Author Topic: Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date  (Read 4570 times)

Trojan God

• 'G'
Re: Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 07:39:24 AM »
They better have the ORIGINAL CDQ MASTERED "Tha Next Episode" from Doggystyle on there god damn it. I'd but that whole CD for that song....been waiting on that for YEARS.
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to include it on the "Doggystyle" re-release? Maybe with "G'z Up, Hoes Down"?

I got a copy of doggystyle 3 years ago as a re-release from best buy and mine had G'z Up Hoes Down

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 07:45:50 AM »
They better have the ORIGINAL CDQ MASTERED "Tha Next Episode" from Doggystyle on there god damn it. I'd but that whole CD for that song....been waiting on that for YEARS.
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to include it on the "Doggystyle" re-release? Maybe with "G'z Up, Hoes Down"?

I got a copy of doggystyle 3 years ago as a re-release from best buy and mine had G'z Up Hoes Down

Gz up hoes down was also on "15 years of death row"

its nothing special now that it's out in CDQ....why the fuck can't they release THE NEXT EPISODE OG? i dont care if it was meant for doggystyle it's still a Dre-Snoop collabo
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

JohnnyL

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »
Lol.  That had already been clarified by the label once.  They said they're not going to put any of these fan-made mixes on the actual album.  That was just supposed to be promotional tool, probably for use on their website (provided they ever get their website going).  They had already clarified this point after the last barrage of angry responses from fans. lol

http://www.trysomethingnew.tv/deathrow/

Yeah.  I had seen that when they put out that three track sampler for Record Store Day, but the website was so "bare bones" I wasn't sure if it was a temporary site or the actual official site.  It looks like they have added two more music videos, but you have to admit that overall that's a pretty weak website, so far.  Hopefully soon they'll either upgrade this site to something better or just start over.

Maybe they could add a FORUM to their site, so they can see what the fans really want to hear instead of making assumptions.

Yeah.  A forum is really the main thing they need (Provided, they check the forum from time to time, to see what the fans are saying).  Other content would be nice too.  I still like their original idea of putting up unreleased tracks on the website for pay download.  But a forum really is the main thing.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 03:14:51 PM »

Gz up hoes down was also on "15 years of death row"

its nothing special now that it's out in CDQ....why the fuck can't they release THE NEXT EPISODE OG? i dont care if it was meant for doggystyle it's still a Dre-Snoop collabo

Damn really? Never knew that actually leaked. Any chance of an upload?

Big B

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:15 AM »
so what is this relit business?

JohnnyL

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 07:21:51 AM »
so what is this relit business?

It's supposed to be a remastered version of Dre's "Chronic" album with new unreleased artwork, at least 2 unreleased tracks, and some music videos.  I believe they were talking about releasing it and others as cd/dvd combos, so I'm assuming the music videos will be what makes up the dvd part.

Big B

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 07:23:36 AM »
sounds kinda geeky.

JohnnyL

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 07:24:21 AM »

Big B

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 07:43:22 AM »
sounds kinda geeky.

lol
you gotta admit, it sounds really geeky. it might be something that chad vader would buy.

JohnnyL

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »
sounds kinda geeky.

lol
you gotta admit, it sounds really geeky. it might be something that chad vader would buy.

Well, I admit I don't know how much the casual fan will be into it.  I find it curious that they would start off their releases with yet another re-release.  I'm sure the completists like myself will be happy though.     

Big B

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 07:55:30 AM »
sounds kinda geeky.

lol

Well, I admit I don't know how much the casual fan will be into it.  I find it curious that they would start off their releases with yet another re-release.  I'm sure the completists like myself will be happy though.     
what would you suggest they start off with?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2009, 08:08:07 AM »
sounds kinda geeky.

lol

Dat Woopty Woop Re-lit would be a better start.  Put a bunch of unreleased tracks on there as well as videos. 

JohnnyL

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2009, 08:14:06 AM »
sounds kinda geeky.

lol

Well, that's a tough one.  Maybe they think by starting off with an album like "The Chronic," they're playing it safe since it's an already-established hit record from a famous
artist.  You can't hardly argue that, but at the same time, there are going to be a lot of people who already own "The Chronic," and therefore won't re-buy it no matter how nicely they dress it up.  
  Personally, I think I would have tried to put out a full unreleased album first.  N.I.N.A. might have been a good choice since Left Eye was an already established star, if the album hadn't leaked already.  Crooked I's "Untouchable" album could probably have been a successful first release.
  But, a lot of this would also depend on how well the label promotes the material.  So far, they have only posted a website with very little content.  I think whichever artist they choose to put out (first, or even for future releases), they need to have a website where they can post at least one single for each album, before it comes out.  Plus provide a forum where the fans can post, so they have a better idea of which albums the fans want most.  Laura Lavi and John Payne should probably also continue to do interviews, also to help keep people informed of when the albums will be available.

MediumL

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 08:58:01 AM »
I'll cop this cause the copy of The Chronic i have has a cd cover that doesnt shut properly. Plus since its one of my favourite albums I wouldn't mind owning extra tracks and videos for it.

Its not like its some shitty album from some no name DR artist, its The Chronic people. A landmark album in music, period.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Big B

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 09:58:24 AM »
johnnyL and mediumL are you the same person?