Author Topic: "Okay , You're Right " by 50 Cent = Yet another failure ..  (Read 2044 times)

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: "Okay , You're Right " by 50 Cent = Yet another failure ..
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »
After each listen I like it more and more.  Really under-appreciated track at this stage. The vibe to me is reminiscent of "Patiently Waiting".

I swear, just about every response on this forum to new songs from established artists (Eminem, Dre, 50, Quik + Kurupt, etc.) is wack/average/ok except for one background instrument.........it makes me laugh that some of you expect nothing short of these artists recreating their best albums.  All these guys made their best material when they were hungry, getting the hustle on, or had something to prove.  They do it for themselves.

Keep looking at songs with a microscope and calling it wack if it's not perfect.  Honestly, everytime I see a bad review of a song it makes me think it's probably better than believed to be, because I know the criticizers have one standard:  perfection.  Keep dreamin for perfection

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 07:44:55 PM »
I'm surprised people ain't feeling the track....I think the songs dope....I hope he comes wit more shit like this....."Niggas hatin but they know they really like this"......lol....50 clownin'

JohnnyL

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
 Personally, I thought the song was average.  I thought the beat was nice, but the lyrics seemed just kind of average.  There was nothing really bad about the song, imo.  But there just wasn't really much that stood out about it either.  I probably still prefer it to anything I heard on "Curtis."  As for the album, this is just the first song, so I'll try to reserve judgement until I hear more.  The production on this was nice, and if that's an indicator of what the rest of the album's production sounds like, then there might still be hope for this.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »
The drums bang through the speaker but 50 was average.  His vocals were on point but he isn't saying much.  Plus, the beat was missing that it factor.  It's missing something hypnotic, something catchy.

And, I'm a 50 fan as in I enjoyed Curtis.

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 08:33:56 PM »
this new "OK" joint with 50 sounds like every other track he's made, it's boring and predictable

it's like Dre has made 100 beats just for 50 because they all have that same vibe to it, and it's a vibe people are sick of
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

JohnnyL

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »
The drums bang through the speaker but 50 was average.  His vocals were on point but he isn't saying much.  Plus, the beat was missing that it factor.  It's missing something hypnotic, something catchy.

I'm a 50 fan too, but I couldn't really get into "Curtis."  Everybody's taste is different though.  I know a lot of people didn't think much of "The Massacre," but I thought about half the songs on it were really tight.  I'm still holding out hope that 50 delivers a solid album with this one.  I think it's way too early to tell, of course, with just the one song.  But I'm sure I'll check it out when it drops.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 10:14:06 PM »

I'm a 50 fan too, but I couldn't really get into "Curtis."  Everybody's taste is different though.  I know a lot of people didn't think much of "The Massacre," but I thought about half the songs on it were really tight.  I'm still holding out hope that 50 delivers a solid album with this one.  I think it's way too early to tell, of course, with just the one song.  But I'm sure I'll check it out when it drops.

The Massacre is a dope album.  There were about 3 wack tracks.  Curtis isn't as bad as everyone acts.   For me, I'll enjoy the album if it's like the 3 tracks we've heard but I won't bump it much.
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 11:37:02 PM »
After each listen I like it more and more.  Really under-appreciated track at this stage. The vibe to me is reminiscent of "Patiently Waiting".

I swear, just about every response on this forum to new songs from established artists (Eminem, Dre, 50, Quik + Kurupt, etc.) is wack/average/ok except for one background instrument.........it makes me laugh that some of you expect nothing short of these artists recreating their best albums.  All these guys made their best material when they were hungry, getting the hustle on, or had something to prove.  They do it for themselves.

Keep looking at songs with a microscope and calling it wack if it's not perfect.  Honestly, everytime I see a bad review of a song it makes me think it's probably better than believed to be, because I know the criticizers have one standard:  perfection.  Keep dreamin for perfection

don't put so many people in a box  :nawty:

i just didn't like it: this has nothing to do with crazy expectations ::)

Big B

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 05:51:19 AM »
haha, track is okay. nothing special..if he's a pop artist sell out, then what's snoop?

way past the retirement age?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 07:43:23 PM »
Personally, I thought the song was average.  I thought the beat was nice, but the lyrics seemed just kind of average.  There was nothing really bad about the song, imo.  But there just wasn't really much that stood out about it either.  I probably still prefer it to anything I heard on "Curtis."  As for the album, this is just the first song, so I'll try to reserve judgement until I hear more.  The production on this was nice, and if that's an indicator of what the rest of the album's production sounds like, then there might still be hope for this.

Lyrics are average, he isn't saying much. How is that any different from the rest of his material?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 08:08:29 PM »
50's always had decent lyrics back by a passionate delivery.  That is, he ain't the most lyrical but it's made up by how he delivers a line.  For example,
This is the hustler's ambition. close your eye and listen
or
Respect come from admiration or fear.  You can admire me or you can catch one in your wig.
  Both tracks capture the essence of what he's spitting about. 

Basically, I just don't like the track as much as his other material.  He's on his "i'm rich as fuck and don't don't fucking care flow" which matches with what he spits about.  So, by all regards, I think he succeeded at making a song.  It's not a bad song, it's just not what I like.
- Banks

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 08:44:16 PM »
 8) was a cool joint, But I didn't find myself playing it too much after the first couple spins.
As much as I like Dr. Dre, I'd like to see 50's sound go grimey again.
(mess more w/the same producers that helped forge his mixtape dominance)

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 03:20:08 PM »

I'm a 50 fan too, but I couldn't really get into "Curtis."  Everybody's taste is different though.  I know a lot of people didn't think much of "The Massacre," but I thought about half the songs on it were really tight. 
Co-sign:

Ski Mask Way
Baltimore Love Thing
Position Of Power
Ryder Music
Get In My Car
God Gave Me Style
Outta Control + remix

these songs were way better than the singles (Disco Inferno, Candy Shop)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
Disco Inferno was a dope club joint but Candy Shop was sooooooooooooo bad.

Also, I don't think 50 is a horrible lyricists. He's no Crooked or Royce but he knows how to write songs. 
- Banks

Matty

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 04:21:10 PM »
all the singles that 50 dropped from the masscre (disco inferno, candy shop, just a lil' bit) were massive club hits when they came out. hate it or love it, those records did their thing and were excellently crafted from a production standpoint. as a dj, there was no way you could not play those records and the response to them was always huge.