Author Topic: Dubcnn Exclusive: Stat Quo on Eminem, Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine, Bishop Lamont!!!  (Read 2385 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Grow Up is one of the dopest tracks from the west in a minute and it wasn't even mastered properly.

It's unfortunate the record got black balled.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props great interview! stat is a bit more smart and savvy than your average rapper, keeping it real, none of that phony crap. more dudes like him deserve to blow up.

Word, dope interview

sofdark

Can't agree with grow up being the dopest track. It was just mediocre.

Should've asked Stat if he was offered contract from Southern labels like cash money.

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Damn...That was an interesting interview..I know I've usually blamed Jimmy I. but I guess Dre is more the reason for the lack of music from The Math....Kind of dissapointing  cause if anybody should know the frustration of trying to be an artist and getting heard it is Dre...Even if you forget about World Class Wrecking Crew and NWA, Dre could not have even gotten The Chronic out without Suge and we know how dope that was. Labels were turning him and Suge down left and right so Dre should no better than to fuck up people's money and careers like he has in some instances.. Stat, Hittman, King T and others will never recoup the money they lost fucking with Aftermath but we kind of focus on the successful shit.....Damn Dre.   

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Can't agree with grow up being the dopest track. It was just mediocre.

Should've asked Stat if he was offered contract from Southern labels like cash money.

Mediocore?

haha
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

Damn...That was an interesting interview..I know I've usually blamed Jimmy I. but I guess Dre is more the reason for the lack of music from The Math....Kind of dissapointing  cause if anybody should know the frustration of trying to be an artist and getting heard it is Dre...Even if you forget about World Class Wrecking Crew and NWA, Dre could not have even gotten The Chronic out without Suge and we know how dope that was. Labels were turning him and Suge down left and right so Dre should no better than to fuck up people's money and careers like he has in some instances.. Stat, Hittman, King T and others will never recoup the money they lost fucking with Aftermath but we kind of focus on the successful shit.....Damn Dre.   

you mixed that up. Suge wouldn't have gotten anywhere without Dre. Dre was already an established star and producer. Without him there'd be no Death Row.

Jimmy H.

Stat, Hittman, King T and others will never recoup the money they lost fucking with Aftermath but we kind of focus on the successful shit.....Damn Dre.   
Money they lost? Pretty sure they got an advance from the label for albums they never even released. Aftermath paid for the studio time. Sure, they may have lost out on a chance to have the world hear their albums but these things happen with business. To the outside world, all Dre has to do is endorse an album and it's a hit record but business don't work that way. Like I said, look at that Busta Rhymes album. Dre really brought some exciting shit out of Busta and because it didn't go 11x platinum, people act like it's a fucking MC Hammer record.

West Coast Veteran

"Grow Up" was a great great track. Beat, content, lyrics all dope.

Kool Beenz

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
another great interview by Jonathan & Chad 8) thanks.

lol at Dre for not liking Grow Up  :P :nawty: it's a lot better than the majority of the songs he produced on Relapse, to me.

so Dre was really pissed that Bishop acted on his own; maybe that explains why Bishop has no clue of what Dre is doing with Detox.
i'm glad that Bishop did release the song though! if it was up to Dre, we would have never heard it :-X

might as well leak The Reformation  :whistle:

KURUPTION-81

Stat came across real well in the interview, i remember the vibe reviewing statlanta and calling it a classic.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

jonathandubcnn

Thanks so much for all the feedback  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
We appreciate the feedback... It was a great experience for Chad and I to talk to the very humble Stat Quo  8) Also, Chad and I are working on a lot of cool and exclusive stuff for Dubcnn, and the West Coast music scene in general!!! 

will the Erotic D feature still drop?

he's been in jail for 9 months now

kuruptDPG

any latest shit on him putting out these unreleased songs?

West Coast Veteran

smh @ Dre not liking Grow Up but actually liking and releasing "We Made You" as the first single... disgusting

As previously said Grow Up beat > any beat on Relapse