Author Topic: DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blaqout is a terrible album  (Read 2639 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blaqout is a terrible album
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 06:35:17 PM »
BlaQKout is the type of album that, in a month from now, people won't even remember was released.  It has a VERY short shelf life.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 07:41:26 PM »
I think its an incomplete album to tell you the truth but i think its a great album

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »
This albums has at least 5 OUTSTANDING songs and 3 or 4 very good tracks. Sure a filler or 2 but which album doesnt have that ?????

I think its a great album, people were expecting way too much from this album.

Its just something to chill to in the summer, nothing more.

My top 5.
1. Hey Playa
2. Do u Know
3. Ohh!
4. The Appeal
5. Cream in ya Panties

Excellent album !

I feel that top 5.....here's mine

#1. 9x's Outta 10
#2. Do You Know
#3. BlaQKout
#4. The Appeal
#5. Fuck Ya'll
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 10:09:38 PM »
I don't mean to bash just my opinion...but how can you say this album has TONS of good songs when there are only 13 tracks and one of those is a skit, the other a remix and another thats pretty much instrumental. That leaves 10 real tracks and i would say maybe 3 of those are good. I think the problem with this album is that its missing heaters...theres no stand out jam that makes you say daaaamn like all the other previous quik albums had. I would say cream is the closest I get to a heater on this cd. Like many I don't think the album is garbage but it isn't close to great either.

ok, let's go song by song then

1. BlaQKout <-  ;D all around good song
2. Cream <-  ;D banging beat
3. Do You Know <-  :) ok song, not that bad at all
4. Whatcha Wan Do <-  :(
5. Ohh <-  ;D takes the southern style and flips it, these wack rappers stuck on south music should take notes what quik did here
6. Fuck Yall <-  ;D how can you not like the beat and kurupt comes off hard
7. Hey Playa! (Moroccan Blues) <-  ;D classic
8. Exodus <-  :-\ didn't like it at first but it grows on you, still just an ok track
9. 9X Outta 10 <-  ;D simple but good
10. Jupiter's Critic And The Mind Of Mars <-   ??? no good
11. The Appeal <-  ;D another good song
12. Problem: The B Stands For Beautiful <-  :( stupid skit
13. Whatcha Wan Do ((Alternate Version)) <-  :(

so yes there are a ton of good songs when you break it down, thats:
;D s & 1  :) s
:( s
??? s
:-\ s

thats a fucking good album!!!

Great Review

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
Re: DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blaqout IS A GREAT ALBUM!!!!
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 10:44:02 PM »
BLAQUOUT FUCCIN BANGS!!!

I have a copy in my Ride and in my player at Home.
I just let that Shit Play!

Here are my Current Ratings:

:o  5 I Fuccin Luv It!
 8)  4 Dope Shit !
 :)   3 It's Cool.
 :(   2 cool but Not really my style
 :P  1 Wack

1. BlaQKout   :)   4 Dope Shit !
2. Cream :o  5 I Fuccin Luv It!  
3. Do You Know :)   8)  4 Dope Shit ! 
4. Whatcha Wan Do   :o  5 I Fuccin Luv It! (except yayo's verse) (I like the order of this version better but problems verse should have been 3rd here)
5. Ohh    :o  5 I Fuccin Luv It!
6. Fuck Yall  :o  5 I Fuccin Luv It!
7. Hey Playa! (Moroccan Blues) :o  5 I Fuccin Luv It!
8. Exodus  :o  5 I Fuccin Luv It!
9. 9X Outta 10  :o  5 I Fuccin Luv It!
10. Jupiter's Critic And The Mind Of Mars    :)   3 It's Cool.
11. The Appeal   :)   3 It's Cool.
12. Problem: The B Stands For Beautiful \  :P  1 Wack
13. Whatcha Wan Do ((Alternate Version))  3 :)   It's Cool. (I Like Problems verse but I wish the order was Quik, Kurupt then Problem like the yayo version) 8)

7 X  :o  5 I Fuccin Luv It!
2 X  8)  4 Dope Shit !
3 X  :)   3 It's Cool.
0 X  :(   2 cool but Not really my style
1 X  :P  1 Wack
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:44:42 AM by Twisted Smoke »

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

Elano

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
Ya never know he just might surpass that, remember quik's new solo, is next, and I'm not sure what song is gonna make it or what not, but if y'all heard what he has cooked up for the next album, whoa!, I'll tell u one thing he's back to that rhythm-al-ism vibe, and with the help of G-1, Rob Bacon, & Terrace Martin, only make it better..
How many tracks have you heard from his new solo album ?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 01:49:34 AM »
I don't even know what some of you are on in calling this a terrible album. If you thought going in that you were going to get some Death Row era Kurupt on some 90's Quik beats then you weren't paying attention. They said in the promo that this was gonna be an experimental album and it would be on some different shit and to me, it worked. I'm enjoying the fuck out of the album. If anything, my only complaint is how short the album is with only 12 tracks with most under three minutes. I'll probably have to take a few more listens before I can formulate a real opinion but upon first listen, I really like the record.

The fact is most of you who are hating on the record are probably on some childish shit anyway. There was this version of the album you built up in your minds and when it didn't turn out that way, you refused to accept it for what it was. It's not Quik's equivalent of "Detox" so now it's the biggest piece of garbage album you've ever heard.

To me, it's $9.99 well spent. A new Quik album just in time for the summer.   

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blaqout IS A GREAT ALBUM!!!!
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 02:31:10 AM »

Here are my Current Ratings:

1. BlaQKout  8/10
2. Cream 9/10
3. Do You Know 8/10
4. Whatcha Wan Do   7/10
5. Ohh    9/10
6. Fuck Yall  8/10
7. Hey Playa! 7/10
8. Exodus  3/10
9. 9X Outta 10  9/10
10. Jupiter's Critic And The Mind Of Mars  0/10
11. The Appeal  8/10
12. Problem: The B Stands For Beautiful 0/10
13. Whatcha Wan Do ((Alternate Version)) 3/10

3 X 9/10's
4 X 8/10's
2 X 7/10's
2 X 3/10's
2 X 0/10's

OFFICal review

overall that adds up to 79 outta 130..... which is 6 /10......
but cuz one is a skit... i will rank it 7/10 overall... im happy..
 it has been gettin lots of replay value so far after 2 days

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 10:07:25 AM »
So just because we arent feeling the more mainstream vibe they used on this album all of the sudden we're childish? Im 29 bro I don't wanna hear no playful beats with meaningless rhymes. I want rhymes that paint pictures in my head and beats that sound raw. Aint even gotta be 90's quik beats cause i was totally feeling under tha influence n trauma. Fact of the matter is I think westcoast rap is horrible right now and has been for the past few years and and some cats are just willing to take whatever they give us and call it great just because thats all we're getting from them.

eNgIeS

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »
Just skimmed over the album will listen in more detail. to me it sounds dope. not classic but good enuff

Jimmy H.

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 12:45:20 PM »
So just because we arent feeling the more mainstream vibe they used on this album all of the sudden we're childish? Im 29 bro I don't wanna hear no playful beats with meaningless rhymes. I want rhymes that paint pictures in my head and beats that sound raw. Aint even gotta be 90's quik beats cause i was totally feeling under tha influence n trauma. Fact of the matter is I think westcoast rap is horrible right now and has been for the past few years and and some cats are just willing to take whatever they give us and call it great just because thats all we're getting from them.
No. It's not an issue of whether people feel it or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's this whole "hyperbole" mentality that a lot of you have and I'm not necessarily saying it's you. Cats build this record up in their head like it's going to be the biggest album ever or on par with this or whatever and then when it isn't the record they wanted or expected, their disappointment goes into overdrive and it becomes the "most terrible, shitty album of all time". The reviews are more about your unmatched expectations for the album than the actual quality of the album.   

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 01:33:11 PM »
Co-sign.. Every song from beginning to end is ass

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2009, 03:19:27 PM »
I think what happens to these artists is that they feel if they make a more universal record that will appeal to a more broad audience and make them more money and put them in for forefront of mainstream hip hop, but these guys have been there already and i doubt it will happen again. Its seems like quik tried to sorta do what sounds hott right now like "do you know" kinda has a kanye beat/vibe to it.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »
I think what happens to these artists is that they feel if they make a more universal record that will appeal to a more broad audience and make them more money and put them in for forefront of mainstream hip hop, but these guys have been there already and i doubt it will happen again. Its seems like quik tried to sorta do what sounds hott right now like "do you know" kinda has a kanye beat/vibe to it.
Oh so this wasn't meant to experiment but to sell mad loads of records and become a mainstream hit? I think what happens is that i'm gonna call you a moron.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2009, 03:57:25 PM »
Oh so this wasn't meant to experiment but to sell mad loads of records and become a mainstream hit? I think what happens is that i'm gonna call you a moron.
I agree with quiksta, his thoughts are similar to mine in this thread I made a few days back

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=220883.0