Author Topic: So Common has finally gotten over H.E.R.  (Read 765 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

So Common has finally gotten over H.E.R.
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:26:47 PM »

I'd say if it wasn't apparent from Universal Mind Control and him doing ads, its official now

thisoneguy360

Re: So Common has finally gotten over H.E.R.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:45:57 PM »
Jonas Brothers??? Common????   :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 07:01:30 PM »
I COPPED Be and Finding Forever, both incredible albums.  His last album I heard bad things so I gave a DL and deleted that shit after one listen

I've lost a lot of respect for this nigga
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »
UMC was a dope release.  Very good music for the summer.  He kicked some nice old school flows on it. 

But, this is lame.  I guess the dollar was too good to pass up.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 07:07:18 PM »
I COPPED Be and Finding Forever, both incredible albums.  His last album I heard bad things so I gave a DL and deleted that shit after one listen

you and i can finally agree on something +1
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Moe

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
i like that song with lily allen

jeanmiche777

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 08:53:37 PM »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 11:01:34 PM »
I'm a fan of conscious hip-hop generally, and Common is always built up to be the #1 conscious rapper but I've never been able to get into any of his albums.  He's had some songs I really loved like "The Light".. but I think Mos Def and Talib Kweli are way ahead of Common when it comes to conscious rap.  I don't think Common is capable of putting together an album that could compete with the earlier albums from Talib and Mos.. or with Dead Prez debut, as far as conscious rap goes.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 11:36:35 PM »
I would rap over this beat, so I don't see the beef?   Hip-Hop is universal, don't discriminate against any artists!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 11:44:23 PM »
I would rap over this beat, so I don't see the beef?   Hip-Hop is universal, don't discriminate against any artists!

Doesn't matter what you think of the Jonas Brothers, they are pop. Common is doing a song with them to try to appeal to the mainstream audience. Not only that he is appearing on tv ads and coming up with his own clothing line. That might be okay for some rappers, but it goes against everything Common has stood for. This is the definition of a sellout. He's a hypocrite to have a song like I Used to Love H.E.R. and now be heading towards the pop tip.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:55:44 AM »
Resurrection was the only Common album I really liked top to bottom. The rest of them just had the odd banger here and there.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 03:08:36 AM »

Doesn't matter what you think of the Jonas Brothers, they are pop. Common is doing a song with them to try to appeal to the mainstream audience. Not only that he is appearing on tv ads and coming up with his own clothing line. That might be okay for some rappers, but it goes against everything Common has stood for. This is the definition of a sellout. He's a hypocrite to have a song like I Used to Love H.E.R. and now be heading towards the pop tip.
ver

How do you know that?  Think this, Common has NO IDEA who these guys are (I only found out about their level of popularity like 2 months ago, and still haven't see them anywhere but uTube), then these guys come @ Common to do a song.. Common checks the beat, and he's with it, so he lays a verse about whatever the song is about...

I don't see how that is selling out.  If you can make a love song, (assuming that is what it's about), then you ain't got soul, and you shouldn't be rapping..

Concerning the clothing line, could be just a money venture..  And I'm sure all the "real artists" who could have clothing deals, would take it, and some actually do..

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 03:57:53 AM »
I guess this was just Jonas Brothers' & Disney's way to signal that they don't hate black people. I don't see any other legit reason why this awkward collaboration went down.  They should have got Chris Brown instead.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 08:23:49 AM »

ver

How do you know that?  Think this, Common has NO IDEA who these guys are (I only found out about their level of popularity like 2 months ago, and still haven't see them anywhere but uTube), then these guys come @ Common to do a song.. Common checks the beat, and he's with it, so he lays a verse about whatever the song is about...

I don't see how that is selling out.  If you can make a love song, (assuming that is what it's about), then you ain't got soul, and you shouldn't be rapping..

Concerning the clothing line, could be just a money venture..  And I'm sure all the "real artists" who could have clothing deals, would take it, and some actually do..

First off, everyone knows who the Jonas Brothers are, maybe you don't pay attention to the music industry but Common definitely does. Second, what does making a love song have to do with anything? Common has made love songs before, that isn't what we are talking about. Do you even listen to Common? I"m not coming with this stuff out of my ass, everything he's doing now is stuff he was preaching against during the 90s. If you don't believe me, just go back and listen to his music.

"Selling out" refers to the compromising of one's integrity, morality and principles in exchange for money, 'success' (however defined) or other personal gain

According to this definition, Common is the definition of a sellout. If you don' t know what Common's principles are (or were) then you shouldn't be arguing with me.

MediumL

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 09:36:03 AM »
plz Common is the biggest contradiction in hip hop. To come out dissing people about TV ads and making party joints and then to do the exact same thing when he'd found a little fame. Smh

But im not gonna lie, i copped Be and Finding Forever. :laugh:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>