4 (8.3%)
Eric B & Rakim
4 (8.3%)
GangStarr
5 (10.4%)
OutKast
11 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Greatest Rap Duo?  (Read 770 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Greatest Rap Duo?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 01:35:20 AM »
IMO Mobb Deep has two classic albums: The Infamous and Hell on Earth. I consider both of those to be better than any DPG album, even Dogg Food. But after that they fell off hard so its hard to say who's better. But I'll skip this whole argument and go with Outkast cause they're more consistent than either of them 8)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:38:09 AM by rapsodie »

westside159

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 02:34:26 AM »
come on man you gotta go with Outkast on this one .   

MediumL

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 09:29:56 AM »
I think we all agree Outkast > DPG or Mobb Deep. But let me breakdown why i was surprised people chose DPG over Mobb Deep.

The Infamous and Hell on Earth are both widely recognised as classics while Juvenile Hell is a pretty crazy album imo. To me DPG only have one classic Dogg Food and like above I feel Hell On Earth is the best out of both groups catalogue. The other albums in both groups range from the good to the average/weak. I judge artists/groups on their catalogue rather than ability hence Mobb Deep seems the indisputable victor.

In terms of lyricists: Kurupt > Prodigy > and then its debatable whether Daz or Havoc the better MC. Till this day i think Kurupts verse on N**** and B**** is one of the dopest verses of all time. In terms of production again its debatable whether Havoc or Daz is better (t comes down simply to stylistic preference) - i'd probably say Daz > Havoc.

But DPG failed to drop another classic while they were dope. I could give a fuck whether it was Suges fault or they were beefing but at the end of the day they didn't drop another classic. Mobb Deep did and put out a very good album as well (juvenile Hell). Again to me its debatable about is Cali Iz Active is better than Blood Money etc but by having 2 classics as opposed to DPGs one - id say Mobb Deep all day everyday (unless DPG come out a drop another classic).
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

rayallen0

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 11:04:50 PM »
IMO Mobb Deep has two classic albums: The Infamous and Hell on Earth. I consider both of those to be better than any DPG album, even Dogg Food. But after that they fell off hard so its hard to say who's better. But I'll skip this whole argument and go with Outkast cause they're more consistent than either of them 8)
murda musik is also hot...and id say P is just as good as an MC as kurupt...i know ppl gonna hate on my since this is a westcoast forum but id say so.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 07:41:42 AM »
Gangstarr

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »

The Best of 3 Worlds