Author Topic: Unreleased 2Pac Thug Life Tape  (Read 7720 times)

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
Re: Unreleased 2Pac Thug Life Tape
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »
Mad Props for that "Bury Me A G" solo track I've also been waitin' on that for years. "Don't Sleep" is quite different from the other version but this is pretty dope. Pac's work ethic was crazy. If the albums they release of Pac's music were to sound like these tracks they would definitely sell more.

dont sleep is way different........props
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

kuruptlon

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 05:22:09 PM »
man I love it when these dudes get fired up and just start dropping gems on em

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 06:45:43 PM »
that DonT sleep sounds like a remix...lil big vocals just dont fit the track at all!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Avalanche

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »
can some1 up the r u still down track?

kuruptlon

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
that DonT sleep sounds like a remix...lil big vocals just dont fit the track at all!

thought the same thing hack

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 07:12:39 PM »

thought the same thing hack

yea its like the beat itself sounds passable for 1996  (sounds like the same sample as HAPPY HOME OG in there somewhere?)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Taclivin

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »
Nice. Thank You!

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »

Remember though it was produced by GoTwice.. just like how Ghetto Star sounds 20x better with Ant Banks remixing it.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

Blasphemy

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 09:29:54 PM »
Which version is this??? I got the Original Demo. Was this before even that 1??? god damn. lol Then again every album I listen too usually has way more tracks on its OG pressings, before the final cut. So I'm not really surpraised.

1+ up man

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »
can some1 up the r u still down track?

yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 12:46:04 AM »
HOLY AYHOLE!!!!!

PROPS!

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 12:57:12 AM »
here might be a little background info

2Pac Death Row EP Volume I

Thanks to the efforts of Schreibs, Lost Skanless, Dante, and Prophet, we’re happy to present the first of several scheduled 2Pac Death Row era EP projects. Similar to the Deon deal but also a bit different, this material was sourced at a very high price but on a per-track basis. The costs of sourcing the material of this and each future EP are calculated over the number of projected buyers to arrive at the per unit/member cost. These projects will be distributed as wave file digital downloads via FTP, and after we’ve amassed enough material for a DVD or CD we’ll send out a hardcopy.

The first EP is available to everyone who have purchased Too Gangsta For Radio Volume 2 and contains the following tracks, all pulled from masters and in top quality (think the catalog DATs in terms of quality):

1. Ballad Of A Dead Souljah.wav
2. Niggaz Nature with Val Young.wav
3. If There's A Cure with Snoop Doggy Dogg.wav
4. Borrowed Times (Chelle featuring 2Pac).wav
-bonus-
5. Ballad Of A Dead Souljah (Chorus Hooks).wav
6. Ballad Of A Dead Souljah (2Pac Hooks).wav
7. If There's A Cure with Snoop Doggy Dogg (Cleaned).wav

Ballad Of A Dead Souljah sounds similar to what is released but incorporates the actual sample and not a replay. There is some nice congo drum sounding percussion and an extended outro. Curious is that the first hook is the same singers as on retail, but subsequent hooks are 2Pac solo. I’ve therefore made both hook permutations consistent and included these mixes as bonuses. Niggaz Nature sounds very similar to the Too Gangsta For Radio retail release, but has an extended instrumental outro and of course dramatically different hooks. If There's A Cure is probably the most exciting song here, with all new vocals from 2Pac and Snoop and a sample and interpolation of the Diana Ross song. There is minor hiss feedback that I removed in the bonus cut. Finally, Borrowed Times is the long sought after debut song from Chelle, who would have been signed to 2Pac’s label had things gone differently. The honest truth is that the singing is poor at best and 2Pac appears for all of 10 seconds on the song, but nonetheless this is a significant song for us to have acquired.

Recently someone has been shopping around a similar tape to the Thug Life Demo and as an added bonus we’re including it on this release. These songs may or may not leak, we really don’t know. As of yet the details of the source are sketchy at best, but fortunately we were able to acquire them without needing to trade anything at all. Don’t rely on other such bonuses to fall into our laps in subsequent EPs, but we’ll do our best to sweeten the pot whenever possible. The tracks are as follows:

8. Bury Me A G (Rip III).wav
9. Lord Knows (Version II).wav
10. Only Fear Of Death (Version II).wav
11. R U Still Down (Rip II).wav
12. Dear Mama (Version II).wav
13. Out On Bail (Main Pass) (Rip II).wav
14. Str8 Ballin (Version II).wav

All of these songs seem to be unique and new rips, and all of them are better quality than we’ve had before. Dear Mama, Lord Knows, and Str8 Ballin’ are a little different to the PNP original versions, so I’d label them as Version II. The shining star of course is R U Still Down. Again, these tracks may or may not leak in time – we can’t be sure since we were not the original sourcers – but all of us will definitely enjoy the original versions we had only in poor quality before.

We’ll begin accepting payments now, and will upload the EP1 + Bonus to a FTP with download details and archive password to be sent via forum private message to all buyers on April 1. Any buyers after April 1 will receive this information shortly after they submit payment. Tentatively we have planned EP2 for May 1, and a full CD from Lost Skanless on June 1 (these dates may get pushed back, but this is the original goal). At $250 for each EP we definitely appreciate that this is a lot of money to come up with so rapidly, but we are spacing the projects so close together to try to get some of the sourcing costs back so that we can acquire more. Currently we have some incredible opportunities that are a bit limited by the amount we’re able to front on behalf of the THC. If it takes you a couple months to buy the coming projects it’s ok, we’ll keep the V1 and V2 forums active with general talk and the EPs will be ready whenever you are.

That said, this is the beginning of a very exciting year in terms of new Death Row material!

Payment details: $250 to payment@2pacdvds.com

PLEASE SOMEONE UPLOAD R U STILL DOWN!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 05:22:16 AM »
2Pac - Bury Me A G _SOLO BEST QUALITY UNLEAKED _.mp3 - 11.48MB

This is an outstanding remaster, someone has actually done a proper job rather than just mashing the EQ and normalization.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 05:23:42 AM »

Remember though it was produced by GoTwice.. just like how Ghetto Star sounds 20x better with Ant Banks remixing it.

are you kidding??? the Ghetto Star on Better Dayz (the almost OG version) shits on the Badazz remix

and i LOVE both versions

JohnnyL

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 05:41:49 AM »

are you kidding??? the Ghetto Star on Better Dayz (the almost OG version) shits on the Badazz remix

and i LOVE both versions

Same here.  I love both versions.  They barely sound like the same song.  It's hard not to like the Bad Azz one, especially since it's the one most people heard first.