Author Topic: I wish people who are from California would stop calling it "Cali"  (Read 794 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: I wish people who are from California would stop calling it "Cali"
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 10:26:58 AM »
Thats not an accent thats just a fucked up way to pronounce some words, basically taken from mac dre and all those other bay heads how they pronounce their A's an shit

if youre talkin about my post...that shit isnt from the Bay, thats in Southern California....they do they own shit up there.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 11:23:42 AM »
1) depending on where you're at in Cali (yeah nigga, I said Cali) the accents are different..

2) EVERYONE ON THE PLANET HAS AN ACCENT, we all sound different to different people.... if you live in Cali, you'd never notice the accent until you went to, for example, New York...

3) I say Cali..... most of the folks I know say Cali.... hell, quite a few of us still call it Killa Cali... but locals usually refer to their specific area (ie, Yay Area, L.A., O.C., Diego, etc)

4) I agree with NIK, what does it matter????
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

J Bananas

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2009, 11:37:24 AM »
yeah well you're also still drinking OE too so that should say something

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
Born & raised in Southern Cali.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2009, 12:05:53 PM »
Actually sir that picture is 5 years old, I rarely drink OE these days.... I drink Hurricane High Gravity, it's even worse than OE....

for all you Beer Judges out there, I don't care if OE is low quality, that's what the fuck I drank.... the sooner you get over it, then better off you'll feel.....

I don't really drink OE anymore, I drink Hurricane, which is the same damn thing but with more alcohol..... again, get over it already.....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »
I know of no one from the golden state that refers to it as "Cali". If ur a local and u use that term then ur hella lame
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2009, 01:09:27 PM »
who really gives a fuck? i use both, but on the internet i use cali. y type the extra 6 letters not to be lame? i could careless

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Blasphemy

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »
Actually sir that picture is 5 years old, I rarely drink OE these days.... I drink Hurricane High Gravity, it's even worse than OE....

for all you Beer Judges out there, I don't care if OE is low quality, that's what the fuck I drank.... the sooner you get over it, then better off you'll feel.....

I don't really drink OE anymore, I drink Hurricane, which is the same damn thing but with more alcohol..... again, get over it already.....

Man I like me some OE, what really fucks  you up is when you have a Coke bottle. Put drips/drops of over 100 brews. Put it in the fridge. That shits fucked, I call it a Atomic Bomb.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
I know of no one from the golden state that refers to it as "Cali". If ur a local and u use that term then ur hella lame

A lot of people from Cali call it Cali, including me. I know of no one from Cali who calls it "the golden state." Stop pretending to know something about a place you're not from. Know your role and shut your mouth.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:54:51 PM by rapsodie »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »
2) EVERYONE ON THE PLANET HAS AN ACCENT, we all sound different to different people.... if you live in Cali, you'd never notice the accent until you went to, for example, New York...

yes but nobody talks about a Cali accent. On the other hand everyone knows about the New York and the Boston accents, including people who are from there. New York people know they have an accent. If there is a Cali accent it obviously isn't very noticeable or (1) we would know we have it and (2) people from other regions would be talking about it and making fun of it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 11:57:31 AM »

wtf do you care what he drinks? are you somehow less nerdier than him now because you drink Dos Equis or some shit? man up and stop worrying about what other people do/say/drink/smoke/fuck all the damn time.

Moe

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 12:28:52 PM »

yes but nobody talks about a Cali accent. On the other hand everyone knows about the New York and the Boston accents, including people who are from there. New York people know they have an accent. If there is a Cali accent it obviously isn't very noticeable or (1) we would know we have it and (2) people from other regions would be talking about it and making fun of it.
thats because its closer to the traditional american accent than new york, boston, the south, and minnesota are.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 12:45:43 PM »

thats because its closer to the traditional american accent than new york, boston, the south, and minnesota are.

yEAH, WHAT HE SAID!!!!
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

J Bananas

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »
This thread really got you faggatrons riled up huh?

Big B

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2009, 05:30:24 AM »
This thread really got you faggatrons riled up huh?
faggatrons?