Author Topic: Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date  (Read 4563 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 09:02:48 PM »
will dre see any funds from this project?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 09:07:17 PM »
I don't think the original "Deep Cover" will be a bonus track as I'm pretty sure it was done during the Solar days and Suge didn't have the rights to it. Hence why it's not included on any official Death Row projects.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 09:14:52 PM »
I don't think the original "Deep Cover" will be a bonus track as I'm pretty sure it was done during the Solar days and Suge didn't have the rights to it. Hence why it's not included on any official Death Row projects.

it was on the Chronicles album released by death row
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 09:19:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure that was the 187 Remix and not the original soundtrack version.

Big B

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »
pushed back or pushed in?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure that was the 187 Remix and not the original soundtrack version.
thought it had both??

ill gotta go check it later i guess....maybe im wrong but i thought the 187 was a bonus track and deep cover was the 1st track

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

JohnnyL

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »

It's an official release, so yeah, Dre will get paid.  Laura Lavi, the new owner of Death Row, said they won't release any projects without the original artist getting paid.  So, it seems like that policy will be good news for a lot of the former artists.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 09:38:54 PM »

he should or gonna have to. they seem to be willing to do biz the none Suge way. The lady did say the artist will get pay.

Blasphemy

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 10:51:30 PM »
^E1 rarely ever pushes anything back.  If they do, it's cause the artist isn't ready.

E1 is going to be caking that day.

Wide Awake's Chronic
Slaughter House
ALC's second album

That's if "Slaughterhouse" drops that day.  Crooked I just said in that last interview, he's thinking that "Slaughterhouse" probably won't drop 'til August.  So again, more delays....possibly.

Slaughterhouse got pushed back... It was pushed back to the 14th last week, now it looks like it might get another push back.

Joey said on live stream tonight that they are still deciding on the final date.

God bless Rap.  The pushed-backest genre in music.

lol, shit rock albums usually have it easy, cause they don't usually care about going up other artist release.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 12:10:22 AM »
“We’re releasing ‘the Chronic’, and it’s going to be called ‘the Chronic Relit’. It will be remastered with a couple a more songs that were done at the same time as well as a lot of footage and artwork. We’re remastering it so that it works with today’s technology, but we’re not changing the mixes or doing anything like that.”

While the mixes will be unchanged, some songs might be extended with verses from other artists. “There are a couple Dre tracks that had no third verse, and we’re going to be seeking people to complete them. We won’t go to the entertainment realm. We just want average, everyday people.” Payne said.

Did this part not bother anybody else? FUCK THAT. I don't even know what songs they could possibly need additional verses added too, they were all full length songs.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 01:34:28 AM »
“We’re releasing ‘the Chronic’, and it’s going to be called ‘the Chronic Relit’. It will be remastered with a couple a more songs that were done at the same time as well as a lot of footage and artwork. We’re remastering it so that it works with today’s technology, but we’re not changing the mixes or doing anything like that.”

While the mixes will be unchanged, some songs might be extended with verses from other artists. “There are a couple Dre tracks that had no third verse, and we’re going to be seeking people to complete them. We won’t go to the entertainment realm. We just want average, everyday people.” Payne said.

Did this part not bother anybody else? FUCK THAT. I don't even know what songs they could possibly need additional verses added too, they were all full length songs.

yeah this sounds like a dumb idea...lets have some random internet mc drop a verse on classic deathrow era material and hope people enjoy it...there goes the idea of releasin stuff in its original form  ::)

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 04:03:17 AM »
“There are a couple Dre tracks that had no third verse, and we’re going to be seeking people to complete them. We won’t go to the entertainment realm. We just want average, everyday people.” Payne said.

OMG, i thought they wanna keep it real, this sounds like a horror scenario for me. if they really do this i am shocked

JohnnyL

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 04:20:34 AM »
Lol.  That had already been clarified by the label once.  They said they're not going to put any of these fan-made mixes on the actual album.  That was just supposed to be promotional tool, probably for use on their website (provided they ever get their website going).  They had already clarified this point after the last barrage of angry responses from fans. lol

Blasphemy

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 05:53:14 AM »

Congratulations for not knowing shit. They already said its not for the actual album, this was cleared months ago. Get the fuck off this board if your special Olympics ass can't manage to keep up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 06:02:35 AM »

Congratulations for not knowing shit. They already said its not for the actual album, this was cleared months ago. Get the fuck off this board if your special Olympics ass can't manage to keep up.

LOL