Author Topic: Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date  (Read 4540 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Dr. Dre The Chronic Re-Lit Release Date
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2009, 10:03:50 AM »
johnnyL and mediumL are you the same person?

no.

Big B

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2009, 10:07:12 AM »

no.
what is the significance of the L?

JohnnyL

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2009, 10:08:10 AM »

no.

For me it's the first letter of my last name.

MediumL

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »

no.

same bludddddddd
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Big B

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »

no.

same bludddddddd
so your first name is medium?

are you brothers?

Blaqkout

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »
can't wait to see what extra tracks they might throw on! they know people have big expectations for them, hopefully they come through.

Big B

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
sounds kinda geeky.

lol
you gotta admit, it sounds really geeky. it might be something that chad vader would buy.

Well, I admit I don't know how much the casual fan will be into it.  I find it curious that they would start off their releases with yet another re-release.  I'm sure the completists like myself will be happy though.     
what would you suggest they start off with?

Well, that's a tough one.  Maybe they think by starting off with an album like "The Chronic," they're playing it safe since it's an already-established hit record from a famous
artist.  You can't hardly argue that, but at the same time, there are going to be a lot of people who already own "The Chronic," and therefore won't re-buy it no matter how nicely they dress it up.  
  Personally, I think I would have tried to put out a full unreleased album first.  N.I.N.A. might have been a good choice since Left Eye was an already established star, if the album hadn't leaked already.  Crooked I's "Untouchable" album could probably have been a successful first release.
  But, a lot of this would also depend on how well the label promotes the material.  So far, they have only posted a website with very little content.  I think whichever artist they choose to put out (first, or even for future releases), they need to have a website where they can post at least one single for each album, before it comes out.  Plus provide a forum where the fans can post, so they have a better idea of which albums the fans want most.  Laura Lavi and John Payne should probably also continue to do interviews, also to help keep people informed of when the albums will be available.
if they offered you a job would you take it?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
Well, that's a tough one.  Maybe they think by starting off with an album like "The Chronic," they're playing it safe since it's an already-established hit record from a famous
artist.  You can't hardly argue that, but at the same time, there are going to be a lot of people who already own "The Chronic," and therefore won't re-buy it no matter how nicely they dress it up.  
  Personally, I think I would have tried to put out a full unreleased album first.  N.I.N.A. might have been a good choice since Left Eye was an already established star, if the album hadn't leaked already.  Crooked I's "Untouchable" album could probably have been a successful first release.
  But, a lot of this would also depend on how well the label promotes the material.  So far, they have only posted a website with very little content.  I think whichever artist they choose to put out (first, or even for future releases), they need to have a website where they can post at least one single for each album, before it comes out.  Plus provide a forum where the fans can post, so they have a better idea of which albums the fans want most.  Laura Lavi and John Payne should probably also continue to do interviews, also to help keep people informed of when the albums will be available.

don't kid yourself. a crooked i record won't ever be a success. Left Eye on the other hand could be a big seller.

if the album is coming out on 07/07/2009, when can we expect a tracklist with bonus songs?

Big B

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2009, 11:37:34 AM »

don't kid yourself. a crooked i record won't ever be a success. Left Eye on the other hand could be a big seller.

if the album is coming out on 07/07/2009, when can we expect a tracklist with bonus songs?
probably on 7/7/2009.

JohnnyL

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 12:28:47 PM »

I'm not so sure about that, man.  I agree with  you that N.I.N.A. (at least if she's promoted as Left Eye) would be more instantly recognizable than Crooked I.  But I really feel like a lot of what would factor into whether or not the album was a success would be how well it was promoted.
  One good thing about putting out a Crooked I cd right now, is they would probably benefit from a little bit of unintentional cross-promotion from the "Slaughterhouse" project.  I realize Crooked I still isn't an instantly recognizable name.  But with all the promotion that he's been doing for "Slaughterhouse" lately, a lot more people know who he is now, than did just a short time ago.
 A lot of it would also depend on the amount of time and effort Wideawake put into promoting it too, though.  The one thing I think they can't afford to do, is continue to not promote their future releases on their website. 
  Another possiblity for a jump off release might be Petey Pablo, as he had already obtained some acclaim before recording material for Death Row.  Of course, a lot of his Death Row material has leaked too, so it might depend on how much more stuff he had recorded that hasn't already come out.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »
i don't think that they could have commercial success with any record they release (even unreleased stuff). face the truth, 95% of the online community is leechers who push a download button (a free one of course) and the rest don't give a fuck about wideawake or deaah row anymore. the only record that could bring success is the pac album (if it really happens) and only with major distribution (so don't work with amaru on this)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:13:55 PM by R!dah »

Tha Crip

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 01:13:57 PM »
fuck a nina or a crooked i album, give me Sam Sneeds album and we cool  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

JohnnyL

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 01:16:24 PM »
sounds kinda geeky.

lol
you gotta admit, it sounds really geeky. it might be something that chad vader would buy.

Well, I admit I don't know how much the casual fan will be into it.  I find it curious that they would start off their releases with yet another re-release.  I'm sure the completists like myself will be happy though.     
what would you suggest they start off with?

if they offered you a job would you take it?

Maybe.  Depends on what job they offered me. 

JohnnyL

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2009, 01:23:45 PM »

A Sam Sneed album would be dope, but I was trying to think of an album from an artist that might be recognizable enough to be a commercial success.  While I hope they do put out a Sam Sneed album, I'm not sure if it would be smart to make it the first album they put out.  Another possiblity is they could put out another full length compilation which had unreleased tracks from both the most recognizable artists (Dre, Snoop, etc.) and the lesser known acts.  That might help make the casual fan more aware of who some of the lesser-known artists are.

EFFeX

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2009, 01:57:48 PM »

Doesn't make sense, it would sell 7 copies.