Author Topic: Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date  (Read 4572 times)

woof

Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »

DateArtistTitleLabelDist.FormatGenreUpc
07/07/09Dr. DreThe Chronic Re-LitWIDEAWAKE - DEATH ROWE1CDRAP829982101228

JohnnyL

Re: Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »

DateArtistTitleLabelDist.FormatGenreUpc
07/07/09Dr. DreThe Chronic Re-LitWIDEAWAKE - DEATH ROWE1CDRAP829982101228

I see it got pushed back a month. You got to love the world of rap music, where every single cd planned can't come out on time.  Never the less, it's cool that's it's still coming out.  Thanks for the update.

KyleEshna

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 06:55:55 PM »
^E1 rarely ever pushes anything back.  If they do, it's cause the artist isn't ready.

E1 is going to be caking that day.

Wide Awake's Chronic
Slaughter House
ALC's second album

JohnnyL

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 06:58:10 PM »
^E1 rarely ever pushes anything back.  If they do, it's cause the artist isn't ready.

Wide Awake's Chronic
Slaughter House
ALC's second album

That's if "Slaughterhouse" drops that day.  Crooked I just said in that last interview, he's thinking that "Slaughterhouse" probably won't drop 'til August.  So again, more delays....possibly.

EFFeX

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:04:09 PM »

Wide Awake's Chronic
Slaughter House
ALC's second album

That's if "Slaughterhouse" drops that day.  Crooked I just said in that last interview, he's thinking that "Slaughterhouse" probably won't drop 'til August.  So again, more delays....possibly.

Slaughterhouse got pushed back... It was pushed back to the 14th last week, now it looks like it might get another push back.

Joey said on live stream tonight that they are still deciding on the final date.

JohnnyL

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 07:06:37 PM »

Wide Awake's Chronic
Slaughter House
ALC's second album

Slaughterhouse got pushed back... It was pushed back to the 14th last week, now it looks like it might get another push back.

Joey said on live stream tonight that they are still deciding on the final date.

God bless Rap.  The pushed-backest genre in music.

EFFeX

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »

Wide Awake's Chronic
Slaughter House
ALC's second album

It was bound to happen with these four dudes though, LOL.

I don't think it will be too long though, it seems like everything is really happening with the project, looking like they are just picking the perfect day for it.

JohnnyL

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »

Wide Awake's Chronic
Slaughter House
ALC's second album

It was bound to happen with these four dudes though, LOL.

I don't think it will be too long though, it seems like everything is really happening with the project, looking like they are just picking the perfect day for it.

Oh, I know.  I actually think they probably will drop it sometime this summer.  It's just rap music in general.  Almost every release gets pushed back multiple times.  It's ridiculous.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »
The Chronic Re-Lit?

What kind of album will that be?  Yet another "remastered" version?
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »
The Chronic Re-Lit?

What kind of album will that be?  Yet another "remastered" version?

remastered by the new owners of death row with a few "bonus tracks" allegedely....i'm just PRAYING it's not "puffin on blunts..." and 'deep cover" LOL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 08:07:59 PM »
I don't think it will be "Puffin' on Blunts..." and "Deep Cover" but it might be "Puffin' on Blunts..." and the "Deep Cover Remix" (can't remember it's name, just "187" I think). Or it might be the extended versions of "Dre Day", "Let Me Ride" or the other tracks which showed up on the singles. 

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 08:10:02 PM »
i wanna hear "The Hoe Hopper" and "The Next Episode" in CDQ

and maybe the OG of Rat a tat tat
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »
is there a HQ mastered of Puffin on Blunts?

i wanna hear "The Hoe Hopper" and "The Next Episode" in CDQ

and maybe the OG of Rat a tat tat

I'd take an HQ version of OG Next Episode over detox
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Efrain

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 08:56:30 PM »
is there a HQ mastered of Puffin on Blunts?

I'd take an HQ version of OG Next Episode over detox

WORD

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:10 PM »
Death Row, with it’s new management, is planning to re-release the classic Dr. Dre album ‘the Chronic’. In a recent interview the Senior Vice President of WIDEawake Entertainment and Death Row, John Payne, talked about the first album since the acquisition of Death Row Records. “We’re releasing ‘the Chronic’, and it’s going to be called ‘the Chronic Relit’. It will be remastered with a couple a more songs that were done at the same time as well as a lot of footage and artwork. We’re remastering it so that it works with today’s technology, but we’re not changing the mixes or doing anything like that.”

While the mixes will be unchanged, some songs might be extended with verses from other artists. “There are a couple Dre tracks that had no third verse, and we’re going to be seeking people to complete them. We won’t go to the entertainment realm. We just want average, everyday people.” Payne said.

A releasedate for ‘the Chronic Relit’ is to be announced.
http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=478