Author Topic: Stephen And Julian Marley Arrested...  (Read 196 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

Stephen And Julian Marley Arrested...
« on: February 14, 2002, 06:20:21 PM »
Julian Ricardo Marley, 26, and Stephen Nesta Marley, 29--two sons of late reggae superstar Bob Marley--were arrested in Florida on Wednesday (February 13) and charged with possession of marijuana. Stephen was hit with the additional charge of possessing drug paraphernalia including rolling papers, according to published reports.

The Marleys were arrested when police officers spotted their Mercedes-Benz speeding on a highway near Tallahassee. Florida Highway Patrol Sergeant Hugh Cutchen told AP what occurred after he pulled the vehicle over: "I walked up to the driver's door and smelled a strong odor of marijuana. In searching the vehicle, we found eight big joints of marijuana."

According to Cutchen, one of the joints was found in the pocket of a jacket owned by Julian, while several others were found under the passenger seat where Stephen was sitting. Afterwards, the brothers posted bail and were released.

The Marley brothers practice the Rastafarian faith, as their father did. In that faith, the consumption of marijuana is considered a religious practice. When LAUNCH spoke to another Marley sibling, Damian Marley, he shared how the Rastafarian religion has shaped their beliefs and morals. "Our father is Rasta, you know, and we are Rastas, you know what I mean? So that is what this legacy and this whole movement is all about--it's about Rastafari, you know? So we share the same morals and the same lifestyle as our father, you know what I mean, so the reasons why he did things is the same reason why we do things."

In related news, Damian Marley and yet another brother, Ky-Mani Marley, will compete against each other later this month at the Grammy Awards. Damian's Halfway Tree--which was produced by brother Stephen--is pitted against his brother Ky-Mani's Many More Roads in the best reggae album category.

Stephen Marley is slated to release his Ghetto Youth International/Motown Records debut set later this year.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Doggystylin

Re: Stephen And Julian Marley Arrested...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2002, 01:42:47 PM »
lol i cant say its unexpected or a suprise

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 11:13:52 PM »
no dizzle thats not a surprise.

TimeLock

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2002, 09:11:23 PM »

BLOOD CLOT!!!!

Babylon nah lef Rasta man
fe smoke dem weed in peace

[/glow]

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2002, 09:13:31 PM »
lol@thats not a suprise

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...