Author Topic: "Okay , You're Right " by 50 Cent = Yet another failure ..  (Read 2046 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: "Okay , You're Right " by 50 Cent = Yet another failure ..
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 04:41:29 PM »
all the singles that 50 dropped from the masscre (disco inferno, candy shop, just a lil' bit) were massive club hits when they came out. hate it or love it, those records did their thing and were excellently crafted from a production standpoint. as a dj, there was no way you could not play those records and the response to them was always huge.

the massacre had bangers on it whether people want to admit it or not, Curtis on the other hand was terrible
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 04:45:23 PM »
Somebody Gonna Die Tonight is by far my favourite cut from the Massacre, followed by Ryder Music and Outta Control.

Matty

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 04:49:54 PM »
the timbaland/danja joint with justin timberlake was a great single and probably the main reason that curtis actually sold a few records. 50 was a complete hypocrite for it, but the teeny boppers loved it and again a great club track. if he'd saved outta control rmx for curtis it might have been a different story.

i think the reason 50 did so well previously was by being pop but having incredible production to back it up. that's why tracks like 'in da club' (dre) and 'candy shop' (scott storch, dre) helped sell millions of records. curtis was completely lacking any dre tracks that would have made good singles. fire was far too pop sounding, even for dre.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »
Yeah, I could agree his production wasn't up to notch on Curtis but I don't think Amusement Park would be good even it had an amazing beat. 

I really enjoyed Straight to the Bank.  I wish that track had better production.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »
all the singles that 50 dropped from the masscre (disco inferno, candy shop, just a lil' bit) were massive club hits when they came out. hate it or love it, those records did their thing and were excellently crafted from a production standpoint. as a dj, there was no way you could not play those records and the response to them was always huge.

the massacre had bangers on it whether people want to admit it or not, Curtis on the other hand was terrible

Yeah I never understood the hate that album got, even Yayo murdered his verse on "My Toy Soldier"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 09:09:24 PM »
Yeah, I could agree his production wasn't up to notch on Curtis but I don't think Amusement Park would be good even it had an amazing beat. 

I really enjoyed Straight to the Bank.  I wish that track had better production.

Yup that Amusement Park was straight trash, completely uninspired and boring, I've never met anyone who liked that shit. Straight to the bank was dope tho

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »

Yeah I never understood the hate that album got, even Yayo murdered his verse on "My Toy Soldier"
Curtis was decent but c'mon, that is wayyyyy too much.  :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 12:33:30 AM »
the timbaland/danja joint with justin timberlake was a great single and probably the main reason that curtis actually sold a few records. 50 was a complete hypocrite for it, but the teeny boppers loved it and again a great club track. if he'd saved outta control rmx for curtis it might have been a different story.

i think the reason 50 did so well previously was by being pop but having incredible production to back it up. that's why tracks like 'in da club' (dre) and 'candy shop' (scott storch, dre) helped sell millions of records. curtis was completely lacking any dre tracks that would have made good singles. fire was far too pop sounding, even for dre.
how was he a complete hypocrite?
50 cent is a pop artist

why do people keep using that term :laugh:
i understand why it was used, but still

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:42 AM »
I think 1 track that gets over looked on massacare is god gave me style. Its a really cool track imo. Also curtis had SOME decent tracks i get money, curtis 187, my gun go off....but the best thing about that album was the intro lol
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

Matty

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »
he's a hypocrite because he's always tried to maintain a hard image. he's on record saying he wouldn't work with the neptunes because they're 'too pop' and he's gangsta. then he did a record with timbaland and justin timberlake. what he is and what he thinks he is are two different things.

if dre was so worried about his 'legacy' he'd be distancing himself from 50 nowadays. still, i don't really have any idea what to expect from his new album.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:30:47 AM by Matty »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 01:53:04 AM »

Curtis was decent but c'mon, that is wayyyyy too much.  :laugh:

Nah bro, go listen to Yayo on "My Toy Soldier" from the Massacre, 3rd verse... Something bout I always thought was ill haha...

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 02:47:39 AM »
he's a hypocrite because he's always tried to maintain a hard image. ..... what he is and what he thinks he is are two different things.

Youve just descibed pretty much 85% of the rappers in hip hop including the man in youre aviator
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 03:17:41 AM »
if dre was so worried about his 'legacy' he'd be distancing himself from 50 nowadays.

Are you joking? 50 Cent is the one making by far the most money in rap now, not Jay, not  Diddy or anyone else who you consider close to his grossing power. 50 is a genius, he has a great business mind and he knows exactly what the mainstream wants and delivers it, whether me and you like it or not.

Matty

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 01:44:08 PM »
i'm not joking. if dre cared about money he'd be selling beats to any old fool. its about good music and lets face it, 50 is making some pretty shitty music as of late.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »
i'm not joking. if dre cared about money he'd be selling beats to any old fool. its about good music and lets face it, 50 is making some pretty shitty music as of late.

Shitty or not, he's still selling records and getting spins. 50 and Em may not be the powerhouses they once were, but they're still powerhouses compared to everyone else.