Author Topic: "Okay , You're Right " by 50 Cent = Yet another failure ..  (Read 2056 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: "Okay , You're Right " by 50 Cent = Yet another failure ..
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 09:00:48 PM »
I'm not convinced 50 lost his flare to make quality music.   For one, G-Unit's TOS was a dope album but the public wasn't looking to get down with it.

If anything 50 has oversaturate himself & G-Unit in the market.  Being such a smart business man I'm kind of shocked he doesn't see that.   He could have avoided over saturation by producing different music ala Kanye West did with 808s.  I'm not saying 50 should release an auto-tune record but rather he needs to reinvent himself in the public eye.  Give the public another reason to be back on his jock.  Kanye showed the public another dimension of his character and people bought it because it was genuine.   Or, he could have waited a year or two to release Curtis. Collecting a bunch of dope records for the album in that time period. 

I do agree he was being a hyprocite for criticizing other artist like Kanye for working with Timbaland and then went and worked with him. 

What! TOS was an awful album. Had such cheap production on it.

To me, it worked well for what they went for.   It's part of the charm.  It's dirty sounding.   I mean, Yayo really doesn't deserve to spit over a 500 grand beat so I understand the cheaper production.  Causalities of War, TOS, Kitty Kat, Let It Go, Ready or Not are all dope.  It would've been a doper duo album with just 50 and Banks but since the group has Yayo as well I dealt with it.

I think that album almost came off like a throwaway album. Something to put out to fullfill the contract with Interscope. Basically the only promo burn it got was when Rocci on 106 was talking shit about the Curtis album and they ended up playing Rider Pt 2 4 or 5 times on there and did a Making Of show about it to save face.

Yeah, I heard they had a really small budget to work with.  Less then 250 grand.  

It sounds just like the 2 mixtapes right before it got released - Elephant in the Sand and Return of the Body Snatchers.  From what I understand, It was all the same recording session.  Sure does sound like it.   The production was all kind of mixtape cheap-esque.  It is what it is.  I didn't buy it so I dug it.

Though, G-Unit tracks like Southside and We On Some Shit are classic.  That's the sound I love from 50 and the Unit.   You hear both these tracks?  I'll up'em for anyone that ain't.

Yeah it had a couple bangers on there. Ready Or Not is fire too. Banks was the highlight of the whole album.

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2009, 01:12:54 AM »
You so tough is one of my fav g unit tracks. In my opinion even yayo kills it lol...."for that china white i lay a niggas mamma down/we can shoot it out like frank wright did in china town"
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2009, 01:47:51 AM »
I'm not convinced 50 lost his flare to make quality music.   For one, G-Unit's TOS was a dope album but the public wasn't looking to get down with it.

If anything 50 has oversaturate himself & G-Unit in the market.  Being such a smart business man I'm kind of shocked he doesn't see that.   He could have avoided over saturation by producing different music ala Kanye West did with 808s.  I'm not saying 50 should release an auto-tune record but rather he needs to reinvent himself in the public eye.  Give the public another reason to be back on his jock.  Kanye showed the public another dimension of his character and people bought it because it was genuine.   Or, he could have waited a year or two to release Curtis. Collecting a bunch of dope records for the album in that time period. 

I do agree he was being a hyprocite for criticizing other artist like Kanye for working with Timbaland and then went and worked with him. 
nah man, it sucks :P

he's a hypocrite because he's always tried to maintain a hard image. he's on record saying he wouldn't work with the neptunes because they're 'too pop' and he's gangsta. then he did a record with timbaland and justin timberlake. what he is and what he thinks he is are two different things.

if dre was so worried about his 'legacy' he'd be distancing himself from 50 nowadays. still, i don't really have any idea what to expect from his new album.
true.
he even acted like he didn't need anyone to sell :laugh:

no doubt, but again thats not the point. im saying that long term, dre's legacy will be tarnished (and this is supposedly his big concern) by fucking with 50 when he was waaaay past his prime and showed no sign of regaining any previous form. it's ironic that he's too paranoid to get behind new acts like stat or bishop lamont for the same reason, but continues to support 50 cent.

so the quality of this 50 lp will be interesting.
yeah, well you know, you can easily point out contradictions, when it comes to analysing irrational thoughts