Author Topic: Am I the only one that grew up on rap  (Read 1142 times)

herpes

Am I the only one that grew up on rap
« on: June 06, 2009, 10:04:11 AM »
And has zero interest in it anymore ?  The only thing I am checking for now is slaughterhouse and whenever Nas drops and maybe a few other cats like anything Masta Ace is involved with.  But nothing at all peeks my interest in this joke of genre.  I can't stand listening to some supposed dope underground artist rapping over myspace beats.  The mainstream don't even get me started.  95% of legends in the game when they put out new material aren't even trying with the exception of a few.  Than you got some loser telling me I gotta dig to find the dope stuff it's out there.  I work full time and I'm back in school full I don't have time to go on an indian jones like adventure digging for good music.  I couldn't tell you the difference between a lii jeezy and a young weezy.  I can't stay awake for an entire song by mc I'm so underground that the nerds get off to.

I will always listen to my older stuff, except a lof of the westcoast gangsta rap.  That shit is beyond ignorant.  But I hit a certain point where I stopped fucking with new rap all together.  There is ntohing worth listening to now.  I fully expect all the young kids to come and tell me stop complaining b/c change is inevitable.  And I fully expect the nerds to come say I was never a hip hop head to begin with b/c I don't jerk off to MC monotone flow.  Hip Hop sucks and the fans suck too.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Am I the only one that grew up on rap
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »
i feel what you saying.

Rap has changed, it's just whatever.

i try to bump the good & look out for the good, but theres just so much bad out there lol.

herpes

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »
i feel what you saying.

i try to bump the good & look out for the good, but theres just so much bad out there lol.

The problem is 95% of the good shit won't even be remembered in a few months, it has no staying power.  It's the entire genre from top to bottom, underground to mainstream is garbage with nothing exciting dropping.  So something that is average to above average is now the extremely dope stuff.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 10:15:34 AM »
i feel what you saying.

The problem is 95% of the good shit won't even be remembered in a few months, it has no staying power.  It's the entire genre from top to bottom, underground to mainstream is garbage with nothing exciting dropping.  So something that is average to above average is now the extremely dope stuff.

that's why i just give a fuck a less how other people remember it.

i know i'm going to bump & remember all the good shit & just forget the wack shit even came out.

rap is so awful when you really look at it though; not the rapping itself, just the way it's now made & viewed.

Invincible

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 05:59:30 AM »
Well there are albums from Raekwon, Redman, Method Man and Blaq Poet on the way. And GZA, Pete Rock and Q-Tip had albums out last year. Do they not interest you?

The Overfiend

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 06:19:47 AM »
I still love rap music. I love it! Nigggurrrrrrr

You gotta have a healthy approach to music and supplement your hip-hop with music from other genres.

And sometimes you even gotta refrain from music altogether and give your mind some space. Nigurrrrrrr

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 07:22:20 AM »
I don't agree with you.  I love hip-hop through thick and thin.  If anything I think your life has changed, your values, and what you like have changed.  Hip-Hop is abundantly alive and well.

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 07:39:53 AM »
yeah man i feel you. there's very few rappers i check for anymore...and all of them are from a particular time period in my life....like those from early to late 90's....very few new ones...

it's cool. people get older and their tastes change.

Moe

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »
i grew up on metallica and big band music, rapstarted out as just a passing fancy but will hold a special place in my heart. i havent checked out much new stuff recently.

herpes

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 08:38:03 AM »
Well there are albums from Raekwon, Redman, Method Man and Blaq Poet on the way. And GZA, Pete Rock and Q-Tip had albums out last year. Do they not interest you?

No b/c it will all be uninspired music.  And even when Method Man was dope he couldn't make a good album.

herpes

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 08:40:57 AM »
I don't agree with you.  I love hip-hop through thick and thin.  If anything I think your life has changed, your values, and what you like have changed.  Hip-Hop is abundantly alive and well.

Nope what I like hasn't changed, I still like good music.  I still listen to Joell Ortiz Bodega Chronicles because it was a dope rapper that sounded hungry and had dope gritty production.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 08:43:18 AM »
i grew up on rap, untill i was 18 it was my life, now exept for 80s early 90s and shit i used to love i cant stand it, i listen to my ipod on shuffle and always skip any rap song that i have on there, just doesnt do it for me , i feel likme i can be doing something better with my time

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 09:33:53 AM »
All your threads are negative as fuck.

herpes

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 10:10:40 AM »
All your threads are negative as fuck.

Does that bother you ?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 10:33:01 AM »
I'm the same way.  I used to love hip-hop for over a decade and now barely care anymore and it's been like that for a about 2-3 years I guess.  Maybe because I'm just getting older, 28 now  :o
I might check this section once every few days and barely even open a thread, just wanna to see if any artists I care about are doing anything.  And I can't even remember the last time I looked in west coast section.