio & the fact he was backed by Aftermath not only got him fans but put him a step others because they are giants of the industry.

no doubt his rappin' helped him, i never took that away from him, nor did i say he was a bad rapper; you just want to read into it that way.

but it's a FACT if somebody with barely any talent got a deal with Aftermath & got a 50 hook & a verse from Eminem over a Dr. Dre beat, it doesn't matter your skill, people will most likely feel it & dig your shit.

my ENTIRE point is, D.A. or LAX would NEVER have came out if The Documentary never came out & the only reason The Documentary is out is because get got a chance from Aftermath.

i give him props for everything he did after The Documentary (near classic btw), but without Aftermath he wouldn't have a mainstream fanbase, a name for himself & he would be like all the other New West guys.

if Jay Rock got a chance on Aftermath, he would be in Game's shoes today.

it's all a formula that Game got lucky to get into.

so stop calling me a "hater" (lmao) because i didn't hate on Game, i just said that he wouldn't be where he is with the albums he has put out without Aftermath.

only a groupie would get tight over my comments. ;) :P

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2009, 12:59:07 PM »
I basically agree with the above post but I was also pleased to see Game try to improve his skill over albums even though I thought LAX was a bust, poorly made and executed album.  It had enough quality tracks to be a good ep but as an album it was shitty.   I'm not a fan of Game's antics - his bipolar backwards ass talking that he tries to play off as controversial "i say what i want when i want" blah blah blah  Get in control of yaself boy and act like a man.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »
^agreed with his antics, they make a man sick lol.

but i also agree that LAX (although weak) had some dope tracks on it.

i anticiapate The R.E.D. Album. 8)

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2009, 01:17:32 PM »

People think Doggfather is the shit now. And how were people not fucking with him when he went platinum with each no limit album? I think you are trying to make the point that The Game has put people on but honestly I don't listen to any of those rappers. The only rappers associated with Black Wall Street that I check for are Ya Boy and Clyde Carson, and I knew about them long before the Game. I'm from the bay and I've never heard anyone talk about Juice. Only reason I've heard about him is from this forum and he gets clowned on here.

Yeah Now....but when that shit dropped he got a lot of hate for that album and I don't know one person who was fuckin wit the "Game is to be sold not told" that shit was horrible(plat or no plat that shit was not getting love)....like I said he started to bring it back on Top Dogg and then dropped a heater with the last meal. My main point was that for a New artist Game made a huge impact in the Game commercially...I mean he was buzzing(getting more respect) on the east coast and the east has always been biased against the west..... you know that. I mean if you don't fuck wit the artists he's put on.... I feel that but I think his success did pave the way for new cats to have an opportunity.....but it's up to them to capitalize(to really bring the west back).